YouTube frequently keeps running into errors; the recent one that users are facing is YouTube Shorts with missing thumbnails. If you love scrolling through YouTube Shorts and have seen some YouTube Shorts without thumbnails, you’re at the right place! Here is an amazing blog on how to fix this error YouTube Shorts thumbnail not showing.
A few days back, YouTube had some issues with comments, and many users faced the problem of YouTube’s sound not working, and now this. Thumbnails missing on YouTube Shorts can be very annoying and irritating for viewers. This error should be fixed as soon as possible. After a lot of research, I have listed all the possible fixes that can fix this problem of YouTube Shorts thumbnails not showing.
So, without any further hassle, let me walk you through this amazing and helpful blog on how to fix this issue of YouTube Shorts thumbnails not showing.
In This Article
Causes of YouTube Shorts Thumbnail Not Showing
There are several causes of YouTube Shorts thumbnail not showing. Here are some reasons mentioned below:
- Video Too Short: If the YouTube Shorts video is too short, this issue of the YouTube Shorts thumbnail not showing can occur. It happens because YouTube is not able to select an appropriate thumbnail.
- Accumulated Cache and Junk: If you have a YouTube app full of accumulated cache and junk data, this error of the YouTube Shorts thumbnail not showing may occur.
- Video Format Not Supported: Make sure to choose the correct format. This error can occur even if YouTube does not support the video code.
- Some Issues With DNS Server: The YouTube Shorts thumbnail not showing error can occur easily due to a DNS issue. The issues of Internet Service Providers can also be the reason behind the occurrence of this issue.
- Weak Internet Connection: The most common reason for such errors is a weak and unstable internet connection. A fluctuating Internet can also be the cause for this issue’s occurrence.
- Some Technical Issue: Another cause of this problem of YouTube Shorts thumbnail not showing can be a technical or a server problem.
- Bugs in the App: There are chances that this problem of YouTube Shorts thumbnail not showing may be happening due to a bug in the app. This is a very common cause of such errors.
- A Glitch in the Device: There is a probability that this issue might be occurring due to a glitch or a fault in the mobile or the device that you are using.
How to Fix YouTube Shorts Thumbnail Not Showing?
Now that you know the causes of the YouTube Shorts thumbnail not showing, I have brought up all the important and effective fixes for this issue. Here are all the possible fixes mentioned below:
1. Fix the YouTube Shorts Thumbnail Not Showing by Setting the Appropriate Video Duration
If you are a YouTube Short video creator, make sure that the YouTube Shorts video has a minimum duration and is not very short. The minimum duration for a YouTube Shorts is said to be 30 seconds. Remake the YouTube short video and then upload it on YouTube again.
2. Fix YouTube Shorts Thumbnail Not Showing by Clearing Junk and Data
If accumulated cache and corrupted junk data are the cause, then here is the fix for the YouTube shorts thumbnail not showing the issue. Clear the cache and junk data by following the steps given below:
1. Open the Settings of your device.
2. Scroll down and find Apps.
3. Now open Manage apps.
4. Search or Scroll down to the YouTube application.
5. Open it and click on Clear Cache at the bottom of the screen.
And that’s it. You have successfully cleared the junk data and cache of YouTube from your device.
3. Fix YouTube Shorts Thumbnail Not Showing by Choosing Correct Format
The other method to fix the YouTube Shorts thumbnail not showing; you simply need to choose the correct format. The right format is JPG, BMP, GIF, and PNG. The appropriate size for the YouTube thumbnails is said to be 1280 x 720 pixels.
4. Fix YouTube Shorts Thumbnail Not Showing by Checking DNS Server Settings
Make sure that you are using Google’s DNS server. It is better and will provide a stable network and functioning to the applications and devices. To check your DNS settings, follow the steps below:
1. Run a DNS Check Test on your device.
2. Select the Standard Test option.
3. Go to the ISP section.
4. Check whether it displays Google in all columns; if not, then reset it and make sure to select Google DNS server this time.
That’s it. This is how you can check DNS server settings.
5. Fix YouTube Shorts Thumbnail Not Showing by Checking the Internet Connection
Make sure that you are connected to a strong and stable network. If you are connected to a fluctuating or weak internet connection, then switch your network to a stable WiFi network. This will fix the issue of the YouTube Shorts thumbnail not showing.
6. YouTube Shorts Thumbnail Not Showing by Force Stopping YouTube App
Sometimes, Force-stopping an app also can help in resolving such issues as YouTube Shorts thumbnail not showing. If you do not know how to do so, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open the Settings of your device
2. On the next page, select the Manage Apps option.
3. Search or navigate to the YouTube App.
4. Tap on it, and you will land on the App Info page.
5. Tap on Force Stop at the bottom of the screen.
And that’s it. You have successfully force-stopped the YouTube app.
7. Fix YouTube Shorts Thumbnail Not Showing by Restarting Your Device
If everything is fine with your Internet connection, there could be a temporary glitch in the device. You can fix this issue of the YouTube Shorts thumbnail not showing by restarting your device. This will close all the other background apps and restart the YouTube app again.
8. Fix YouTube Shorts Thumbnail Not Showing by Uninstalling and Reinstalling the YouTube App
If, after all the above-mentioned fixes, the problem persists, try to uninstall and reinstall the YouTube app. If there are some internal bugs or underlying issues, this will resolve them quickly.
9. Fix YouTube Shorts Thumbnail Not Showing by Waiting Patiently
Sometimes, the only solution you have is to wait patiently so the issue is fixed by itself. There are certain technical problems that the tech team handles. There is nothing that you or I can do about it.
10. Fix YouTube Shorts Thumbnail Not Showing by Contacting YouTube Support
If none of the above solutions work, you have the option to take the assistance of the YouTube support team. They usually have all the answers to users’ queries, and they will guide you through. You can patiently ask them your query and then wait for their revert back. They will definitely respond to you.
In this blog, I have mentioned all the important details and information about how to fix the YouTube Shorts thumbnail not showing. I hope this information will serve you well and in your best interest. If you have any doubts or suggestions, feel free to comment below. We will reach out to you soon. To read more about such informative and interesting blogs, keep visiting our website, Path of EX. Have a great day ahead!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can Shorts have thumbnails on YouTube?
Yes, YouTube Shorts do have thumbnails. Thumbnails are the prime reason that viewers would click or tap on the YouTube Short to view it.
2. Why are my Shorts not getting views?
The reason for your YouTube Shorts not getting views is that maybe your viewers and audiences are not connecting and relating to your content. The greatest factor of the views is the engagement of the audience with the content and the content creator.
3. Do YouTube Shorts make money?
Yes, if you have more than 1000 subscribers and 10 million views on YouTube Shorts in the last 90 days/ 3 months, you can definitely monetize your YT Shorts through the advertisements revenue share.
4. Can I reupload Shorts on YouTube?
Yes, YouTube allows its users to delete a video and Shorts and reload them.