Have you ever had your iPhone 12 freeze or become unresponsive? It can be frustrating when your device stops working properly, but fear not! There is a simple solution to fix this issue: a force restart. In this blog, we will explore what a force restart is and how to force restart iPhone 12 to solve your problems.
When your iPhone 12 is running slow or experiencing bugs, it may be because there are too many apps running in the background or there is a software glitch. You should know how to close apps on iPhone 12. A force restart is a quick and easy way to close all of the background apps and refresh the operating system, effectively “rebooting” the device. This can help resolve any issues and get your iPhone 12 running smoothly again.
So, if you’re experiencing problems with your iPhone 12 and are looking for a quick fix, a forced restart may be the answer. Keep reading to learn how to force restart iPhone 12.
How to Force Restart iPhone 12?
You must have done a restart on your iPhone many times, but force restart differs from it. Suppose, suddenly, you notice a black screen on your phone and do not have any option except restart. In that case, force restart can troubleshoot many issues. Read more about how to force restart iPhone 12. Follow the below-mentioned steps for how to hard reset iPhone 12.
- Press and release the Volume Up button quickly.
- Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Release the Side button and wait for the device to restart.
If your phone apps are glitching or you are not able to operate any action on your iPhone, you should turn it off. It happens if you turn off your iPhone, the errors will solve automatically. Follow the below-mentioned steps for how to turn off iPhone 12.
- Press and hold the side button and either volume button until the power off slider appears on the screen.
- Drag the slider to the right to turn off your iPhone.
Also, read How to Force Restart iPhone X & iPhone XR?
How to Reset iPhone 12?
If you have not reset your iPhone 12 yet, then you can follow the below-mentioned steps for how to reset iPhone 12.
- Go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone 12.
- Scroll down and tap on “General.”
- Scroll down and tap on “Reset.”
- Tap on “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- Enter your passcode if prompted.
- Confirm that you want to erase your iPhone by tapping on “Erase iPhone.”
- Wait for the process to complete. This may take a few minutes.
- Once the reset is complete, your iPhone will restart, and you will be prompted to set it up as a new device or restore it from a previous backup.
Note: If you reset your phone, you will lose all data, like photos, contacts, and apps, if you have not taken a backup. Be sure to back up your data before resetting your iPhone if you want to keep it.
Get the Basic Buttons of iPhone 12
If you have been using an iPhone for a long, you must have an idea about the basic buttons of the iPhone. But, if you are using an older version of the iPhone, then let me give you some basic buttons idea for iPhone 12. You will see the following buttons on the iPhone 12. This button guide will help you to know more about how to force restart iPhone 12 and how to factory reset iPhone 12.
- Power Button: Located on the right side of the device, this button is used to turn the device on and off and to put it into sleep mode.
- Volume Buttons: Located on the left side of the device, these buttons are used to adjust the volume of the device.
Note: You will not find any Home button on iPhone 12. You can operate all the functions on this device using this 3 buttons combination.
Also, read How to Block Text Messages on iPhone & iPad?
How to Enter Recovery Mode on iPhone 12?
If you are already updating or restoring your iPhone and find your Apple screen holds up for a few seconds, this is for you. Well, entering into recovery mode can help you when you do not see any further options after the Apple logo on the screen. You can use recovery mode at that time.
Recovery mode helps you to restore your device on iTunes. If you do not know how to force restart iPhone 12 and how you can enter recovery mode, then I have explained below.
- Connect the device to the computer with a lightning cable you have with your phone.
- The computer should have installed the latest iTunes version.
- Launch iTunes on your PC or Mac.
- Force restarts your phone when it is connected to the Mac or PC.
- Hold the restart button until you see the Apple logo.
- You will notice the recovery mode screen.
- Press and drop the Volume Up button.
- Press and drop the Volume Down button.
- Hold the side button for some time until you notice the iTunes and recovery mode on the screen.
- Choose your device in iTunes now.
- You will see the message on the screen that your device is in Recovery Mode now.
- You can choose from the option of updating and restoring your iPhone software.
How to Enter DFU Mode on iPhone 12?
If you notice your iPhone screen is completely frozen and no function can be done on it at that time, DFU mode can help you. If your iPhone does not respond to recovery mode or reset, then DFU mode can solve your problem.
Basically, if recovery mode does not solve your problem, you can enter DFU mode to solve errors. Hope you have got enough for how to force restart iPhone 12.
- First, connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC using a cable.
- You will see the device name list on your computer the moment you will launch iTunes on it.
- Now, drop the volume up button, press the volume down button for a few seconds, and leave it.
- Press and hold the power button until the screen goes black, then press and hold the volume down button while continuing to hold the power button.
- Release the power button but continue holding the volume down button until your computer recognizes the device.
- Now, wait for a few seconds until your system verifies that your device has entered DFU mode.
How to Force Restart iPhone 12?
In conclusion, there are several ways to force restart an iPhone 12, including using the traditional method of pressing and holding the power button and volume button. It is important to note that using recovery mode and DFU mode may erase all data from the device, so it is important to make sure to back up any important information before attempting these methods. I have mentioned a detailed guide on how to force restart iPhone 12 above. Follow Path of EX for more updates. Have a great day!!
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do if my iPhone 12 is frozen and won’t turn off?
If your iPhone 12 is frozen and won’t turn off, you can try force restarting it with the volume and side buttons combination.
How do I reset my iPhone 12 if it’s not responding?
If your iPhone 12 is not responding and you need to reset it, you can try force restarting it.
Is it possible to force restart my iPhone 12 if the screen is black or unresponsive?
Yes, it is possible to force restart an iPhone 12 even if the screen is black or unresponsive. Follow the steps listed above to force restart your device.