Facebook undeniably is very useful and popular, but it also carries many glitches and errors. The latest error that users are facing is that recent searches not showing on Facebook. If you have also faced this problem, I will help you with this detailed blog.
Facebook very commonly keeps troubling users with errors every other day. A couple of days ago, Facebook had an issue with performing queries, and the other one was a Facebook story not found. Errors like these irritate users. Now, users are not able to see their recent searches, but after a lot of research work, I have gathered all the helpful details about this problem.
So, without wasting much time further, let me walk you through these amazing blogs on how to fix recent searches not showing on Facebook.
In This Article
Reasons for ‘Recent Searches Not Showing On Facebook’ Error
There can be several reasons behind the occurrence of this error of recent searches not showing on Facebook. I have mentioned all the possible reasons below:
- An Issue in the Application: There is a possibility that this error of recent searches not showing on Facebook might be happening due to a problem in the Facebook application. There can be any issue in the internal functioning or algorithm of the app.
- Outdated Version of the App: If you are using an old version of the Facebook app, then this issue might be occurring due to that reason. Older versions of the Facebook app might not be able to hold the new features that have been recently updated in the app.
- Corrupted Data & Cache: If you have not cleared the accumulated cache and junk data, then consider this as the possible reason for the occurrence of the recent searches not showing on Facebook error.
- Poor Internet Connection: Make sure that the Internet connection that you are using is stable and strong. You can also connect your device to a stable WiFi network.
- Enabled VPN: If you have VPN enabled on your device, then it might be interrupting the flow of the Facebook network in the device.
- Third-Party Extension: If by any chance there are third-party extensions also in your device, then this may be the definite cause of this issue in the Facebook app.
- A Technical Issue in Device: There are high chance that it could happen due to a technical glitch or fault in the device that you might be using.
- A Glitch in the App: There is a possibility that the newest version of the app is carrying a glitch in itself. Make sure to notice and identify it as soon as possible.
- Facebook Server: The application server being down is a very common problem. Make sure to keep an eye on it.
How to Fix Recent Searches Not Showing On Facebook?
Now that you know all the possible causes of this error of recent searches not showing on Facebook, here are all the probable fixing methods that you need to follow.
1. Fix Recent Searches Not Showing On Facebook By Using Facebook on Browser
You can fix this error by using Facebook on your web browser. This will save you in a situation where there are issues going on with the Facebook app. Consider opening Facebook by logging in through the Facebook website on any browser of your choice.
2. Fix Recent Searches Not Showing On Facebook By Checking For an Update
Make sure that you have not missed an update of the Facebook app; if you have not checked on it lately, make sure you do it. Visit the App Store or the Play Store of your device and check if the current version of the Facebook app is the latest one or not.
3. Fix Recent Searches Not Showing On Facebook By Clearing the Facebook App’s Accumulated Cache
If you have not checked on the corrupted cache and junk data of the Facebook app for a long time, then make sure you do it now. Clear the accumulated cache and junk data of the Facebook app. If you don’t know how to do so, follow the instructions given below:
1. Open the Settings and go to the apps.
2. Tap on the option of Apps and Notifications.
3. Locate the Facebook app and open it.
4. Tap on the Clear data at the bottom of the screen.
5. Now tap on the clear cache option and clear data option.
And that’s all. This is how you have to clear the Facebook cache and junk of the Facebook app.
4. Fix Recent Searches Not Showing On Facebook By Checking the Internet Connection
Ensure that you have a stable and strong internet connection. Having an uninterrupted data connection helps you in using Facebook without any issues. If your internet connection is fluctuating, immediately switch to a stable WiFi connection.
5. Fix Recent Searches Not Showing On Facebook By Disabling VPN
If you are using a VPN extension on your device by any chance, then consider disabling it. VPN can interrupt your internet connection’s smooth flow and cause this error of recent searches not showing on Facebook.
