WhatsApp is one of the amazing instant messaging platforms. If you are here to get rid of the problem of how to know if someone blocked you on WhatsApp, you are on the right page to see the answers come your way. After all, this is a common problem that many of you face across different social media platforms.
From chatting to making calls to sending and receiving money, everything is done on Whatsapp. You can think of deactivating other social media accounts, but WhatsApp is your handy account that everybody takes in their smart devices because of the availability of so many advanced features.
However, on WhatsApp, you might face a disruption in communication and there can be a whole bunch of reasons behind this. Let’s not waste your time anymore. Give a reading to this entire article.
How To Know If Someone Blocked You On WhatsApp?
Whatsapp is used by millions of users worldwide. Whether you are in your own country or overseas, WhatsApp is accessible to everyone. To get your answer on how to know if someone blocked you on WhatsApp, go through the following steps.
1. Send the message to the person
- Open the WhatsApp application.
- Navigate through the Chats page.
- Click on the chatbox of the person whom you think has blocked you.
- Now send a message to the person.
2. Check the tick mark
- Once you have sent a message, check if it shows a single tick or the double tick.
- If it shows the single tick that means that person has blocked you on Whatsapp.
- However, if a person turns the data connection off or uninstalls the Whatsapp application, you will see the single tick till the person turns on the data connection or re-installs the WhatsApp application.
Also, read Everything About WhatsApp Disappearing Messages Feature In 2021
3. Check the Last scene
To clear your confusion on how to know if someone blocked you on the WhatsApp application, you can check the last scene of that person.
- Open the WhatsApp application.
- Open the chatbox of the person you feel has blocked you.
- Check the last seen status. If the status is not visible that means the person has blocked you on WhatsApp.
- However, many of us keep the last scene hidden. It will not hamper your conversation. You can still send them a message and continue your conversation.
If you keep your last scene hidden, you cannot see the last scene of anyone. Unless and until they are not online. If they are online on WhatsApp, you can see the status as “Online”.
Also, read How To Make A Video Call On WhatsApp Web 2021
4. Check the profile picture
To get your answer on how to know if someone blocked you on Whatsapp, you can check their profile picture.
If the profile picture is not visible to you that means the person has blocked you on WhatsApp.
However, many of you do not prefer to keep the profile picture and you can continue your conversation. To clear your confusion, send a message and check if the double tick appears which means the person has not blocked you.
Also, read How to Permanently Hide Chats in WhatsApp
5. Check the About status
You can also check the About status. If the About is not visible, that means the person has blocked you on Whatsapp.
Many of you can hide the “About” status as well. If you can send the message, that means you are not blocked and you can chat with the person smoothly.
6. Check in the WhatsApp mutual group
If you are so desperate to get your answer on how to know if someone blocked you on Whatsapp, you can check in the WhatsApp mutual group.
If you have a mutual group and you can receive that person’s messages in the mutual group and are not able to communicate personally in the chatbox, that means you are blocked.
7. Create the WhatsApp group
If you want your answer on how to know if someone blocked you on Whatsapp, you can check it by creating a WhatsApp group.
If you create a WhatsApp group, and you are not able to add the person that means the person has blocked you. You will get a pop-up “Could not add contact”.
Also, read Best WhatsApp Alternative Apps for 2021
8. Calling on WhatsApp
To check how to know if someone blocked you on Whatsapp, you can check it by calling on the number on WhatsApp.
If you are not able to make a call, it means that the person has blocked you. To make it more clear, if you see calling appear on the screen and you hear the ring. It will not get connected and the person who blocked you will not receive your call.
Tip:- To call the contact number on WhatsApp, check these two steps to enhance your experience.
If only calling appears on the screen, that means either person has turned the data connection off, has deleted the account, or has blocked you.
If a ringing appears on the screen, it means you are unblocked, the internet connection is on and a person will get your call.
So what are you waiting for? Check the above steps one by one and clear your confusion on how to know if someone blocked you on Whatsapp. Share this article with your friends. Leave your thoughts in the comment section. Have a nice day!