Do you use Snapchat because of its disappearing messages? Well, most of us do, and it’s the same feature that fascinated everyone. However, in the beginning, it can become a cause of worry (Sometimes only). If you also forgot to save your messages and then cursed yourself for it, then it’s high time for you to learn ‘How To Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages?’
You have no idea how many times I didn’t read the messages on Snapchat properly just because I left the chat page too fast. It’s not like you can ask them every time to rewrite the message, So Not Cool! If that’s the case, you missed some super important messages or deleted them by mistake, then this article would be a blessing to you. Truly!
There are many ways you can recover deleted Snapchat messages. The first method is to use the Snapchat app itself. You would have to request them to send your data. The second method requires you to dab into your phone’s internal memory and look for some files. Other methods involve you looking into your phone’s deleted files.
All the steps in these methods are super easy to execute. Let’s begin the article and restore all your precious messages. Stay Tuned!
Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages on iPhone & Android
It can be a chat with your partner or some pictures someone shared with you that you cannot afford to lose. Not by any chance! These methods are the best possible ways that you can use to recover your Snapchat messages.
Let’s unravel everything!
1. Restore & Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages
The best way to get all your messages back on Snapchat is to use the official app for your purpose. It will not only make your recovery process easy, but you can also be sure your data is kept safe during the process.
Follow these easy steps to recover deleted Snapchat messages-
- Open Snapchat and click on your profile icon on the top left.
- Click on the Settings Icon, which is on the top right corner.
- Swipe down until you see the “My Data” option.
- Enter your Snapchat username and password.
This will log in to the My Data page.
- Click on “Submit Request”
After that, you’ll see a message “We Received Your Request” and you’ll receive your data on the email connected to your Snapchat account.
That’s it. That’s all it takes to recover your deleted Snapchat Messages.
After a day or two, when you receive the mail from Snapchat, they’ll send you a link. By clicking on the click you can download all your data. Click on the mydata.zip file to get the file on your device.
What you received from Snapchat is a .zip file that has all your photos, videos, and messages. But how will you access all that data?
Worry Not! We have a solution for everything.
Accessing the .zip file
- Extract mydata.zip file. You can do it on your Android or iPhone.
- Once the file gets extracted a new folder in your Internal Storage will be created.
- Open the file (mydataa_) and click on index.html.
This file has all the messages you have sent and received from day one in this index file.
Also, check out How To Know If Someone Blocked You On Snapchat 2021: Basic Ideas
2. Recover Messages from Cache
Besides using the Snapchat application, there are other methods you can use to recover deleted Snapchat messages. This one varies for Android and iPhone users. This method is also great because you don’t need any third-party apps to get your deleted messages back.
Everything you do on your phone is saved in its cache memory. The idea is to find those messages in your cache even after you have deleted them.
Recover Snapchat Messages on Android-
- In your phone’s Settings, go to ‘Android’.
- Click on ‘Data’, then on ‘com.snapchat.android’.
- Select messages from the cache folder and click on ‘Recover’
If there is nothing in the Cache folder you can try this same process by connecting your Android to PC using a USB. Follow the same procedure and you’ll definitely get all your messages back.
Recover Snapchat Messages on iPhone-
To do the same process on iPhone you would have to use an advanced message recovery s/w.
- Install a Snapchat Message Recovery software.
- Connect the iPhone to a computer.
Your iPhone will be in recovery mode and the s/w will scan all the folders for deleted messages.
- Once the process of finding deleted messages is over, select the messages and restore them.
3. Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages using Dumpster
Instead of using Snapchat, you can also use another app that won’t violate its guidelines. Just like a PC has a ‘Recycle Bin’, you can have a recycle bin on your phone.
Dumpster can recover everything you have deleted and you can restore it instantly by using the app. If you are scared to lose important files on your phone then Dumpster is a must-have app.
This app stores each and everything you have deleted. Whether you have deleted something intentionally or by mistake, the Dumpster app will recover everything.
You know that’s the best thing about this app? You don’t need to root your device to get your deleted messages, This app does it all for you. Here are the steps to activate the Dumpster app-
- Install the Dumpster app on your phone.
- Open Snapchat photos videos on your phone.
- Open Dumpster and locate where the app will find all the snaps and videos.
That’s it! But before using this method know in advance that the app will recover messages after it was installed.
4. Use File Manager To Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages
Everything we delete from our Snapchat is stored in our phone’s internal memory. It is stored in a file named with the ‘.nomedia’ extension. If you see any file like this, then that means your deleted messages are still on your phone. This method is mostly applicable to Android devices.
Here are the steps to recover deleted Snapchat messages from your phone-
- Open File Manager on your phone.
(If your Android doesn’t have File Manager, download it from Google Play Store)
- Go to Android>data>com.snapchat.android.
- Look for a file ending with .nomedia extension.
- To recover deleted Snapchat messages, you need to rename every file with the .nomedia extension.
- Now, thumbnails of all the files would be visible.
- Now research all the files you have renamed and look for your deleted messages.
5. Save Messages
Why do anything that you might regret later? Don’t you think instead of looking up ways to recover deleted Snapchat accounts, you can try saving the messages? It is the best practice you can follow to access your data anytime.
You can save your messages (texts/pictures/videos/links) on Snapchat by holding them and clicking on “Save in Chat”. It’s that easy!
Your messages will be saved until you unsave them. Also, if you have set the 24 hours-save option then your messages will be in your chat until 24 hours, after that if they aren’t saved, they will get deleted.
I am pretty sure most of the Snapchat users would make use of the information provided in this article on ‘How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages?’ If you’re one of them, then comment below your views.
You can also share this article with your friends. After all, everybody needs to know these solutions.
If you have any other query then let us know. We will surely revert to you.
Featured Image Credits: SKTECHY