Snapchat has always been on top of its social media game. The app is known for its unique features like Memories, Snap Maps, and Lenses. The user-friendly interface makes Snapchat the easiest app to get around. The app is quirky and fun to use. This makes it a big hit amongst the newer generations. However, if you are facing the problem of Snapchat Maps not working, here are the top 5 ways you try to fix it.
Snapchat is one of the best multimedia apps out there. It lets you stay connected with your friends like any other social media app. Its unconventional features like Lens, Memories, and Multiplayer Games make it a sensation amongst its competitors. It has this super fun quiz video Lens that lets you know who your soulmate is amongst your friends. It will tell you who you are best compatible with just by using the Lens feature. Just in case you ever wondered, you know?
With all the power-packed features, the app might glitch at times. If you are having issues with the Snap Maps feature, here are some quick steps you can try to fix Snapchat Maps not working.
How to Fix Snapchat Maps Not Working?
There can be many reasons why Snap Maps is not working on your phone. There could be a minor glitch in the app. The app might not have permission to access your location. Or the location’s permission might be disabled on your device. Here are some reasons why Snap Maps might not be working on your device and how you can fix them.
1. Re-Installing Snapchat.
One way to fix Snapchat Maps not working is to re-install Snapchat. This will solve the issue if there was a glitch in the app. Usually, any minor glitch is resolved by re-installing the app. Here is how you can re-install Snapchat on Android and iOS.
1. Go to the Play Store.
2. Go to the search bar and type Snapchat.
3. Upon finding Snapchat, click on Install.
1. Go to App Store on your iPhone.
2. Click on the Search, and type Snapchat in the search bar.
3. You will now be able to see Snapchat on the top of the results.
4. Click on the Get on the cloud icon to install Snapchat.
2. Check App Permission
Another reason why Snap Maps might be having issues is because the app does not have access to the location. You can easily fix Snapchat maps not working by following a few simple steps. When you install Snapchat it needs to have access to all necessary permission for all its features to work. Here is how you can fix app permission on Android and iOS
1. Long press the Snapchat icon on your home screen. Click on the Info icon.
2. Click on the Permissions.
3. Click on Location.
4. Click on ‘Allow all the time’.
1. Click on the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Go to Snapchat.
3. Now, allow Snapchat to access all the required permissions.
3. Check Location Settings
One of the reasons for Snapchat Maps not working properly is that your phone doesn’t have location access. You could have disabled it due to some reasons. Or it could have happened by mistake. Follow these steps to fix the Location setting. Here is how you can fix your Location settings on Android and iOS.
1. Go to Settings on your phone, then click on the Location.
2. Click on ON.
1. Click on Setting App on your iPhone.
2. Go to Privacy.
3. Click on the Location Service.
4. Disable Ghost Mode
Ghost Mode is a feature of Snapchat that lets you hide your location on the Snap Maps. This keeps you hidden on the Snap Maps. You can still see the location of your friends. You can fix this by following these few steps. Here is how you can turn off the Ghost Mode feature to fix Snapchat maps not working.
Android and iOS
1. Open Snapchat on your phone. Click on the Map icon at the bottom left of the screen.
2. Click on the Settings in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Now, turn off the Ghost Mode.
5. Clear Snapchat Cache
If you have been using Snapchat for a long time, chances are the app has stored some amount of cache data over time. This can cause many features of Snapchat like Snap Maps to glitch as the stored cache slows down the app’s performance. This can be fixed by clearing the cache from the app. Here’s how to clear Snapchat Cache on your Android and iOS.
Android and iOS.
1. Open Snapchat. Click on your Profile Icon.
2. Click on the Settings Icon.
3. Once you click on the Settings Icon, you will see the Clear Cache option.
4. Click on Continue.
These five sure-shot fixes should help you to get your Snap Maps working again. It does happen that the newest update rolled out by Snapchat might have a glitch with Snap Maps. This means, that there might not be an issue with your device. If the issue is not resolved even after you have tried all the methods, you might have to wait for Snapchat to fix the issue. Snapchat has had glitches in its past updates, even if this rarely happens.
If this article was able to resolve your Snap Maps issue, share the article with your friends.
Keep following and checking in with Path of Ex.