Oh No! Did you logged in or signed in to your g-mail account from someone else’s Android/iOS or PC and now cannot figure out how to sign out of it? Then this post has got your answer. This post is all about the step-by-step guide on How To Sign Out of One Google Account.
Why signing out of your g-mail account is important, you ask me? Well, your google account is your potential will, and all your important emails, backups, passwords, and data are stored in a g-mail account. So, if you have forgotten to sign out of your g-mail account on an untrustworthy device- all your data is at a HUGE risk! It’s like giving someone else access to your entire life- yes! It is that important!
No matter you want to know how to sign out of one Google Account from a PC, Android, or iOS device, it is quite easy. The main step to follow is to install the Gmail Application on your device and then manage your Google account respectively. Every single step is accurate to perform with fine options.
In case you don’t have any idea how to manage these. Then, Let’s see what are the different ways that you can use to sign out of your Google account.
Also, Is there just one way? Let’s find out!
Ways To Sign Out of One Google Account on Different Devices
There are many ways to sign out of your single Google account immediately. Whether you want to do it on your Android phone or on your Mac. Follow these amazing steps and make your search worth remembering.
How To Sign Out of One Google Account from a PC?
Is your G-mail account logged into the personal computer of your friend and you cannot figure out how to sign out of it? It is super easy!
You can sign out of the g-mail account from a PC with the following steps:
- Open the g-mail interface on the screen.
- See, on the top right corner, you will see your g-mail profile photo.
- Click on the profile image.
- The “sign out” button will appear once you click on your profile photo.
- Click on the sign-out.
And you’re done!
You can further remove that account from the device after it gets signed out.
What do you think, Which is better? Figure it out by reading Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox: Which Web Browser Is Better in 2021?
How To Sign Out of One Google Account from an Android?
Signing out of your Google account from an android device includes two to three extra steps than the PC, but it’s absolutely easy too! You can sign out of your g-mail account using the following steps very easily.
All you need to do is:
- Open G-mail
- Tap on your profile photo from the top right
- Click on “manage accounts on this device”
- This will redirect you to the settings on your phone, now click on “google”
- A list of all the accounts that are signed in to the device will show up select the account that you wish to sign out of.
- On the bottom of the screen, you will see a “more” button- click on the button.
- Click on remove account.
This will sign out as well as remove your account from the android device.
Do you use Google docs? Here is an important guide on How to delete a page in google docs
But what if you have signed in to another device but forgot to sign out of it and came back home?
Not an issue anymore!
Here is how you can sign out of that remote device from your trusted device. To Sign out of one Google account from other devices using a computer, you need to
- Open G-mail.
- On the extreme bottom right of the screen, you’ll see an option “Details”.This provides you with information about your activity on that particular g-mail account.
- You will see an option called “Security Check-Up”. Click on it.
- It will redirect you to the “Security Check-up” page by google where you will see a list.
- The list will have a heading by the name “Your Devices” this will show you what other devices your account is signed in to.
- Tap on it, locate the device you want to sign yourself out from.
- On the right of the device, you want to sign yourself out from, you’ll see three dots.
- Click on it and sign out!
If you see the devices, you do not recognize or do not remember signing in to, you should secure your account as soon as possible.
You can do that by following the above 8 steps but instead of clicking on “sign out” from there, click on “don’t recognize this device?”
Then to protect your account, you’ll first be signed out of that device and then the security procedure will follow.
Switch Accounts Instead of Signing- Out?
Yes, this is possible too.
If you do not wish to sign out of your account but just switch it with another account, you can do that too- it’s like swapping between two different things.
- You can swap/switch between two different accounts by the following steps:
- On the top right corner, click on your profile photo.
- If the account you wish to switch to is already signed in, it will appear there.
- if it is already signed in, simply click on the account and it will be switched. If it is not signed in, then you’ll have to sign in to the account, then you can switch between them.
While signing out of your g-mail account is very easy, it doesn’t mean that you can roam around leaving your g-mail account signed in to random devices!
However, if it is an extreme necessity that you have to sign in to your g-mail account, sign in to it using the incognito mode so that the history and password do not get saved into the device. You can also turn on two-factor authentication to provide an extra layer of security to your g-mail account.
So, if you find this article very helpful, then do comment and share your reviews about these ways on How To Sign Out of One Google Account: Steps by Step Process. Your feedbacks are important!
Feature Image Credits:- MiniTool
Can you merge two Google accounts?
Obviously, it is quite impossible to merge 2 Google accounts together. Also, if you want like to transfer your data from one account to another, then it is possible too.
How do you sign out of a Google Account without signing out of all accounts?
To do this, First, go to your Gmail and click on your profile to the upper right side of your screen.
There you will see an option name- SIGN OUT. Just press that button and boom….you are done.
How can I remove my Google account from other devices?
In order to remove the Google account from other devices:
1. Open your Google page with an official account.
2. Select the SIGN IN option.
3. Select the verification option.
4. At last, choose to revoke all options.
How To Manage Multiple Accounts Like A Pro?
Well, there so is no such direct method to manage multiple accounts into a single device, yet you can keep on switching using the manage devices option in the settings.