Do you want to watch movies with your friends after being stuck in lockdown? It is very possible and after reading this article you will be able to Stream Netflix on Discord using easy steps.
Streaming videos from 2007, this 1.2 Billion dollar company, has everything for you. We mean it. Netflix has personalized recommendations for each one of its viewers based on previously watched genres, actors, and preferences of other viewers with the same taste. Along with Netflix, Discord is another app that got its hype rolling because of its free voice chat and text chat application designed to aim at gamers as its primary audience. With this app, you can stream almost any video application that doesn’t have strict privacy rules.
You will know about the whole plan of action in a few seconds. To introduce you to the process, you’ll be logging into any of your accounts ( Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu) from your web browser. Then tapping on some options from the Discord Settings. You will also know about how to fix the Black screen while screen-sharing on Discord.
The wait is over! Here are all the steps requires for you to seamlessly watch your favorite Netflix shows online. Now you can watch the series, with your friends, in your homes having different longitudes and latitudes. How cool! All you need is a laptop, a Netflix subscription, a good internet connection and you are ready to roll.
How to Stream Netflix On Discord?
This is the procedure you need to follow for using Netflix on Discord step by step-
- On your system, open any web browser (preferably Google Chrome) and visit the Netflix website.
- After logging in on your Netflix account from Google Chrome, open Discord and ensure you got it connected to a server.
- Click at “Settings” from the bottom left of the page and tap on “Game Activity”.
- Click on “Add it” and you can choose any tab in Google Chrome with a live streaming facility.
Here for now you have to select Netflix and click on “Add Game”.
- After leaving “Settings”, click on the screen-shaped icon showing in the bottom-left section of the screen.
- A “Screen Share” pop-up will be shown, in this pop-up select Google Chrome(or any other browser that you are currently using for streaming).
- Alter the streaming settings according to your needs and click “Go Live”.
After following these steps you’ll be able to Stream Netflix On Discord easily.
Problems While Streaming Netflix on Discord!
1. How to Stream Netflix on Discord with Audio?
One of the biggest issues that everybody faces while streaming Netflix on Discord is the Audio! Even the audio problem is one of the biggest issues among gamers. If you are also facing some audio issues while streaming, the first thing that you need to do is lookout for the reason. There are many reasons why you can easily stream from another platform, but cannot hear any sound.
One of the mains reasons is that, sometimes, Discord needs to have administrative access. If you want to watch a movie with your friends or even play a game with your group, you need to make sure that your drivers are functioning properly.
Also, sometimes, there is a possibility that the “Screen Share” feature lacks stability. This can be one of the main reasons why you might not be able to hear anything. In this case, you have to make sure that you have enabled all the audio devices and provided Discord all the required permissions.
2. Black Screen While Screen Sharing on Discord!
This issue has been faced by many people who are trying this kind of streaming for the first time. After looking from various sources the following steps have seemed to help a lot of people. Hopefully, these will help you fix the Black Screen while screen-sharing on Discord.
- On Discord, click on “Settings”, go to the “ Voice and Video” tab.
- Click on “Video Codec” and disable “OpenH264 Video Codec”, you can also disable both of the options.
- In the “Voice and Video” tab, a little down there is a setting for “Use our latest technology to capture your screen”, which is enabled by default, if it doesn’t work, you should disable it.
If the above-written solution still is not working for you, there’s one more thing that might work for you.
- Go to Google Chrome, click on “Settings”.
- Scroll down till you reach the bottom to find the “Advanced” drop-down menu, and click on it.
- Now you’ll find a feature “Use Hardware Acceleration When Available”, disable this feature.
And that’s it. That should get you going for your movie night.
Can you stream Netflix on Discord on Android?
Until now there is no feature in the Discord phone application to stream Netflix on Android. Discord on Android phones can only be used for making voice calls and video calls, as it doesn’t allow screen-sharing on android.
Can you stream Netflix on Discord on iPhone?
There is no feature for streaming Netflix from Discord on iPhone. You cannot screen-share from your iPhone yet like android you can only make voice and video calls. However, you can join streams from the Discord phone applications by clicking on “Join Stream”.
Check out Learn How To Use Kast Application On Netflix?
Hack to Use Discord on Android or iPhone
Although you cannot directly live stream Netflix on the Discord Application from your mobile devices. But, we have found a way that will help you in live streaming Netflix from your Android or iPhone devices. Just follow these simple steps-
- Firstly make sure you have the updated version of Discord and you are in a voice call with your friend on the Discord app.
- Join Discord Testers Server by clicking on the link given below.
A “DBug” bot room will appear.
- Now in the “DBug” bot room DM !quiz command, a message will be sent back almost immediately having your One-Time-Code and a link. Copy your One-Time Code.
- Open the site by clicking on the link provided by the bot. Paste your code in the textbox and click on “Next”.
- A quiz will be shown with five questions. You need to score 5/5 to pass this quiz, in case you fail you can begin the quiz again in 10 minutes.
- Get all of your answers correct, then wait for a few minutes for the bot to send you a message.
- After receiving a message from the bot, DM the bot !role list command.
- Now a list of commands will appear. If you are an android user write or DM !role add android alpha or if you are an iOS user use the following command. !role add ios test flight.
- After joining the respective role give it a few minutes for the feature to come to your account. You’ll see that in your room a new screen-share icon has appeared.
Also, Read Best Video Streaming Apps 2021
What we basically did is that we became a Discord Tester, passed the test(quiz), and got the feature that we wanted i.e screen-sharing on our own phones. How amazing is that! Plus it is super easy to perform these steps.
How to Stream Netflix on Discord on Mac and Windows?
Isn’t it just amazing when we sit around friends and watch our favorite movie? However, due to the outbreak of the pandemic, this is no more possible. But we have all the solutions just for you! You can easily stream Netflix on Discord on Mac and Windows. All you need to do is follow some very simple steps:
- The first thing that you would need to do is open a web browser and open Netflix on your MacBook and Windows.
- Alongside Netflix, make sure that you also open Discord. Also, make sure that it is connected to a server.
- In Discord, open “Settings”. Pick one “Game Activity”
- After that, click on “Add it” and simultaneously select the tab from the browser with an active streaming service.
- Once you have selected the Tab, click on ” Add Game”
- After leaving the settings, click on the screen icon.
- Once the “Screen Share” pop-up appears, select the browser tab that you wish to stream.
- Do all the required adjustments.
- Click on “Go Live” and you are all ready to stream and watch your favorite movie with your friends and family.
Next time you feel like going out to the movies with friends but don’t want to risk it in this Covid situation, you can try any one of the solutions given by us and have the same feel right by sitting at your home. Do let us know how these solutions worked for you. Drop your suggestions in the comment box below. Stay Home, Watch Netflix, and Chill.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it legal to stream Netflix?
No, it is not legal to stream Netflix on Discord. But Netflix hasn’t put any restriction on streaming from Discord. Yet. So you can do it easily.
How do I stream movies on Discord?
Join a voice room, click on “Go Live” and select the browser for streaming.
Can’t stream Google Chrome on Discord!
Open Discord, click on Settings
Go to the “ Voice and Video”tab and turn off the “Use Our Latest Technology Option”.
You will be able to stream Google Chrome on Discord now.
Feature Image Credits: YouTube