Snapchat is a popular social media platform where you share most of your images and data. However, while the app is present on your mobile, it may run slowly due to the enormous data. To run Snapchat smoothly, it may show an option of clearing the cache on Snapchat; it requests the users to troubleshoot the phone and clear the cache. But what does Clear Cache mean on Snapchat?
When you clear your cache from Snapchat, some of your valuable information, like photos or data, may also get deleted from your phone. But there is a method to recover data by downloading the Snapchat data. So, clearing the cache would refer to removing some of the apps in the phone which are not so much in use or least important.
So, clearing a Snapchat cache may be beneficial for some to get rid of the unwanted apps and data on their phone. To know more about removing the cache, know about what does it mean to clear cache on snap.
In This Article
What Does Clear Cache Mean on Snapchat?
Snapchat does not delete the memories and data linked to the most frequently used apps. This method helps leverage the cached data in the phone and allows the memories and Snapchat to load faster. If you want to know what happens when you clear cache on Snapchat, let me tell you when the cache does not clear on time, data loads build-up, resulting in less space available in the phone.
How to Clear Cache on Snapchat on iOS and Android?
If the question is circulating in your mind, should I clear cache on Snapchat? The answer is yes. To clear cache on Snapchat, please follow the instructions below:
- First, go to the bitmoji icon on Snapchat to access your profile.
- Next, press the cogwheel in the upper right and go to settings.
- In Account, actions look for a clear cache and select it.
- For iOS users, tap “Clear Cache,” and for Android users, “Tap Continue.”
- After selecting the options, a message would appear on the screen of your phone cache is cleared, and the memories back up would not be deleted.
By clearing the cache, unwanted files like thumbnails and other data get erased. When the app requires any deleted data, it will download it again.
What Does Clearing Cache Do on Snapchat?
If I clear cache on Snapchat what happens? Confusing? Worry not, I will help you out. For this, you must understand the motive of clearing the cache from snap and how it helps us.
1. Free up Some Storage Space in Your Phone
Cleaning the cache would help get more storage space in the phone for new data and photos.
2. Clears Saved Lenses and Photos
It clears the lens, memory, and browser cache in the phone. Clearing the required apps would delete the saved data while using the camera or other app features. If needed, you may download them again.
3. Improves the Snapchat Performance
Clearing the cache on Snapchat would help your stories, photos, and messages load faster. So, it upgrades the version of the app for you.
When the app gives you signals to clear the cache, please do the same immediately. It would help you use the app smoothly and get rid of unwanted data taking up the phone’s memory. In addition, you may even take a backup of the data or photos on your phone to avoid losing them while clearing the cache.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does clearing the cache would delete all the data in my phone?
No, it will not. However, you will get rid of the unwanted data from your phone.
2. If I clear the cache in Snapchat, will my chat be deleted?
No, clearing the cache would not delete the chat in your Snapchat app.
3. Is there any increase in the memory size of my phone while clearing the cache in Snapchat?
Yes, your phone’s memory gets clear, and you get enough storage space.
4. Does clearing the cache on Snapchat delete streaks?
No, clearing the cache on Snapchat does not delete streaks.
5. Does clearing the cache on Snapchat delete friends?
No, clearing the cache on Snapchat does not delete friends.
6. Does clearing the cache on Snapchat delete everything?
No, clearing the cache only removes the unwanted data. But if you have saved lenses and filters, you will lose that.