Do you ever encounter any offensive or inappropriate Reels while scrolling on Instagram? If yes, then let me tell you that there is a particular way to avoid and remove such kinds of Reels from your Insta feed and make it more comfortable for yourself. In this blog, I will tell you in detail how to remove suggested Reels on Instagram.
The reasons can be many. Sometimes, the music coming from Instagram Reels can become a noise to someone’s ears. But Instagram is way too smart. It has already let out some solutions and backup features. Users can already mute the Instagram Reels that they don’t wish to listen to. There are many such features, and hiding suggested Reels on Instagram is also one of them.
So, without wasting much time further, let me walk you through this amazing blog on how to remove suggested Reels on Instagram.
In This Article
Reasons to Remove Suggested Reels on Instagram
There can be several reasons for you to remove suggested Reels on Instagram. I have mentioned some possible reasons below for you.
- Removing Distraction: Some people might want to remove Reels on Instagram because they are too distracting. It’s undeniable that they are fun and engaging to watch, but they are very addictive and consume a lot of time. So, people who don’t want to kill a lot of their time may choose to remove suggested Reels on Instagram.
- For Mental Peace: Instagram Reels can sometimes be disturbing on psychological, social, and emotional grounds. There could be some illegal and violent activities that may disturb you mentally. So, to escape those traumatic encounters from Reels/videos, you can simply hide suggested Reels on Instagram.
- To Avoid Unhealthy/Adult Content: The appearance of adult and sexual content via Instagram Reels is very common. If you have kids who open your phone and Instagram randomly when you are not around, then hiding such Reels can be a great idea.
- You Find it Cringe: Another common reason for you hiding the Instagram Reels can be that you find some Instagram Reels cringe and awkward. They can be annoying to your sight, and this is a strong reason to remove them from your view.
- A personal Choice: At last, it can be a personal choice. You can simply choose to not look at it because you don’t want to, and nobody needs an explanation for it.
How to Remove Suggested Reels on Instagram?
If you want to remove suggested Reels, here are a few simple steps that you need to follow:
1. Open the Instagram app and log in with your account.
2. Navigate to the Reels section.
3. Locate the Reel that you want to remove from the suggestions and tap on it.
4. Select the option of not interested.
5. Next, select the reason for not being interested.
And that’s it. This is how you need to remove suggested Reels on Instagram in just a few simple steps.
So that was all about how to remove suggested Reels on Instagram. I hope all the information in this blog will be helpful to you. To read more such informative blogs, keep visiting our website, Path of EX. If you have some suggestions or queries, feel free to comment down below in the comment section, and we will reach out to you soon. Have a great day ahead!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can Reels be muted?
Yes, Reels can be muted, and the procedure is quite simple. Simply open up the Reel in your feed and tap anywhere on the screen. And that’s all. This is how you can mute Instagram Reels.
2. Can I turn off Instagram Reels?
Unfortunately, there is no way to disable Instagram Reels. You only need to avoid them on your own. Yes, a trick is that if you log in through your browser, the Reels will miraculously vanish.
3. Why is sound automatically enabled on Instagram?
The sound algorithm is automatically enabled on Instagram because Instagram wanted to make the Reel and video behaviors very obvious. It wanted to make its users used to reels, videos, and all the trendy songs.
4. Should I watermark my videos?
Watermarking a video is always a personal choice. If you choose to watermark a video, you can protect it from theft and increase your brand value. It might also increase the visibility, engagement, and circulation of your content.
5. Does reels increase followers?
If you are into marketing and online business of any kind, Reels can help you in increasing/boosting your business. It is claimed that 8 users out of 10 watch and scroll through Reels on Instagram.
6. Does rewatching an Instagram Reel count as a view?
Yes, Instagram Reel views do count as a view. Instagram Reels view algorithm has an algorithm that counts every rewatch as a new view from your followers.