Snapchat is fun until you forget the password. We never write a password down when making one. We never even bother about passwords as long as we have access to the app. Now you don’t have to worry even if you forgot your password. You just have to learn how to change your Snapchat password and you will never mess up your account again.
I once accidentally dropped my phone and destroyed my display. I had to buy a new phone. But the sad part wasn’t that. I had to type ‘forgot password’ on all my apps and it wasn’t fun. Trust me! Having a strong password is better for security, but keep it memorable or write it down.
Snapchat is a multimedia application with strict security patterns. You cannot walk there and ask for a password change without having information associated with that Snapchat account. Since you have finally ended up with me, let me guide you through the process of ‘How To Change Your Snapchat Password?’
How To Change Your Snapchat Password?
Fearing we might forget, some of us will use the same password for everything including Wi-Fi and most of our friends may have access to our Wi-Fi. It is easier to crack a password when it is just your name, birthday, or any other publicly available pieces of information.
If you want to change your Snapchat password for any mentioned or unknown reasons, this is the sign of the universe to do it. Try this only if you remember your current password.
- Go to ‘Snapchat’ on your phone.
- Tap on your ‘Profile Picture Icon’ in the top left corner of your phone.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ in the top right corner of your phone.
- Select the ‘Password’ category.
- Enter your current password and click ‘Continue’.
- Type your ‘New Password’ in the mentioned column.
- Click on ‘Save’.
This is how to change your Snapchat password. What if you don’t remember the current password? Continue reading. We are going to deal with ‘How to reset your Snapchat Password ‘ next.
How To Reset Your Snapchat Password?
While staring at the login page not knowing the password, we know we are screwed. Don’t worry as long as you have your phone number or access to your mail. You can either choose your mail or your phone number to reset your Snapchat password. The only formality is, this mail or phone number must be associated with your Snapchat account.
How To Reset Your Snapchat Password Using Email?
You might lose your phone number or have changed. But if you still have access to your email associated with Snapchat, follow these steps to reset your Snapchat password.
- Tap ‘Forgot your password?’ showing below the login columns.
- Select ‘Via Email’.
- You will receive a link to your email to reset your password.
- Click on the link or copy-paste it to the browser.
- Enter a new password in the instructed column.
How To Reset Your Snapchat Password Using Phone Number?
Some of us still have the same phone number and log in with it everywhere. Because a verification code sent to the phone is much easier than checking mail and copy-paste URLs. In that case, follow these instructions,
- Tap ‘Forgot your password?’ on the login page below the login columns.
- Select ‘Via SMS or call’.
- A ‘Verification Code’ will be sent to your number either by message or by calling.
- Enter the verification code.
- Select ‘Continue’.
- Enter ‘New password’.
Also, read How To Edit A Shortcut On Snapchat 2022?
Why Can’t I Change my Snapchat Password?
You have successfully changed your Snapchat password. Snapchat won’t allow you to change or reset your passwords under certain conditions.
- You don’t know the mail or phone number provided.
- You don’t have access to your mail or phone number.
- When you provide mail or a phone number not associated with the Snapchat account.
How To Create A Strong Password?
Snapchat recommends at least 8 character long passwords. Other common instructions to make a strong password and keep it secure will be,
- Never use your name, birthday, age or any personal pieces of information in the password (it is highly vulnerable).
- Include symbols and numbers in the password.
- Do not use the same password for everything.
- Write your password down somewhere safe.
- Use a password manager to store your passwords.
We have covered all the details on ‘How to change your Snapchat password?’. You don’t have to worry about losing your Snapchat anymore. I swore an oath to use a password manager after losing my phone. Let us know what works better for you in the comments.
Until then, ‘Bon voyage’…
Frequently Asked questions
Why is Snapchat not letting me reset my password?
Snapchat won’t let you reset your password if you don’t have the associated email or phone number associated with it.
How do you change your Snapchat password?
You can find the ‘Password’ section in your settings. Type your ‘Current password’ and get access to type a ‘New password’.
How can I log in to Snapchat without mail?
Open the login page. Click on ‘Forgot password?’ and reset your password ‘Via SMS/Call’