The iOS 17 beta was launched on June 5, 2023, shortly after the WWDC 2023 and many iPhone users want to check the beta version and know about the new and upcoming features. But users have complained that their iOS 17 beta is not showing up on their Apple devices. If you are among such users, then you are at the right place. In this article, I will tell you, why is iOS 17 Beta not showing up and how to fix iOS 17 Beta not showing up.
About four months ago, iOS released its iOS 16 into the market. And only a couple of days ago, iOS 16.6 RC was released and now Apple users are waiting and quite excited for iOS 17 Developer Beta to download. But iOS 17 Beta not showing up has caused a huge cry on the internet and users are quite frustrated about it.
So, without further ado, let’s dig in to learn about why is iOS 17 Beta not showing up and how to fix iOS 17 Beta not showing up.
In This Article
Why is iOS 17 Beta Not Showing Up?
If you are someone who is facing the issue of the newly launched iOs beta not showing up to download, guess what, you are not alone. There are many Apple users that are complaining about the issue. In the below-mentioned guide, I have explained the most common reasons why iOS 17 beta is not showing up.
- The iOS 17 Beta feature is currently not available in your location: Since iOS 17 Beta is launched in some countries and your region might not be among those countries. It can be clear from the example that Apple launches its new features in the U.S. first and after a week or two, they are released in Europe.
- Unstable Internet connection: When your device does not receive enough Internet bandwidth, you won’t be able to download the new iOS 17 beta version.
- The device is not compatible with iOS 17: The device that you are using to download the iOS 17 beta version might not be compatible with the new version of iOS.
- Your device never looked for any available updates: The updates on your device are set at scheduled intervals and can be the reason why your device never looked for any available updates.
How to Fix iOS 17 Beta Not Showing Up?
iOS 17 beta not showing up to download can be quite bothersome, but you don’t have to worry, I am here to help. And now that we have understood why iOS 17 beta is not showing up, it is time to dive in and know about the ways to fix iOS 17 beta not showing up. In the below-mentioned guide, I have explained the fixes to resolve the issue of the iOS 17 beta not showing up.
Method 1: Fix iOS 17 Beta Not Showing Up By Checking Whether Your Phone is Supported to the Latest iOS or Not
One of the most common reasons for iOS 17 not showing up can be device incompatibility. In order to get the latest version of iOS 17, your device must support the latest version. In the below-mentioned list, I have given the list of devices that will support iOS 17.
- iPhone 15 Series
- iPhone 14 Series (iPhone 14/ Plus/ Pro/ Pro Max)
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone SE (2nd generation or later)
Method 2: Fix iOS 17 Beta Not Showing Up By Checking the Internet Connection
If you are facing the issue of the iOS 17 beta not showing to download, it might be because you are connected to an unstable internet connection. Make sure you are connected to a stable and good internet connection. Switch from WiFi to cellular data or vice versa and check if it resolves the issue. To check your internet connectivity, follow these steps:
- Turn off Wi-Fi and mobile data.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Turn them back on and then check if the issue is resolved.
Method 3: Fix iOS 17 Beta Not Showing Up By Removing the Beta Profile
Another way you can try is by removing the beta profile (if any). Removing the beta profile is the easiest way to download the new beta version of iOS. In order to remove the Beta profile, you will need to follow the given steps.
- Navigate to the Settings App
- Click on the General option.
- Tap VPN & Device Management.
- Select the iOS 16 Beta Software Profile which will appear under the Configuration profile section.
- Tap on the Remove Profile option
- Enter Your Passcode.
- Choose Remove.
- Finally, your Device will Restart, once it does check if iOS 17 is showing up to download.
Method 4: Fix iOS 17 Beta Not Showing Up By Restarting Your Device
Many of your temporary issues can be resolved if you restart your device. All you need to do is to restart your device and check if the issue of iOS 17 not showing up has been resolved. In order to restart your device, follow the given steps.
- Hold and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
- The device will restart, once it does check if iOS 17 is showing up to download.
Method 5: Fix iOS 17 Beta Not Showing Up By Using iTunes
If none of the above-mentioned steps work for you then you can use the macOS Finder or iTunes software. In order to do that, follow the given steps.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and click on iTunes Finder.
- Tap on your device and then click Restore iPhone/iPad.
- Tap on the iOS 17 Beta profile that you already downloaded on your Macbook
- iTunes Finder will now extract data from this downloaded file and upgrade your iPhone by installing this profile on your iPhone.
Apple is known for keeping up with the audience’s demand by releasing new and improved versions of iOS. iOS 17 is rolling out soon but till then you can check the features on iOS 17 beta. but recently, users have complained that iOS 17 beta version is not showing up. To know, why is iOS 17 Beta not showing up and how to fix iOS 17 Beta not showing up, read the entire article, and share it with your friends.
For more trending stuff on technology, Social Media, and Gaming, keep visiting Path of EX. For any queries, comment below, and we will get back to you ASAP!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to install iOS 17 developer beta?
Go to Settings> General > Software Update, then click Beta Updates and click Choose the Developer beta you’d like to install.
2. Is iOS 17 beta out?
The first iOS 17 beta was released on June 5 shortly after the WWDC 2023.
3. When is the Apple iOS 17 release date?
The Apple iOS 17 will be available to download on July 2023.