TikTok started with short videos and not only impressed the masses but it also made other video-sharing platforms and social media sites copy the short video feature. Yes, you can now add longer than 15 seconds videos to your TikTok profile. I have covered all steps that will let you post longer videos in this easy-to-follow guide on how to make TikTok videos longer.
Videos on the TikTok app were just 15 seconds long when it originally launched. TikTok increased the video duration to 60 seconds in 2017. As a result, users started spending more time on the app. TikTok had more than 300 million users as of 2018. Since then, TikTok has been experimenting with lengthier uploads, and in July 2021, the longest video length was increased to three minutes. It advocated for even longer format content despite its huge success in the short video-sharing business, and in February 2022, TikTok introduced a ten-minute limit for video posts.
You read it accurately, TikTok now allows you to upload a video for as long as 10 minutes. Confused? Don’t worry. Be with me; I will show the process in this step-by-step guide on how to make TikTok videos longer.
In This Article
How to Make TikTok Videos Longer than 15 Seconds?
Longer videos provide you with a wider creative canvas and the freedom of a little more room. You may try out new and extended content ideas, develop lessons that go deeper, provide more in-depth explainers, share longer tales, and more with the extra time. You might wish to offer a craft requiring more time to explain.
The extra time is available to you whenever you need it, regardless of your video concept. Follow these steps to learn how to make TikTok videos longer.
Step 1: First thing first, launch the app on your smartphone, or browse the TikTok site on your computer.
Step 2: Tap on the + (Plus) icon from the bottom center of your smartphone. You will find the Upload button along with the + icon in the top right corner of the computer.
Step 3: On your smartphone, just above the shutter icon (big circular record button) select between the lengths — 15s, 60s, 3m and 10m. On the computer site, just select a video which has a length anywhere between 15 seconds to 10 minutes.
Step 4: Fill in all fields, adjust as per your choice and preference and once done with beautifying captions and filters, hit the Post button in the bottom right corner.
TikTok Tip: If you want to experiment with longer videos but don’t have any idea what to post, you can start by combining different TikTok videos. You can then sync the TikTok video to a trending song to make it go viral.
Applause! You have learnt how to make TikTok videos longer. However, there are some requirements.
TikTok Video Requirements
You cannot upload any video that is 15 seconds to 10 minutes long. There are some guidelines you need to follow for successful uploading. Here is the list of requirements:
1. Your video has to be in either MP4 or WebM formats. If you have any other format like AVI, MOV, 3GP et cetera, convert them to the required formats.
2. You cannot upload a video that is more than 2 GB. Make sure your video is less than 2 GB. You can also use video compressors for heavier files.
3. Though you can upload videos with below 720 X 1280 resolution on smartphones, you can only upload videos with a resolution of 720 x 1280 or higher.
4. You can upload any video, but if TikTok found your videos against its community guidelines they will be removed. It may even cost you the termination of your TikTok account. Hence, it is not only the format, resolution and size of the video that needs to be checked. Content is important as well. Rather, I will say, content is everything. You can compress or convert the properties of a video but you cannot change the content unless you re-record.
5. Though it has been opened to the maximum number of users, there is a significant number of TikTokers that do not have the option of uploading a video longer than 3 minutes. You don’t need to worry, the 10 minutes option will be there for you — if it is not yet — in a month or two at max.
An idea for a video sometimes needs a little more time, obviously more than 15 seconds at least. To give video content creators more room to communicate their tales and visions on TikTok, the developers have added the possibility to create lengthier video clips.
The guide on how to make TikTok videos longer is now complete. Use the given procedure to upload your videos to TikTok and start receiving views, likes, and discussions on the not-so-short videos. If this post has been especially useful to you, please let others know about it as well. Send your friends this post, and keep visiting Path of EX for more content like it.