6. Fix Recent Searches Not Showing On Facebook By Disabling Third Party Extensions
If there are any third-party extensions on your device, disable them. Third-party extensions like ad-blockers can clash with the back-end network servers of the Facebook app, which may probably cause this error of recent searches not showing on Facebook.
7. Fix Recent Searches Not Showing On Facebook By Restarting the Device
Consider restarting your device. Doing this will fix all the technical issues or a problem in the device. When the phone restarts, all the applications in the background will close, and the temporary glitch in the system will get fixed on its own.
8. Fix Recent Searches Not Showing On Facebook By Uninstalling and Reinstalling the App
You can attempt to fix this error by uninstalling and reinstalling the Facebook app on your mobile. It will fix all the glitches and bugs that are causing this error of recent searches not showing on Facebook.
9. Fix Recent Searches Not Showing On Facebook By Logging Out and Logging In Again
You can try to fix this issue by logging out and logging in to the Facebook app. This will fix all the issues that the app is facing temporarily. It will clear all the unnecessary activities in the background of the app and give it a fresh start.
10. Fix Recent Searches Not Showing On Facebook By Checking for Facebook’s Server
Make sure that the Facebook server is not down. If there is some news from the past few days, consider keeping an eye on the status of the Facebook server. This will help you be updated regarding the current status of the backend server.
11. Fix Recent Searches Not Showing On Facebook By Factory Reseting the Device Using Facebook
If it is very necessary for you to fix this problem and the methods mentioned above haven’t worked well, you can give it a shot by doing a factory reset on the device via Facebook. It should be done in emergency situations and usually isn’t recommended.
The reason is that you can lose all the internal data in your Facebook app by attempting this. It is advised to take a quick backup of all the important data in your Facebook app. There are two different methods to do so: for Android and iPhone. I have given both methods below in a detailed manner.
1. Factory Reseting the Device Using Facebook (Android)
This procedure of resetting the device through Facebook is very simple. If you are using an Android device, here are the steps that you need to follow:
1. Go to the Settings of your device.
2. Tap on the option of About Phone.
3. Scroll down and locate the Factory Reset option.
4. Tap on the option at the bottom, saying Erase all data.
And that’s it. This is the correct way to factory reset the device using Facebook in just a few simple steps.
2. Factory Reseting the Device Using Facebook (iPhone)
If you are an iPhone user, there are different steps that you need to follow-
1. Open the Settings of your iPhone.
2. Go to the General option.
3. Scroll down and tap on the option of Transfer or Reset iPhone.
4. Locate the Reset option at the bottom.
And that’s all. This is how you can factory reset the device using Facebook.
12. Fix Recent Searches Not Showing On Facebook By Waiting Patiently
Sometimes, there is nothing that we can do to fix the errors. There is nothing that you or I can do about them. In such cases, it is recommended that the users should wait patiently for the issue to get resolved on its own. Such issues take 24 to 48 hours to get fixed on their own.
13. Fix Recent Searches Not Showing On Facebook By Contacting the Facebook Support Team
If the time has passed and it has been more than two days, then consider reaching out to the Facebook Support Team. The Facebook Support team has all the answers and solutions to your problems. Explain your issue to them, and they will definitely figure out something for you.
Now that you have learned about all the possible reasons and fixes for the error in recent searches not showing on Facebook, you will resolve this issue. I hope this blog serves you in the right direction. If you have any doubts or queries, feel free to reach out to us, and we will get back to you soon. To read more such informative blogs, keep visiting our website, Path of EX. Have a great day ahead!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long do recent searches stay on Facebook?
Recent searches stay for up to six months before they completely disappear.
2. What happens when you clear the cache?
When you clear the accumulated cache and corrupted junk data of the Facebook app, you regain some extra space, and you can work as usual.
3. What is meant by cached while searching?
Cached data is a piece of information stored in your computer or device while you visit a website.
4. Can Google see my searches?
Yes, Google can see all of your logs and search data and histories.