TikTok is known for its unique features and viral content. With over 1.2 billion monthly active users, TikTok has the potential to reach a wide range of audiences across the globe. On TikTok, you can build your personal brand and advertise your products or services. To learn how do I get approved for TikTok ads, go through this blog thoroughly.
Ad rejection on TikTok is a pretty common issue complained about by users. In order to build a business and advertise on TikTok, you need to adhere to the rules and regulations set by the platform. The ads that you put on TikTok should not be obscene or vulgar, or else they will not be accepted by TikTok.
So, without further ado, let’s dig in to learn about the reasons why TikTok ads don’t get approved and how do I get approved for TikTok ads.
In This Article
Reasons Why Your TikTok Ads Are Not Approved
There can be many reasons why TikTok is not approving your ads. But the most common reason is that your ads violate the terms and conditions of TikTok. TikTok has strict advertising policies that need to be followed in order to approve your ads. In the below-mentioned guide, I have listed the reasons why your TikTok ads are not approved.
1. Inappropriate Content or Imagery: In case your ad has inappropriate content that is not suitable for users or the imagery in your ads is inappropriate, TikTok will likely reject your ad.
2. Copyright Infringement: To build a safe environment on the platform, TikTok respects intellectual property. So, your ads on the platform should not contain copies of brands, hashtags, copyrighted media, models, and more.
3. Misleading Claims or Information: If your ad claims are misleading to other users on the platform, TikTok will outrightly reject your ad. Make sure to provide the information that is authentic and true.
4. Restricted or prohibited products/services: If you are promoting restricted products or services, your ad won’t be accepted by users. There are policies of the platform that not all types of products will be accepted, like tobacco, drugs, weapons, and adult content.
5. Low-quality Ads: If the quality of your ads is low, it will have an impact on the approval of TikTok ads. Make sure your TikTok ad has high quality with high-resolution images or videos, clear and readable text, and appropriate audio quality.
How Do I Get Approved For TikTok Ads?
Your ads on TikTok should be target-specific and follow the guidelines of the platform. Approval of ads on TikTok is one of the major ways you can build your brand on the platform. In order to get approved on TikTok, follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
1. Review and Modify Your Ad Content
Always ensure that the ad content that you are creating is in accordance with TikTok’s guidelines. Keep in view the policies and guidelines of the platform and look out for the content in case there are any potential policy violations or inaccuracies.
2. Refine Your Targeting
Make sure your ads are target-specific. You should learn and know about your audience based on their demographics, interests, behaviors, and location. Once you refine your targeting, the relevance of your ads increases significantly.
3. Check Your Ad Format and Specifications
The ads that you put on TikTok should align with TikTok’s format and specifications requirements. Make sure your TikTok ad picture or video is in accordance with the format.
4. Submit Appeals and Contact TikTok Support
If your TikTok ad is rejected, don’t lose heart! Try contacting the TikTok Support team and appeal to them to review your ads. In order to contact the TikTok support team and explain your issue. Follow the given steps to contact the TikTok support team.
- Launch TikTok on your device.
- Tap on the profile icon at the bottom right of the screen, and you will be directed toward your profile page.
- At the top right corner of your profile page, tap on the three horizontal lines and select settings and privacy.
- In the settings and privacy option, tap on Report a Problem.
- Select appropriate categories in the Report a Problem section and then select “Need more help?”
- Explain your issue regarding the TikTok ads being rejected, and then tap on Report.
TikTok is known for its ever-changing trends and challenges. If a user participates in the challenges and uses trending songs in their content, it is more likely to go viral on TikTok. You can take your business a notch higher by putting ads on TikTok. To learn how do I get approved for TikTok ads, read the entire article and share it with your friends.
For more trending stuff on Technology, Social Media, and Gaming, keep visiting Path of EX. If you have any questions or queries, comment below, and we will get back to you ASAP!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the requirements for TikTok ads?
TikTok video ad requirements: File type: MP4, MOV, MPEG, 3GP or AVI. Aspect ratio: 9:16, 1:1, or 16:9 aspect ratio. Video duration: between 5 – 60 seconds with a recommendation of 9-15 seconds.
2. What is the minimum cost for TikTok ads?
The average pricing of the Cost Per Mile starts at $10 per 1,000 views, and there is a minimum cap of $500 per campaign to be spent.
3. Are TikTok ads safe?
Yes, TikTok ads are safe, but you should be cautious as there are many scam artists on TikTok who are advertising fake products.