While starting to pair an Apple Watch with an iPhone, one can notice an “i” icon. Do you want to know what is the i icon on Apple Watch? You use the i icon on your Apple Watch to pair and unpair your Apple Watch with your iPhone manually.
The Apple Watch has taken a great leap with the launch of the Apple Watch Series 8. There are a lot of pathbreaking features that Apple brought with this Apple Watch. I am talking about features like Car Crash Detection which has recently saved two lives in California. All in all, the Apple Watch is not like any Smart Watch, it is actually a thoughtful device.
So what is the i icon on Apple Watch used for? See, you can connect the Apple Watch to the iPhone automatically too. In fact, that is the first thing you should do. However, when the two devices don’t connect to each other, the i icon comes to use.
In This Article
What is the i Icon on Apple Watch Used for?
Basically, the “i” on any Apple device stands for “information”. Upon clicking the icon one can get the information to manually pair the Apple Watch. During the pairing process, you will see the i icon at the bottom-left corner of your watch.
Normally, you would tap the Start Pairing button to go through the process of automatic pairing but if it doesn’t work, tap the i icon.
How to Unpair Your Apple Watch Using the i Icon?
Now that you know what is the i icon on Apple Watch, let’s move forward to learn what you can use this icon for. Let me show you how to unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone using the i icon.
1. Press the digital crown on your Apple Watch and open the Settings app.
2. Select General.
3. Select Reset.
4. Hit Erase All Content and Settings.
5. You have to confirm by tapping Erase All.
6. Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
7. Select My Watch.
8. Go to All Watches.
9. Tap on the i icon next to the watch you wish to cut off.
10. Hit Unpair Apple Watch.
11. To confirm, you have to hit the Unpair [name of the watch] Apple Watch button.
You have successfully unpaired your Apple Watch from your iPhone.
How to Re-Pair Your Apple Watch Using The i Icon?
This is the second thing you can do by using the i icon on Apple Watch. After learning what is the i icon on Apple Watch, to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone, do these:
1. Tap the i icon on your Apple Watch that you want to pair.
2. You need to tap on Start Pairing.
3. You will see a galaxy-like QR code on the Watch screen. Tap on the i icon from the bottom-right corner.
4. You will see a device number that you have to use to select your Apple Watch on the Watch app on your iPhone for manual pairing.
5. Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap Start Pairing.
6. Select Set Up for Myself.
7. Now select Pair Apple Watch Manually.
8. Choose the Apple Watch device number that you want to pair.
9. On the next screen, type in the code displayed on your Apple Watch.
10. You can either Restore from Backup or Set Up as New Apple Watch.
You have successfully learned what is the i icon on Apple Watch used for.
So, now you know what is the i icon on Apple Watch and what it is used for. Sometimes the Apple Watch doesn’t connect to your iPhone automatically. And knowing how to connect an Apple Watch to an iPhone manually is very important. I hope this article was helpful. I will see you next time. Adios!