Amazon Alexa is not just a smart speaker but far more than that. Alexa has successfully taken a corner in our home. There are a number of features available with Alexa. If you are already using Alexa in your day-to-day life, then this is for you. Let me tell you, Amazon Alexa is not just for listening to Music or checking Weather updates. It serves you more than that, like Alexa’s alarms, timers, and lists. So, let me show you how to use Amazon Alexa as your personal planner.
You will agree with me that scheduling and managing your time is very important these days. We have multiple digital options for scheduling like apps and inbuilt phone scheduling. People use many different apps for scheduling, but in the end, they simply set the alarm and reminders on their phones. All these options are good, but they are also complex and time-consuming sometimes. I will show you the smartest option to schedule your alarms, timers, and lists.
Amazon Alexa is best known for its voice assistance feature. We all know that. So how about setting alarms and timers on your favorite voice assistant? Learn how to schedule on Amazon Alexa using your voice. Let me show you how to use Amazon Alexa as your Personal Planner.
In This Article
How to Use Amazon Alexa as Your Personal Planner | Use Alexa For Reminders
If you are using Alexa for more than one person in your house then you do not need to worry about it. Because yes, Alexa can set reminders for specific people on a particular device. I will show you how to use Amazon Alexa as your personal planner. You can set the reminders on Alexa in two-three ways using Alexa app or using voice.
Alexa has a wide range of skills that can be installed on your device of choice to provide hands-free control for your daily life. These include controlling lights, alarm clocks, thermostats, and more. Basically, Alexa can make your life easier.
1. Set Reminders Using the Alexa App
To set the reminders on the Alexa app, you can follow the below-mentioned steps. Which can help you to plan your days and events. So, let me show you how to use Amazon Alexa as your personal planner.
1. Open the Alexa app and tap on your profile icon at the top of the screen.
2. Now Tap on the Reminders Tab.
3. Now click on the blue plus button.
4. Find Remind me box and put the event name you want Alexa to remind you.
5. Now Set the Date and Time to put a reminder.
6. Now Tap on the Save button in the top right corner.
2. Set Reminders Using Voice
To create a reminder on Alexa using your voice you can simply follow these steps. We often use Alexa for getting traffic updates or weather updates but let me tell you, setting reminders on Amazon Alexa using voice is so fascinating. So let me show you how to use Amazon Alexa as your Personal Planner. Follow these below-mentioned steps to set a reminder using voice.
- To create a new reminder, say, Alexa, set a reminder in [name of event] for [time in minutes]. You can also say Alexa, add a reminder to [event name] to create a recurring reminder.
- If you’d like to edit an existing one, say, Alexa, cancel my scheduled meeting for today.
- You can also add location information by saying Alexa, and set a reminder at [location name]. It will remind you when I arrive at [location].
How to Use Alexa for Alarms?
Amazon Echo devices can be used for multiple things. It is a smart speaker. Amazon Echo is well known for setting home alarm systems. You can easily use Alexa to turn your lights on. Alexa can set alarms and play music for you. So, let’s move on to alarms. It makes sense that Alexa would be able to set an alarm for you, but it doesn’t seem like this feature was available when the Echo first launched.
Fortunately, it’s now. So if you have an Amazon Echo or other Alexa-enabled device (or even if you don’t), you can set an alarm using two ways: one is with your voice and the other one is with the Alexa app. So, let me show you how to use Amazon Alexa as your personal planner.
1. Set an Alarm Using Alexa App
If you want to use your Amazon Alexa device for alarms, all you need is an Echo device and an alarm clock app. Many alarm clock apps are available for Android and iOS devices, but only a few are compatible with Amazon Alexa. Here’s how to set up your alarm using an Amazon Echo device and an alarm clock app.
1. Open the Alexa app on your phone or tablet, then tap Home Screen.
2. Tap Alarms in the bottom left corner of the screen, then tap Create New Alarm to start setting up an alarm.
3. Tap anywhere in the blank space below Add Voice, then say what you want to say and how often you want it to go off (for example, “Set an hourly reminder for 7:00 AM tomorrow”).
4. You can also set Multiple alarms that repeat every day at different times or every week at one specific time of day (for example, “Reminder at 5:00 PM tomorrow”).
5. Tap Done when finished setting up your new alarm.
2. Set the Alarm Using Voice
Some people have a hard time falling asleep at night. If you’re one of them, you might find it difficult to wind down and relax before bedtime. Fortunately, there are several ways to use Amazon Alexa For Alarms to help you get ready for bed. You can set the alarm on Amazon Alexa using voice. Follow these below-mentioned steps to set the alarm.
- To set the alarm on your Alexa device, you’ll need to say, Alexa, set an alarm for 7:00 a.m. or whatever time you’d like it to go off in the morning.
- You can also ask Alexa to turn off your alarm if you don’t want it to go off at all. To do that, say, Alexa, turn off the alarm.
- You can also change the volume of your Alarm and activate different alarms on your Amazon Echo device.
How to Use Alexa for Building Lists
Alexa is not just a voice assistant. It’s also a device that can help you build lists and manage them. By adding items to your shopping list, Alexa can help you build a list. It can also be used for other tasks like adding grocery lists or shopping lists etc.
So, you can use Alexa to make different types of lists. So let me show you how to use Amazon Alexa as your personal planner.
1. Make a List Using Alexa App
Creating a list using the Alexa app is very simple so follow the below-mentioned steps to make your smart list.
- Launch the Alexa app and find the More tab from the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click on the List and Notes.
- Now Tap on the Create List.
- Now choose a name for your list and click on the Enter Button.
- Your list is Created now.
2. Make a List Using Voice
Isn’t it amazing you can make a list on Alexa using your voice? Alexa is very simple to use for all your planning. So, let me show you how to use Amazon Alexa as your personal planner. Follow these below-mentioned steps to make a list using voice.
- Alexa, what is on my name list?
- “Alexa, add me to my name list.
- “Alexa, remove from the name list.
- “Alexa, clear my name list.
In this article, we have learned how to use Amazon Alexa as your personal planner. Amazon Alexa can organize your day-to-day life very easily. You can use Amazon Alexa in two different ways with your voice and with the Alexa app. Follow Path of EX for more tech articles and step-by-step guides. Have a great day!!!
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens when you tell Alexa good night?
When you say Alexa good night Alexa will turn off the TV and lights, and it will play ambient.
Where do Alexa reminders go?
You can easily see the Alexa reminders in the Alexa app, Reminders and Alarms tab, which is in the upper left corner.
Can Alexa greet you by name?
If you implement personalized greetings on the Alexa app it will greet you by name.