Instagram is known for its unique features and user-friendly features. Ever since Meta acquired Instagram in 2012, the platform has been evolving. Every few weeks, there is a new update on Instagram making the user’s experience on the platform quite an enjoyable one. Recently users had questions regarding the intricacies of Instagram stories and how background color works on Instagram stories. If you are among such users, then you are at the right place. In this article, I will tell you, How to Change Instagram Story Background Color.
Instagram launched its story feature back in 2016. The Instagram story feature allows a user to post pictures and videos, and add effects, and layers to them and it will expire after 24 hours. The stories on Instagram gained popularity quite soon on the platform and now there are so many in-built app features on Instagram that will make your story stand out from the rest of the users on the platform.
So, without further ado, let’s dig in to learn about Instagram Stories and how do I change the background color on my Instagram story. The steps are super easy that will help to change the background color on Instagram story when sharing a post.
In This Article
How to Change Instagram Story Background Color?
Instagram as a platform has many customization features that make a user’s experience on the platform interactive and creative. Among such customization features one is background color on Instagram stories. You can easily choose the background color of your desire to make your Instagram story pop out and be unique.
There are two major ways to change the background on your Instagram story. In the below-mentioned guide, I have explained both these methods to know to change the background color on Instagram story with step-by-step instructions.
Method 1: Change Instagram Story Background Color With the Create Tool
The most common way to change the background color of an Instagram story is by using the Create tool. The Create tool on Instagram offers templates that you can use to quickly post a poll, timer, GIF, and more.
Create tool has an in-built way to change the background color of your Instagram story. In order to change the Instagram story background color with the Create tool, follow the given steps.
- Launch the Instagram app on your device.
- Swipe to the right to turn on the camera, and then select the Aa Create option on the right.
- A page will be displayed on the screen where you can pick your Story’s template. In the bottom right corner, you can see a small bubble with the same color on it that is on the screen.
- Tap this bubble to cycle through the background colors.
- Once you find the one that you like, choose it as your Story’s template and fill it all out. Once you’re ready, post it, and voila, you are done!
Method 2: Change Instagram Story Background Color With the Draw Tool Option
The draw tool method for changing the background color of an Instagram story is a bit imprecise, but if you use it correctly, you can choose any color you want as the background of your Instagram story.
In order to change the Instagram story background color with the draw tool option, you need to follow the given steps.
- Launch the Instagram app on your device.
- Tap the Your Story icon on the top of the screen, then select the photo or video that you want to upload.
- Click the three-dot icon in the top-right corner, then select Draw.
- Toolbars will appear at the top and bottom of the screen. Select the left-most option in the top toolbar (it looks like a pencil tip), and choose the color that you want from the bottom toolbar.
- Now tap and hold your finger anywhere on the screen. Give it a moment and your entire screen will fill with the color you chose.
- After the entire screen is in the color of your choice, you need to select the right-most option in the top toolbar to turn on the eraser.
- Now the next part is a bit messy and you need to drag your finger across the screen to wipe away the color covering your photo or video.
- It is to be noted that you can use the slider on the left to make your brush bigger or smaller.
You can also save the picture and upload it later as a story. Once you add it as a story you will still be able to add text and other stickers to it
How Do Instagram Stories Work?
Instagram story feature allows a user to post a picture or video from their camera roll or take one with the in-app camera. The story that you post on the story will be expired within 24 hours unless you decide to share it on your profile with the highlights feature on Instagram.
Once you select the media you want to upload, you can add elements right within the platform. You can add text, music, GIFs, emojis, a geotag, or change the color of your background, all these features will make your story stand out.
Instagram is known for its latest updates and user-friendly features. Every other day there is a new update from Instagram. Instagram offers tons of customization features for its users including the changing of Instagram story background. To know, How to Change Instagram Story Background Color and change Background Color on an Instagram Story read the entire article and do share it with your friends.
For more trending stuff on Technology, Social Media, and Gaming, keep visiting Path of EX. For any queries, comment below and we will get back to you ASAP!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you change the automatic background color on Instagram story?
Yes. The photo editing functions in Instagram allow you to change the background color.
2. Can You Change the Instagram Story Background Color in 2023?
Yes, you can set a new background color for an Instagram story. Published stories are the exception.