iOS 17 has been unveiled by Apple, and it has paved the way to a number of features that, in a way, are first in itself. iOS 17 features have made the working of the iPhone more exciting. iOS 17 has added to the security features of the iPhone. To do away with the security concerns, you can now lock the apps you want to. How to lock apps on iPhone in iOS 17. This topic is covered in this article. Stay connected to know.
Some apps like WhatsApp provide you the option of additional security, and access is allowed only after Face ID or Touch ID is confirmed. But the flip side is that all apps don’t support these features. In this scenario, the newly introduced feature called Lock apps by Apple on its iOS 17 becomes more important. It allows you to protect as many apps as you want.
If you are looking for a step-by-step guide on how to lock apps on iPhone in iOS 17. Stick around, around, I will be covering this for you.
In This Article
How to Lock Apps on iPhone in iOS 17?
The feature called lock apps on iPhone in iOS 17 adds to the security and privacy of iPhone users. It allows you to lock the app that you want. Here is how to lock apps on iPhone in iOS 17.
1. Launch the Apple Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
2. Click the “Automation” tab given at the bottom of your iPhone screen.
3. Click the “+” button located in the top-right corner and choose “Create Personal Automation.”
Note: If you are yet to have any automation, Click “Create Personal Automation” to create one and proceed.
4. Tap on the “App” after scrolling down.
5. Ensure that the option called “Is Opened” is checked.
6. Tap on the option “Choose.”
7. Search for the “list of the apps” and mark the apps that you wish to lock. The apps you lock will be opened by a passcode, Face ID, or Touch ID henceforth. In order to proceed, Tap on the option “Done” at the top of the right corner.
8. Tap on the option “Next.”
9. Click the option “Add Action” button.
10. Type “Lock Screen” in the text field given on the screen of your iPhone. Click on “Next’ to proceed ahead.
11. There is a toggle next to “Ask Before Running.” turn it Off and tap “Don’t Ask” in the pop-up to confirm.
12. Tap “Done” to complete the process.
Once you have enabled this feature, the next time you open the app that you have locked, you will be allowed to proceed only after entering the requisite password, Face ID, or touch ID. This lock screen will get activated automatically once you are done with the process of locking apps on your iPhone.
How to Delete iPhone Lock Screen Action?
As and when, if you wish to do away with the lock app option and want to remove the app from the option of locked apps, you can either remove or modify the lock from a particular app by following the steps.
1. Launch the “Shortcuts app” on your iPhone.
2. Open the “Automation” tab.
3. “Swipe left on the automation” you want to delete.
4. Click the “Delete” button to remove it.
In case you want to make changes to the automation, click on it and adjust the “Settings” accordingly.
How to Lock Apps on iPhone in iOS 17?
The lock app feature on iPhone in iOS 17 allows you to add the app of your liking to the list of protected apps and do away with privacy concerns. The video explains how to lock apps on iPhone in iOS 17.
The lock apps feature on iPhone is a welcome step by Apple as it will give a major boost to the security and privacy of iPhone users. And you are entitled to protect the app you want. It will protect your privacy and security. In case you are wondering how to lock Apps on iPhone in iOS 17, this article has the details that might help you to enable this feature easily.
I hope this article might be of some help to you. In case something is missing, you can let us know by writing in the comments section. We also look forward to your valuable feedback. You can visit our website for content like this and much more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: How does Lock Apps on iPhone work?
Ans: The Lock Apps feature on iPhone allows you to create a lock screen action by using the Shortcuts app and secure particular apps with security features like Face ID, Touch ID, or a passcode. The plus point is there is no limit to the number of apps that can be secured by using the lock apps feature.
Q 2: Can I modify the Lock app feature?
Ans: Yes, you can delete or modify by launching the Shortcuts app > “Automation” tab > adjust.
Q 3: Can I use the Lock app on my iPhone?
Ans: Yes, you can use the Lock app feature on your iPhone, provided it is running on iOS 17 software.