The Apple Watch Series 9 has a new feature called double tap. This new gesture allows you to interact with your Apple Watch without touching the screen after applying this wearable gadget on your wrist. Now, you must be curious to learn how to use double tap feature in Apple Watch. If you want to get the details, scroll down and find steps to resolve your query.
To use the double-tap gesture on your Apple Watch Series 9, you only need to tap your thumb and index finger together twice on the side of your watch. This new feature is a powerful way to control your Apple Watch on top of your fingers without touching the screen. You can play music, Ping it, use the Apple icon, and do more. It is a perfect solution if you have difficulty touching your Apple Watch screen or wearing gloves.
In the post below, I will help you learn how to use double tap feature in Apple Watch. Also, I will help you understand different settings and the use of this new Assistive Touch feature in an Apple Watch.
In This Article
What is the Use of Assistive Touch in an Apple Watch?
Apple Watch offers its users many features, from sensitive touch to responding to calls to launching a menu of actions. If a user has difficulty touching the screen with the help of the touch sensor in the Apple Watch, they can directly take up calls, control on-screen pointers, and launch various actions. There are a variety of actions that can be performed with the help of these gestures, some of which are-
- Display tapping
- Screen swipe
- Holding the side button
- Displaying apps
- Using the Apple pay
- Activate Siri
- Run a shortcut for Siri.
How to Use Double Tap Feature in Apple Watch?
With the introduction of hand gestures and assistive touch, Apple has brought the feature of navigation with the following gestures:
- The pinch gesture is for Forwarding.
- Double pinch is for the Back.
- Clench is for Tap.
- Double clench is for the action menu.
With the help of the assistive touch, one can get access to the weather app with the help of the following steps:
- Double clench is around the Calendar complication.
- Pinch to move to Temperature complication.
- Clench to tap it.
- When the app opens, clench once to move from temperature to know the weather condition.
- Pinch once to know the Air Quality
- Pinch again to see the UV index.
- With the pinch option, one can move back to know the Air Quality.
- Double clench for the action menu.
- With the Press Crown action, clench once to return to the watch face.
How to Set Up an Assistive Touch in an Apple Watch?
The assistive touch feature in the Apple Watch is very helpful and has gathered people’s attention. After learning the steps on how to use the double tap feature in the Apple Watch, here are some of the steps to help you set up your assistive touch in the Apple Watch.
- Go to your settings app on your watch.
- Reach out for Accessibility.
- Go to the assistive touch option.
- Turn on the toggle bar near the assistive touch button.
- Tap on hand gestures.
- Turn on the hand gestures.
In case the users are unaware of how to use the hand gestures, look out for the points below;
- Go to the hand gestures option.
- Tap on Learn more.
- Tap on each of the gestures given.
- After typing, you will see an animation of the gesture.
- Through the gestures, you will know the gestures correctly.
How Can You Adjust Assistive Touch Settings?
There is always an option for adjustment in your Apple Watch if you want to change hand gestures or adjust your motion pointer. Here are some of the steps in which you can adjust your assistive touch settings.
- Go to your settings app.
- Open your settings.
- Go to the accessibility option.
- Look for the assistive touch option.
- Customize accordingly.
Some available customizations are –
- For changing hand gestures, tap on gesture, choose one, and add a Siri shortcut.
- For motion pointers, access the adjustment for sensitivity tolerance and activation time.
- Choose between automatic or manual scanning to improvise the gestures.
- A lot of customization options are provided where one can add on their favorite actions.
- Payments with the help of assistive touch can also be made with the help of the passcode.
What Are the Benefits of Quick Actions in the Apple Watch?
Quick actions in your Apple Watch help you to respond when showing an alert. For instance, if you have an incoming call, the quick action shows you can double pinch to answer your call. To activate quick actions in your Apple Watch, here are some of the steps:
- Go to your settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Open the accessibility menu.
- Go to quick actions.
- Choose an option.
- You can choose the availability of quick actions at all times.
- Choose between a full appearance or a minimal appearance according to your wish.
- If unknown with the quick actions, you can practice it through the try it out option.
How to Use Double Tap Feature in Apple Watch? Additional Tips
The double tap gesture is a powerful new feature that can make your Apple Watch more versatile. After getting the steps on how to use double tap feature in Apple watch, you can experiment with it and find ways to make your digital life easier. But, remember some points while using this innovative feature I am sharing with you below.
- Ensure to use your thumb and index finger together firmly and quickly.
- If you find any issues while using this gesture feature to work, try adjusting the sensitivity setting in the Double Tap menu.
- If your Apple Watch sleeps, you can also wake it up using the double-tap gesture feature.
The double-tap gesture feature is an excellent way to control your Apple Watch hands-free. It’s easy to use and customizable to perform different activities. You can check the above post to learn more about how to use double tap feature in Apple Watch. I encourage you to try out this new double-tap gesture feature and analyze how it makes your digital life easier.
Are you ready to follow the steps on how to use double tap feature in Apple Watch? Please share your views and opinions in the comments section.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to Use Double Tap Feature in Apple Watch?
Tap the thumb and index finger twice to make it work instantly.
2. How to tap with an Apple Watch?
Double-clicking the side button and holding your watch’s display near the contactless reader.
3. What features can be accessed with the help of the double tap feature?
One can take a photo with their camera, play and pause music, pick up a call, snooze an alarm, and many more.
4. Where can we find the new gesture on the Apple Watch?
The upcoming gesture will be seen in the Apple Watch Series 9 and Apple Watch Ultra 2.
5. How to double-click the Apple Watch for the wallet?
Double-click the side button and hold the display of the Apple Watch until you feel a gentle tap and hear a beep.