Threads app has taken the world by storm. Threads is a text-based social media platform launched by Instagram. And the app offers all the features of other contemporary social media platforms. You can easily follow, post, block, and restrict users on the Threads app. If you are someone who wants to know about restrict feature on the Threads app, then you are at the right place. In this article, I will tell you about, how to restrict Threads account.
In case you are tired of dealing with trolls, spammers, or haters on your Threads posts, then you can easily block or restrict the user. Restricting a user is also called soft blocking. You can easily stop other users from reaching out to you.
By restricting a user on Threads, they won’t be able to mention you in Threads. So, without further ado, let’s dig in to learn about the Restricting feature on Threads and how to restrict Threads account.
In This Article
What is Restrict Feature on Threads?
Threads app allows a user to filter out unwanted comments, replies, or messages from specific accounts with its Restrict feature. The feature works in the same manner as it does on Instagram.
One of the main reasons why a user would like to restrict other users on Threads is to reduce spam, spoilers, harassment, arguments, or negativity in your online discussions.
While blocking a user on Threads is straightaway getting rid of the user, restricting a user means while a user can see your profile, they won’t be able to comment, reply or text you on the platform.
How To Restrict Threads Account?
Once you restrict a user on Threads, they won’t be able to see when you’re online or when you’ve read their messages. In order to restrict a Threads account, you need to follow the given steps.
- Launch the Threads app on your device.
- Head to your profile and then tap on the followers.
- Now you have to choose the account you want to restrict.
- Head to the user’s profile page and on their profile; you’ll see three dots in the top right corner; click on it.
- You will find a list of options, and among them, you will see the restrict option at the bottom; tap on it, and voila, you are done!
How To Unrestrict An Account On Threads?
Now that you have understood the steps to restrict an account on Threads, you can easily unrestrict the accounts you restricted before. In order to unrestrict a Threads account, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Launch the Threads app on your device.
- Head to the account that you restricted.
- On their profile page, tap on the three dots in the top right corner.
- You’ll see the unrestrict option; tap on it and voila, you are done!
Benefits Of Restricting An Account On Threads
Restricting an account on Threads gives a user control over who sees their content and who can mention you or reply to you within Threads. In case you find any Threads post that is inappropriate or violates Instagram’s Community Guidelines you can easily report such posts and Meta will enforce them on content and interactions in the app.
In the below-mentioned list, I have listed the basic benefits of Restricting an account on Threads.
- Restricting an account on Threads is a way to protect yourself from unwanted interactions and harassment without blocking or unfollowing the account.
- A user can easily avoid conflict with the account by simply restricting them.
- Unlike blocking, you can still view the posts and comments from the restricted account, and the Threads app allows you to unrestrict them at any time.
- By restricting any account, you can easily maintain your privacy and have control over your Threads experience.
Instagram is a go-to platform for the young generation. Every other day there is a new update from the platform to keep up with the needs of the young generation. Recently Instagram launched a Twitter-like app called Threads on the platform. To know about, how to restrict Threads account, read the entire article, and do share it with your friends.
For more trending stuff on technology, Social Media, and Gaming, keep visiting Path of EX. For any queries, comment below, and we will get back to you ASAP!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you block people on threads?
Yes, you can block users on Threads. But blocking an account applies to both Instagram and Threads; if you block a user in one app, they’ll be blocked in both.
2. Can you delete threads account?
You may deactivate your Threads profile at any time, but your Threads profile can only be deleted by deleting your Instagram account.
3. How to delete threads account without deleting Instagram account?
Go to your profile tab, click the two lines icon for settings, select “Account,” choose “Deactivate profile,” and click the “Deactivate Threads profile” button.