Facebook has grown into something more than a platform for old friends. No matter how old they get, users still can’t directly contact Facebook to acknowledge their concerns, and they are too pathetic to explain why some functions don’t work properly. ‘This person is unavailable on Messenger’ is a kind of error that failed to be explained by the Facebook support center. Here we will nail down what ‘This person is unavailable on Messenger’ means and how to fix it.
In April 2022, Facebook users worldwide experienced ‘Error code 2.’ It caused users to be unable to log in to their accounts, and some of them automatically logged out of the platform. In research, people found out that it is a long-unsolved error coming to the surface in 2017. When you are receiving this, the Facebook server is down, and nothing is wrong on your part. There are several errors on Facebook, which are either left unsolved or unexplained.
This person is unavailable on Messenger error may point to a list of concerns. The first one is you can’t chat with them. But why you can’t chat with them is the secondary concern. Let’s know more about what ‘This person is unavailable on Messenger’ means and how to fix it in this article.
What does ‘This person is unavailable on Messenger’ Mean?
Whenever you receive this message on a chatbox, it means you can no longer chat with that person. It is not due to any system errors on your part. The other person might have blocked you- but it will not be the only cause. Sometimes, he might have experienced some troubles with his account. Let’s see what causes it.
What Causes ‘This person is unavailable on Messenger?’
There are a few common reasons for popping up this message on your Messenger. They can be,
- That person might have blocked you. He can block your messages and calls only or block you on Facebook as a whole.
- The account must be deactivated, or he might have deleted Messenger.
- Due to security violence, Facebook might have banned or suspended his account.
- The Facebook server is down, or Messenger stopped working.
- The other person does not use Messenger on his phone.
- The account has been deleted.
- You might have blocked the person in the past.
These all can be the scenarios for that ‘This person is unavailable on Messenger’ pop-up. Sometimes, during the conditions mentioned above, you may not specifically receive the error message ‘This person is unavailable on Messenger,’ You also see the ‘Couldn’t send error.’
How to Fix the ‘This person is unavailable on Messenger’ Error on Facebook?
Since ‘This person is unavailable on Messenger’ error can arise due to a number of reasons, It might be difficult to fix the error without knowing the exact reasons. So let’s check the chances one by one.
1. Check if You have Blocked that Person
There is a chance that you blocked that person in the past accidentally. Let’s check that first
1. Go to ‘Settings and Privacy.’
2. Tap on ‘Settings.’
3. Click on ‘Blocking.’
4. If you have blocked the person, ‘Unblock’ him.
1. Go to ‘Settings and Privacy.’
2. Tap on ‘Settings.’
3. Select ‘Audience and visibility section.’
4. Tap on ‘Blocking.’
5. ‘Unblock the user’ if his name is on the blocked list.
This is how you check whether you have blocked the person on Facebook or not.
2. Check if that Person Blocks you
You will receive a ‘This person is unavailable on Messenger’ error when the user blocked you on Facebook. We can’t detect this in settings. But we can look for some hints to confirm it like,
- You are not allowed to invite him to a group.
- You can’t see their profile picture or posts.
- You won’t find them on search.
- They will not be on your friend list anymore.
- Check Facebook memories with them. If you can still redirect to their profile from there, they haven’t blocked you.
Check these signs to know whether they have blocked you or not.
3. The Account is Suspended
If Facebook suspends the account, you may not have access to message him on Messenger. So make sure you are not trying to contact a suspended account holder.
4. Check Whether the Account is Active or Not
Sometimes the person might have deleted the Messenger or deactivated the account. If he deactivated the account but still uses Messenger, you can find him on search.
5. Update or Reinstall the Application
Check for new updates or delete the application and reinstall it to fix the ‘This person is unavailable on Messenger’ error.
6. Connect to High-Speed Internet and Try Facebook on the Web Version
Your poor internet connection can be the villain sometimes. So try Messenger after connecting to the high-speed internet. Sometimes the issue must be with your mobile application, so try switching to the Facebook web version to try what is wrong.
7. Connect with Facebook Team
If the ‘This person is unavailable on Messenger’ error exists after trying out all the above solutions, contact Facebook Team via [email protected]
When the audience is larger on a platform, the chances of error are also high. Facebook has some common mistakes left untreated or unexplained by its support team. ‘This person is unavailable on Messenger‘ is an error that hasn’t been included in the Facebook support center.
So here we have covered what ‘This person is unavailable on Facebook’ means and how to fix it. We hope you found this one helpful. If you have more suggestions or solutions, let us know in the comments.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why can’t I find my friend’s Facebook profile?
There are several reasons for that. Either he might have blocked you or deactivated his account. If you are not still friends on Facebook, try searching his name with more specifications like work, education, and location.
2. What happens when someone blocks me on Messenger?
If someone has blocked you on Messenger, you will not be able to call or message that person through Messenger, but you can still find his account on Facebook and view his posts.
3. What happens if I deactivate or delete my Facebook account?
If you have deleted or deactivated your Facebook account, Your friends can no longer contact you through Facebook. Your profile picture will not be visible. After 30 days, Facebook permanently deactivates your account. But it takes Facebook up to 3 months to delete the information of a user.