You can now download your Snapchat data from the official website. You can even download the data that is no longer available on the app. If you are someone who has lost your account data or just wants to view the data that is saved in the Snapchat server, you can do it by the company’s website. In this article, I will tell you how to download your Snapchat data.
There can be many reasons why you want to see the downloaded information on the Snapchat server. The reason can vary from a simple choice to privacy concerns of the user. Since Snapchat is an instant messaging service, messages and pictures delete after a set period of time but are stored in the Snapchat server, thus raising the question of privacy. So, without further ado, let’s dig in to know how to download your Snapchat data.
How to Download Your Snapchat Data?
Snapchat Support page claims that some of the user data can be viewed directly on the Snapchat app. But mostly, this is not the type of data a user is looking to download. In the Snapchat app, users can view and modify their name, email address, phone number, and Bitmoji.
To know how to download and get comprehensive Snapchat data, you need to follow the given steps.
1. Launch Snapchat on your device.
2. Tap on the Bitmoji at the top left corner of the camera screen.
3. Click on the gear icon.
4. Go to the My Data button and tap on it.
5. You will be directed to Snapchat’s website, give your credentials and log in to your account.
6. After logging in, you will have access to all the information on your account.
7. To download data, click on My Data.
8. Tap on Submit Request and type your email address at the bottom of the webpage.
9. The download is not quick, it may take several hours till you receive a .zip file with the downloaded data.
10. You will have to unzip the file before viewing the downloaded data.
What Types of Information are Accessible on Snapchat?
There are several types of data that are stored in the Snapchat server, and you can access the following among those:
- Saved chats
- Friends list
- Account name changes
- Frequent Locations
- User and Public Profiles
- Saved Memories
- Search History
- Content interests
- Login history and account information.
How to Download Your Snapchat Data
I hope all your doubts about, How to Download Your Snapchat Data are cleared. We will keep coming up with more such trending stuff on Snapchat. Till then, follow us. And keep visiting Path of EX!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to download Snapchat data?
Sometimes the downloaded data can be available in an instant and sometimes it can take up to 6 hours.
Does Snapchat data show deleted messages?
No, Snapchat data does not show deleted messages.
Where is Snapchat data stored?
Some of the Snapchat data is stored in the app and most of it stored in the Snapchat server.