Snapchat has millions of monthly active users, and every day tons of snaps are exchanged on the platform. Since sharing and storing memories on Snapchat is one of the main features of the platform, it can be annoying if a user, by any mistake, deletes their favorite memories from Snapchat. But you don’t have to worry. In this article, I will tell you, How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories.
Snapchat memories is one of the enhanced feature that allows a user to save snaps and stories. And some users have no idea that the deleted Snapchat memories can be recovered. So, without further ado, let’s dig in to learn how to recover deleted Snapchat memories.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories?
Thankfully Snapchat offers its users a way to recover deleted Snapchat memories. In the below-mentioned guide, I will tell you the methods with which you can recover deleted Snapchat memories.
Method 1: Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories From My Data
The My Data option on Snapchat stores all your data, and you can recover it whenever you want. In order to recover memories from data, follow the given steps.
1. Launch Snapchat on your device.
2. Head to your Profile image by tapping on the profile icon located at the top of the screen.
3. On your Profile page, tap on the gear icon and head to Settings.
4. Navigate through the options and then tap on My Data.
5. The page will direct you to log in to your Snapchat account by providing your username and password.
6. Once done, click on Submit Request.
Note: It is to be noted that Snapchat will typically get your data within 24 hours or sooner.
7. Keep an eye on your email box.
8. Open the mail sent by Snapchat.
9. Tap on the link and download the data.
Method 2: Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories From The Device Cache
The second method that you can use to recover deleted Snapchat memories is from your device cache. In order to do that, follow the given steps. It is to be noted that this method works only for Android devices.
In case you have mistakenly lost all the snaps and pictures from memories on Snapchat, there is a possibility you will find them in the device’s cache. In order to recover it from the device’s cache, follow the given steps.
- Head to the File manager on your device and open the Android file system.
- Once you have opened the device’s internal storage, head to the Snapchat folder.
- Now check the Cache folder to find the saved photo, copy the photo and paste it to another location.
Method 3: Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories From Google Drive
All Android devices are directly linked to Google Drive. In order to recover deleted Snapchat memories from Google Drive, follow the given steps.
1. Go to the Google account that is linked to your Android device.
2. Now, navigate to Google Photos, and you will view all the photos that are saved on the cloud.
3. You will see the snaps in the drive. Now, choose the Snaps that you want to recover to your device.
4. In case you are not able to find your snaps, then search the Trash folder.
5. Choose the snaps that you want to recover and then tap on the Recover button to restore your snaps.
Watch How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories
Snapchat is known for its user-friendly updates to keep up with the needs of its young audience. Snapchat memories allow a user to save snaps and stories, but sometimes a user deletes the memories by mistake. To know, How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories, read the entire article and do share it with your friends. Visit Path of EX for all the trending stuff!
Frequently Asked Questions
Will uninstalling Snapchat will delete my memories?
No, uninstalling the Snapchat application will not delete your memories on Snapchat. You can easily get them back once you download the Snapchat application and log in again.
What happens when you delete a snap from memories?
Memories save your Snaps and Stories on your command. You’ll always have an option to see your memories that are saved by your Snapchat.
Why did my Snapchat memories disappear?
If your Snapchat memories have disappeared, your photos have been deleted from Memories.