Amazon Echo never forgets to entertain us, even if we take it along on our vacations. We all know how to use a smart speaker at home. However, we hesitate to use it outside the home. A reason for it could be that there are a lot of things that come to our mind, like WIFI networks, location-changing systems, and much more. So, let me show you how to use your Amazon Echo away from home.
You just need a few things to run your Echo device outside your homes like Bluetooth, a USB charger, and a good network connection. You can easily carry your Amazon Echo with you. Changing location on your device or changing the time zone on your Echo device will not take much time of yours. It is a very simple process.
Your Amazon Echo will give you the best hands-free operating system. And it can also help you to find out the route while you are traveling. So why not? Try this simple method to use your Echo device outside. So, let me show you how to use your Amazon Echo Away from home.
In This Article
How to Use Your Amazon Echo Away From Home
I agree with those who have made Amazon Echo a very important part of their life. We all rely on Amazon Echo, from setting alarms to checking weather updates and whatnot. So, make your travel plans because your Amazon Echo will also help you outside the home.
Amazon Echo can be used outside the home without any hurdles. Because your smart speaker will work the same as it works inside the home. After all, you have Alexa control on your finger touch. You will need only a few things to make your Amazon Echo run well. The first thing you need to access is a good WIFI network.
You can also use your phone’s internet connection if you cannot use WIFI. You will be surprised to know that you can access your Amazon Echo from any device. So, let me show you how to use your Amazon Echo away from home.
Can I Take My Echo to Another Location?
You can take your Amazon Echo to another location but before that, check how you can do this. Setting your location on your Amazon Echo is very important. It will help your smart speaker play the tasks very well, like weather updates, searching for new restaurants or cafes, and much more. So, there is no meaning if your device has always set on the home address.
Changing and setting a particular location on your Amazon Echo will help you to give the best results in your search. So, let me show you how to use your Amazon Echo away from home. You can easily change the location on your Amazon Echo by following below mentioned steps.
- Launch the Alexa app to select the Device.
- Now Tap on the Devices, which is on the bottom of your app screen.
- To find the device location, scroll down and tap on Device location.
- Now Enter the Address you want to set.
- Make sure if you are in a different country, then Change the country name near to your home country option.
- Now click on Save to add your address on Alexa.
Can I Control Alexa Away From Home Using WIFI?
We love to use our Echo devices at home for listening to music and checking updates. Then, why do we think twice about taking it outside the home or to our travel destination? You can control Alexa away from home using WIFI easily.
In fact, using your Echo device outside the home is the best way to utilize its features. Just because you can not take your tv along with you all the time so this is the best way to entertain yourself and others.
When we think about using Echo devices outside, we should ensure the network connection. Setting up your Echo device is all about the accommodation’s WIFI network. Whenever you set your Echo device outside the home, always confirm with your service provider; otherwise, you need to pay more for it.
Setting up your Amazon Echo device, even if you are away from home, is very easy. So, let me show you how to use your Amazon Echo away from home. Follow the below-mentioned steps to make it connect.
- Open the Alexa app and make sure your Bluetooth is turned on.
- Now Plug in your Echo device and let it boot up first.
- To select the Echo devices, tap on the Devices on the bottom side.
- Now go to the top right corner and Tap on Settings.
- Now tap on the Change close to the WIFI network.
- Now press and hold the action button to Continue.
- Your Setup mode will be searched by the app, then Tap on the Devices.
- Your device will start searching for the nearest WIFI network.
- Now enter the Password to Connect your device to WIFI.
- The Alexa app will notify you that your device is ready as soon as it Connects.
How to Change Your Echo Device’s Time Zone
You must be thinking about how changing the Time zone can help you in using your device away from home. Yes, it does help because your Alexa app does not update the time zone automatically. You have to do it manually. You can find the option of changing the Time zone very easily. Just under the device location. So, let me show you how to use your Amazon Echo device away from home. Follow these simple steps.
- Lunch the Alexa app and tap on the Devices.
- Now go to the top right corner and tap on Settings.
- Find out the Time zone by scrolling down.
- Now Change the region if you are traveling to a different country.
- Now choose the Time zone you are in.
- Click on the Back arrow to save the details.
In this article, we have learned how to use your amazon Echo away from home. You can easily take your Amazon Echo outside by following some steps which I have mentioned above. Enjoy your smart speaker anytime, anywhere. Follow Path of EX for more tech articles, and have a great day!!!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Amazon Echo in another house?
Yes, you can use your Amazon Echo in two different houses. For that connect your smart home devices to your Amazon app.
Can I take my Echo to another location?
To take your Echo device to another location, you just need to Open the Alexa app and tap Devices, Echo & Alexa, your echo device, Device Location. And, Enter your new address, then tap Save.
Is Alexa free on my phone?
On Android and iOS, Amazon Alexa now supports hands-free voice commands. To get started, however, you will have to ask Google Assistant or Siri to launch the Alexa app on your phone.