The TikTok platform has some of the most engaging features which are hard to resist for any of its users. The algorithm of the platform functions in a way that it will get you videos and content which you like and related content that you may like. But here in TikTok, you also have the option to change the FYP page. For that, you need to learn how to reset TikTok For You Page.
TikTok has the option and detailed process for any customization you require in their platform. The only thing is the user should have knowledge about making the processes happen on TikTok. But do not worry; I have already got you covered and have the necessary details and information about this process.
Below, the article designed by me will help you understand the process. It will help you get your job done. So, read the details below. And do get back to us with your valuable feedback and comments.
How to Reset TikTok For You Page?
Your TikTok ‘For You’ Page shows you content based on your liking. It is a highly sophisticated system that works according to your likes and dislikes. You can easily change what you want to see on TikTok For You Page by hacking the TikTok algorithm.
There are two ways to indicate to TikTok that you don’t want to watch the content being recommended to you. Let us have a look at them.
How to Reset TikTok For You Page Through Settings?
When you want to reset your FYP experience, first clear your TikTok cache. However, it will not completely solve your problem of seeing content that you do not want to, but it will help you make a fresh start. Hence, to do the same, please refer to the details below.
- Launch the TikTok app on your device.
- Click on the Profile option.
- Go to the top right corner of your Profile page and click on the Menu icon.
- Click on the Settings and privacy option.
- Go to the Free up space option and click on it.
- Click on the Clear button beside the Cache option.
- Now, your cache will be reset.
After clearing the cache, you now open your ‘For You’ Page. Here you have to mark the type of videos that you are not interested in. Mark them as “not interested.” You have to long-press on the related videos you come across on your FYP and click on “Not interested.” Repeat the process for the videos you do not want to watch. When you show your dislike for certain types of content, your FYP algorithm will work accordingly. You get the results in a short time.
How to Reset TikTok For You Page Through Search Icon?
The search magnifying icon on TikTok can help you to get the customized For You Page. If you want to know how to reset TikTok For You Page through the search icon, go through the following steps.
- Go to the Search icon. Click on the search bar and clear the search history.
- Start scrolling through the various hashtags, and trending songs, search the user’s account that you like, comment on your favorite videos, and continue liking the video content of your interest.
- TikTok will get to know your likes and interests and will recommend the videos on For You Page according to your taste.
- Finally, For You Page will change completely. However, It may take time till your For You Page gets fully customized based on your interests.
How to Reset TikTok Feed?
When the For You page has certain things that are not much of interest, you can change or remove them. You can try a few things that help to customize your feed with your interests better.
1. Empty The Cache: When you want to make the TikTok Cache then, you have to go to the profile and click on the hamburger option, then click on ‘Settings and privacy.’ After that, come down and click on ‘Clear cache.’
2. Go through your likes and favorites: It is always thoughtful when you go through your likes and favorite videos and remove things in which you are no longer interested.
3. Unfollow accounts: You can also unfollow the users who are not posting relevant content in which you are interested.
4. Use the ‘Not interested’ button: When you are watching a video on your FYP, then you can long press and hold on to a video and click on the option of ‘Not interested. This indicates that you no longer want to see similar types of content.
5. Interact more with the type of content you want to see: When you see a video you like on your feed, always like and even comment on it. This will help you to see similar pop-ups on your FYP in the future.
Hence, when you change your options on the For You Page can take time and patience. It will help you to see content in which you are actually interested.
How Does the TikTok For You Page (FYP) Work?
It is easy and, at the same time, crucial to understand how the For You Page works. The content in the FYP is quite complex, with some videos that, as per the prediction of TikTok, you may like. It also includes a list of new niches that TikTok wants to introduce.
When you frequently interact with a particular type of content through TikToks, the FYP algorithm will get you the same kind of videos. The type of content you like on TikTok, the FYP also shows content based on the people you follow, your current location, and your language. The group of recommendations is based on habits and personal data.
TikTok brings in new and fresh niches and content that may not be a result of your activity. This type of content is majorly used for bringing up things and avoid keeping people glued to similar kind of content.
How To Reset TikTok For You Page?
I hope the article helped you to know in detail how to reset FYP TikTok. All the related content to the topic is discussed above, and I am sure you would like it a lot. As you get the content in detail, it will help you understand and utilize the process in the best possible way. So, read more about TikTok and other social media platforms on our website, Path of EX.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Reset TikTok For You Page?
When you wish to reset the TikTok Foe You Page then you have to follow some of the details mentioned below:
1. Launch the TikTok app on your device.
2. Click on the Profile option.
3. Go to the top right corner of your Profile page and click on the menu icon.
4. Click on the Settings and privacy option.
5. Go to the Free up space option and click on it.
6. Click on the Clear button beside the Cache option.
7. Now, your cache will be reset.
What are things we should note while resetting TikTok feed?
To reset the TikTok feed of your account you have to remember some of the points mentioned below:
1. Empty the Cache.
2. Go through your likes and favourites.
3. Unfollow accounts.
4. Use the Not Interested button.
5. Interact with the type of content you wish to see more.
How does the TikTok For You Page work?
The FYP works in a fashion as when you frequently interact with a particular type of content through TikToks, the FYP algorithm will get you the same kind of videos. The type of content you like on TikTok, the FYP also shows content based on the people you follow, your current location, and your language.