PC Cable Management is one of the most integral parts of your PC building process. Not only it makes your setup looks neat, but also it simplifies the job of upgrading components on the go. I am one of those tech geeks who believe in making the best out of every gadget. Therefore, I have written this article to give you cable management ideas for making your pc look better and perform better.
With great power comes great responsibility and in the 21st century, upgrading your PC comes with a bunch of cables left hanging inside and behind your setup (hence the responsibility). This mismanagement of cables definitely looks ugly and also causes the internals to heat up because of the congestion of air.
Sadly, knowing but not implementing PC Cable management would not do any good to your PC build. And trust me, the amount of cleanliness that you will have on your table will definitely make you fall in love with this process.
PC Cable Management: Manage Your PC Cables This Way
PC cable management isn’t as tiring as it sounds. In the end, it all depends on the type and size of your setup. There are some wires that stay inside the CPU cabinet and other wires that lie outside.
You can easily manage the inside cables by utilizing the space under and beside your motherboard. Motherboard manufacturers do take PC cable management seriously, and that is why they provide you with some space alongside the motherboard.
Along with that, I recommend buying a case for your cabinet, which will help you to organize the PC cables using the cable sorting holes made into the case.
Why Does PC Cable Management Matter?
What’s the whole purpose of building your own PC if not the top-notch performance? Without PC cable management, the tangled PC cables will create a lot of heat around the processor and stop the wind from passing through. This will slow down the performance of your PC.
If you decide to upgrade your PC, you will have to detach each cable because it would be impossible for you to plug out the right one. If done frequently, you may damage the entire cable, which may cause a short circuit.
Last but not least, nobody likes to work in a messy place. Organizing your work desk is the best gift you can ever give to it. Let me show you how you can save yourself from the trouble I mentioned above. Here is the step-by-step guide on PC cable management.
Step-by-step Guide for the Ultimate PC Cable Management
The idea behind your PC Cable Management is to hide your cables from sight. Follow the step-by-step guide below to create the best cable management PC.
1. The first step is to buy a PC management-friendly case. It can do cable routing and as well as stick the cables around the back of the case.
2. Buying the right PSU is the most integral part of your cable management kit. On the internet, you will find that most of the recommendations are for Modular PSU. However, that’s not necessary at all. It all depends on the purposed budget of your PC build. For a small build, I recommend Non-modular PSU; however, if you have a high-end build, then go for Modular PSU.
3. Component Placement is crucial because the routing of the cable has to be planned before you install any hardware on your motherboard. That is why it is better to buy the case first and then decide on the component placement so that you only invest in what fits you.
4. Use the right type of ESD Compliant Ties or Tapes. You would not want the ties to open every day. Therefore, you should use the right quality of tapes.
5. Group the important cables and tie them with a velcro strap. Afterward, route them from the spaces provided in the case. After that, group the least important cables and route them through the back side of the case because you would not use the cables frequently.
6. For outside cables, use the velcro straps and paste the cables to the outside of your desk or under the desk so that there is less twisting of them.
7. Last but not least, leave the outside cables loose for a situation where you need to move the device or peripheral from one place to another.
This completes my step-by-step guide to PC cable management. At Path of EX, you will find blockbuster deals on your favorite technology and step-by-step instructions on managing your techs, like cable management ideas, and a lot more. For such helpful content and time-saving tips, keep scrolling Path of EX.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How to set up my Best cable management PC?
A. You need a cable management-friendly case and a couple of velcro ties and ESD tapes. You can group the cables on the basis of their size or importance and route them through the case.
Q. Why do I need a wire management PC?
A. You need wire management on your PC to explore its peak performance and enjoy the tidy workstation vibes.
Q. Is cable management kit pc expensive?
A. You can buy a case and a modular PSU in case you have that budget, however, if you are tight on your budget, then you just need to buy a couple of velcro straps, tapes, and ties. Group the cables as per your requirement and route them to the rear side of your desk.