Technology has evolved a lot in the past. From graphics to the laptop working, everything has changed! Even the way laptops look has changed a lot! The small and handy designs, classy finish, and less weight, all make laptops so fascinating! Especially the keyboard lights! Even you can turn on the keyboard light to make your keyboard colorful. Want to know how? If yes, then get into the learning mode as this post will guide you to upgrade your laptop with those varying lights.
Those backlit keyboards rule the hearts of every gamer, especially those who love to play in the dark. That is a different vibe! Agree? Not only that you can only turn the light on but, you can also change the color. Yes, that’s true! It is just a steps process.
No matter what laptop you use, you can turn on the keyboard light in three simple ways. Either you can use the Windows Mobility center or for the easy option available you can turn the light “ON” using your laptop’s native app. Also, some keyboards are self-supporting and you can turn the light on using the keys on the keyboard.
But how to do that? Don’t worry! Below is the step-by-step guide on how to turn on the keyboard light and how to change color using these simple methods.
Methods to Turn on the Keyboard Light
There are several ways to turn on the keyboard light. Not only this, you can change the brightness level and the color as well! These are:
1. Use the Windows Mobility Center
Windows Mobility center can do this for you. All you need to do is to follow these steps:
- Click on the start button.
- Type “Control Panel” in the search bar, below at the left, and open the app.
- Search “Windows mobility center”.
- A list of options will pop out. Look for “Hardware and sound option” and open it.
- This will lead you to the “Windows Mobility Center”.
- There you will find the adjustment options. Scroll a little till you find the “keyboard brightness” option and click on it.
- Enable the option and drag to adjust the brightness level.
- Below, there will be settings. Now, you can choose the time to auto-shutdown the light when there is no activity.
- If you do not want this to shut off, you can select “NEVER OFF”
- Select “OK”.
- And, Vola! You are done!
Thinking of buying a new laptop? But before, You must consider 5 Best i5 11th Generation Laptops.
2. Use A Secondary App
Do you know that most of the new laptops come with a native app that can manage the keyboard light and its brightness level? Yes, that is the case in some!
What if you do not know about that app?
Can you check about the app?
Yes! You can easily get to know about it by checking the system on the internet.
- Open the browser.
- Type the name of your laptop.
- Add Enable Keyboard Backlight Windows 10.
- You will find the settings there.
The idea of upgrading to a new gaming laptop seems good but what about the budget? Don’t worry! if you have a budget of $2000, we have got the Best gaming laptops under $2000: Buyer’s Guide for you, so that you don’t compromise with the features.
3. Use Your Keyboard
Turning on the keyboard light on your laptop depends upon the model you use. Now the question that arises is, can you judge if your laptop supports such a feature or not? Let’s figure that out!
How To Check If My Laptop Has The Keyboard Backlight?
The good news is that it is not rocket science!
Instead, this is very easy to judge. The easiest way is to check the keyboard of your laptop. Look for the symbol related to light. If there is any symbol on the keyboard, then you can turn on the keyboard light. But, if there is no such symbol, then it is not possible for your laptop.
The possible backlit keyboard key combinations can be:
|3.||ASUS||F3, F4, or F5|
Turn on the Keyboard Light on DELL
- Alt+F10: For Dell 14 Inspiron 7000, 15, 2016, 15, 17 5000 Series.
- Fn+F10: For Inspiron 15 5000, Latitude E5550, Latitude E7450/E7470.
- F10: For Dell XPS 2016 and 13.
Turn on the Keyboard Light on HP
The process for the HP laptops is quite easy and can be possible in two methods/combinations:
- All you need to do is Fn+11.
- If this doesn’t work, you can try pressing Fn+9.
- Sometimes, in a few models, Fn+Space also works.
Turn on the Keyboard Light on ASUS
ASUS laptop users can enable the feature of keyboard light by simply observing the keyboard light symbol on one of the keys. Mostly it is on F3, F4, and F5. So to enable all you need to do is press the Fn key along with the F3, F4, or F5.
But, if you are unable to find the symbol, then your laptop might not be equipped with such a feature to turn on the keyboard light. Yes, this might be the case!
But what if this feature is not working on your laptop?
In such a scenario, your laptop is going to be your savior as it’s not the case only with you. You can always troubleshoot the solutions to this particular problem. Start by:
- Open the “start” menu.
- In the search bar, type “Troubleshooting” and open the system settings.
- Among the available options, select the “keyboard” option.
- Select “Run the troubleshooter”.
- Click “next”. This will provide the information to the System and the System will then checkout for the possible issues.
- Once the issue gets resolved, follow the instructions above on Turn on the keyboard light on your computer.
This video might help:
Now how about changing the keyboard light colors?
How To Change The Color Of The Backlit Keyboard?
Changing the color as per your need or mood has become easy now. You can change the color depending upon the game you want to play to make it funky and cool.
For this, you can use the Zoned Backlighting feature.
Wondering what Zoned Backlighting is?
It is a feature that enables the user to select different colors of the keyboard backlight. This feature is supported by a lot of laptops including the Apple MacBook Pro, Acer Swift 3, and other gaming laptops.
Does your gaming laptop feel incomplete? Then you must upgrade your gaming experience with these Best Gaming Mouse 2021 that Makes Gaming laptops Complete.
To enable this feature follow:
- Open window’s taskbar.
- For HP:
- Go to “OMEN Command Center”.
- For others:
- Go to “Model’s command center”.
- Look for “lighting” on the left side of the screen and click it.
- At the right corner, look for the ” keyboard option”.
- Among the three available options, click on “Static”.
- A drop-down menu will appear.
- It has 6 different color templates and a custom mode as well.
- Select the desired one.
- A color guide will appear.
- You can choose the color of your choice ( even different colors for different keys)
- Click on apply.
And enjoy how your keyboard looks!
Now, its your turn to try these methods and enjoy the cool effect.
Hope you find these methods to turn on the keyboard light easy and interesting. We would love to hear your views on the same about which method works best for you in the comment section. Also, if you have any query, feel free to share with us. We will try to help.