Trouble loading Spotify when you want to groove in? We know how you feel. Spotify no internet connection errors will pop up even with a stable network connection. Sometimes it came up with alternate terms like ‘Something went wrong‘ or ‘Can’t play this song right now.’ There are ways to fix it- Don’t be mad! You don’t have to ditch your favorite Spotify playlist over this issue.
The craziest thing about Spotify no internet connection bug is that it has been an error on Spotify since 2012. People in mass numbers kept searching, why does Spotify keep telling me no internet connection on Google. Later researchers found an explanation for this. It can be due to loading time to your account or buffering of songs. If your battery optimization is enabled, Spotify might also greet you with a paroxysm. Since Spotify has become an addition to our daily life, finding a hack to hatch this issue is a must.
Most of the time, Spotify no internet connection occurs due to an outdated version of Spotify. It can be due to maintenance breakdown or slow internet connection. There are some things we can do to fix this. Let’s solve how to fix Spotify no internet connection here.
Fix Spotify No Internet Connection Available | Top Fixes
Spotify has been too generous to everyone. You can have a free version with unlimited song access or an ad-free premium with Spotify. It is an ideal platform for singers and podcasts. Everything is perfect until it says ‘Try again later’ or ‘No internet connection.’ Let’s forge ahead with the top fixes,
1. Spotify No Internet Connection | Restart the app
The first thing to get rid of this unnecessary problem is to restart the app. We hope you remember the password or keep an automatic password managing system.
Spotify Web Player
- Open Spotify.
- Tap on the profile icon from the middle-right area.
- Choose the ‘Log Out’ option from the menu.
- Tap on the Settings icon on the top right corner and scroll down.
- Click ‘Log Out.’
- You can also restart the device now and login back to Spotify now.
2. Spotify No Internet Connection | Clear Offline Cache
Sometimes, the uncleared cache can be the route of weakness. There must be too much cache stored enough to trouble load Spotify.
Spotify Web Player
1. Tap on the profile picture and click on ‘Settings.’
2. Scroll down to ‘Show Advanced Settings.’
3. Move on to ‘Offline storage location.’
4. You can copy the path under the heading and paste it into your search bar on My computer.
5. You will redirect to the area of cache files. ‘Delete it.’
Spotify app on Android and iPhone
- Tap on the ‘Settings’ icon in the top-right corner.
- Scroll down to the ‘storage ‘area in the settings.
- You can find ‘Delete cache’ under storage settings.
- Tap on it.
3. Spotify No Internet Connection | Reinstall Spotify
When nothing works, we always start from scratch. You can delete the application and reinstall it. It also helps to move into the latest version of Spotify.
Spotify Web Player
- In Windows, choose ‘Program and features’ from the control panel.
- In MAC, It is a long process and might be confusing. Let us leave a YouTube video to assist you in this mess.
Spotify App on Android and iPhone
- Long press on the Spotify icon.
- Select the ‘Delete’ option or click on ‘Bin Icon.’
4. Spotify No Internet Connection | Reset Network Settings and Check the Internet Connection.
Sometimes, it might be your network connection – A weak Wi-Fi connection or mobile data can be the root of the issue. Put your phone into airplane mode for one minute and check connectivity again. You can also reconnect your PC to Wi-Fi again.
How to Fix Spotify No Internet Connection on PC
If you are using your PC for Spotify, no internet connection error might pop up due to the security measures on your PC. It can be due to the Windows firewall, Anti-virus software, and trouble recognizing your DNS. Let’s take a look through each one and learn how to fix Spotify no internet connection on a PC.
1. How to Fix Spotify No Internet Connection on Windows Firewall
If the Windows firewall blocks Spotify, you will not have access to Spotify on the internet. To fix this Spotify internet connection error, try this-
1. Open the ‘Control panel’ on your PC.
2. Go to ‘System and Security.’
3. Click on ‘Windows Defender Firewall.’
4. Tap on ‘Allow an app or feature through Windows defender firewall.’
5. Scroll down to ‘Spotify Music’ and check on the box.
6. Click ‘Ok.’
This method might work better, you know. Wondering what if it doesn’t? We move on to the next one.
Also, read How To Download Songs From Spotify in 2022?
2. How to Fix Spotify No Internet Connection on Antivirus Software
You must be excited about the new third-party antivirus you just bought. But it might be the cause of the Spotify internet connection error. How do we check that? Let’s do this-
- Tap on the arrow button on the taskbar.
- Left-click on the antivirus app.
- Select ‘Disable for 10 minutes.’
- Restart Spotify in this 10-minute gap to check whether the antivirus is the problem or not.
If you found the antivirus as the culprit, you better put Spotify on the ‘exception list.’
What is an antivirus exception list? Please don’t show us that crease on the forehead. We got you covered on that too.
3. Setting Up Antivirus Exception List
Antivirus might block some websites or applications that are not harmful in reality. To fix this, we can make an antivirus exception list. Let’s put Spotify music on that list and enjoy.
1. Open the ‘settings’ of your antivirus.
2. Click on ‘General section.’
3. Select ‘Exceptions.’
4. Click on ‘Add exceptions.’
5. Put the ‘path of Spotify’ to the list.
6. Restart your PC and enjoy Spotify.
7. Are you still having trouble? Let’s try one last method.
4. How to Change DNS Settings | Windows
Spotify may be confused with your DNS settings sometimes. As a result, it cannot access the PC’s internet connection. Try these to change DNS settings.
1. Open ‘Control Panel.’
2. Click on ‘Network and Internet.’
3. Select ‘Network and Sharing Center.’
4. Go to ‘Adapter Settings.’
5. Click on your active ‘Network Adapter’ and tap on ‘Properties.’
6. Click on ‘IPv4’ and open ‘Properties.’
7. Click on ‘Use the following DNS server addresses.’
8. Input 126.96.36.199 under ‘Preferred DNS server’ and 188.8.131.52 under ‘Alternate DNS server.’
9. Click ‘Ok’ to check whether Spotify works or not.
Spotify no internet connection has been an error since 2012, and we wonder why they never fixed it. We can’t wait another decade for an error-free update from Spotify. So here we try every possibility to bring the josh of Spotify music back to our life.
Until you hear something from Spotify about this, Try these hacks to fix Spotify no internet connection. Share with your friends if you find this useful.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why does Spotify say ‘No internet connection?
Either Spotify has no access to your network connection, or your network connection has failed. Restarting the device, Reinstalling the app, clearing the cache, and changing DNS settings are some of the rescues.
2. How do I fix Spotify no internet connection error?
Try reinstalling and restarting your device. Check your network connection or re-connect. Change DNS settings and add the app to the antivirus exception list.
3. How to fix ‘Error code 4’ on Spotify?
Error code 4 is the Spotify internet connection error. Try updating the app and restart the device. Reset network settings can be useful too.