Gone are the days, when hard work was the only key ingredient required to be successful. In this fast-running world, Smart Work is equally necessary to pave the road towards success. The key to greater productivity is to work smarter and not harder. And that is true even for our social life..along with the creative content, the knowledge of the best time to post on Instagram is equally important…Don’t believe me? You will by the end of the article…
Instagram has become an important aspect of our life, we all can agree to that. Now it’s not just a social platform to update our pictures casually but something that we can’t even go a day without checking. Whether we are using it for business, entertainment, or as an influencer.. It has surely developed competitiveness among us. Even if we do not admit it, we are stuck in this materialistic cycle of likes and followers.
Feel like..everyone is running too fast and you couldn’t catch up?? Failing to understand why your insta reels and posts are not being acknowledged as they should be.?? Or just wondering why your online business is not progressing enough digitally..?? Don’t worry.. take a breath, while we collect all the information u need…And give u a guide to outsmarting the algorithm.
(it’ll be our secret..!!shhh)
In This Article
When is the Best time to Post On Instagram?
They say, ‘Rome wasn’t built in A-day.. But yet what a difference A-day can make’ xoxo..gossip girl.
Time holds such value! You’ll be shocked to know. Though all Instagram accounts have their unique audiences making each account has a different time priority for efficient social engagement. But.. a number of researches have been done and the hotspots for Instagram posting have been found out.
Best Time to Post on Instagram as per Days of the Week
Best Time to Post on Instagram on Monday- 6 am, 10 am, and 10 pm EST
Best Time to Post on Instagram on Tuesday- 2 am, 4 am, and 9 am EST
Best Time to Post on Instagram on Wednesday- 7 am, 8 am, and 11 pm EST
Best Time to Post on Instagram on Thursday- 9 am, 12 pm, and 7 pm EST
Best Time to Post on Instagram on Friday- 5 am, 1 pm, and 3 pm EST
Best Time to Post on Instagram on Saturday- 11 am, 7 pm, and 8 pm EST
Best Time to Post on Instagram on Sunday- 7 am, 8 am, and 4 pm EST
Though the data is generalized to know the ‘best time to post on Instagram’ but each profile has its unique audience that affects its social engagement. Similarly a hypothesis for The Worst Time to Post on Instagram Each Day has also been researched.
The Worst Time to Post on Instagram Each Day
- Monday: 2 PM
- Tuesday: 1 PM
- Wednesday: 10 AM
- Thursday: 11 PM
- Friday: 9 AM
- Saturday: 4 PM
- Sunday: 10 AM
It is surprising to see that the best times to post on Instagram were so early in the day. It is because of two reasons-
- People generally check their phones as soon as they wake up..and posting when your audience is most active and fresh seems like the most effective strategy.
- Another factor is, posting earlier in the day, accounts benefit from less competition. By posting early in the day, our content has the best chance of ranking up and seen by our followers, irrespective of when they are usually active.
Thus, both increase our chances of getting likes and acknowledgment.
- Best times: Tuesday 11 a.m.–2 p.m., Monday through Friday 11 a.m.
- Best day: Tuesday
- Worst day: Sunday
The Best Time to Post on Instagram as per Location
A significant aspect that affects Instagram is Location because of the different lifestyles of the people.. Therefore knowing the correct time to post on Instagram can be very helpful –
- US and Canada (Western): 12 AM-6 AM
- US and Canada (Central): 6AM-8AM
- US and Canada (Eastern): 4 AM-9 AM
- South America: 4 AM
- UK: 4 AM-6 AM
- Europe (Western): 6-8 PM
- Europe (Eastern): 5 AM-7 AM
- Africa: 6 AM
- South Asia and the Middle East: 3 AM
- East Asia and Southeast Asia: 11 PM-4 AM
- Australasia: 11PM – 2AM
Best Time to Post on Instagram as per Industry
Instagram has now become a shopping hub more than ever. Due to the Coronavirus Lockdown, people spent so much time indoors with no shopping outlets open in the outside world. There was a hike in Instagram in sales of online retail sites and accounts therefore, if the retailers have to maintain their customers, they need proper information to maintain them.
- Best time to post on Instagram: Wednesday afternoon (3 pm) & Friday midday (11 am – 12 pm)
- Ultimate Best Day: Wednesday
- Worst Day: Sunday – most people are busy with their family during weekends.
- Lowest Engagement: Late Night & Early Mornings
2. Media & Entertainment
The primary purpose of the audience to visit Instagram is for entertainment, it is a crucial outlet for media as well as entertainment. Therefore the best time for entertainment as well as media industry to stand out by posting on –
- Best time to post on Instagram: Friday morning (9 am)
- Best Engagement: Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday during work hours (8-5 pm)
- Lowest Engagement: Saturday and Sunday
3. Non-Profit Events
This is a digital world where invitations have evolved to e-invitations and pamphlets have evolved to online posters. Whether it’s a charity event or galas everything is promoted on social platforms. It is necessary to know their:
- Best time to post on Instagram: Wednesday at 2 pm
- Highest Engagement: Wednesday (1-4 pm)
- Worst Days for Engagement: Saturday & Sundays
Colleges and schools are using Instagram as a tool to build a presence online for promoting their campus, experiences, and offerings to potential students and current happenings to inform those already enrolled. Faculty and students are active later in the day so-
- Best time to post on Instagram: Friday mornings at 10 am
- Most Consistent Engagement: Wednesday through Saturday (10 am – 8 pm)
- Highest Engagement: Wednesday & Friday mid-morning and Saturday nights (6 pm – 8 pm)
- Worst Days for Engagement: Sunday
In emergency situations like coronavirus, we saw how the Instagram platform became helpful as a medium to spread important messages as well as a source for medical requirements. Due to the large no. of viewers, it reaches a greater audience if we know:
- Best time to post on Instagram: Tuesday at 8 am
- Most Consistent Engagement: Weekdays from 9 am to 3 pm
- Worst Days for Engagement: Saturday & Sundays have minimal engagement in most industries.
How to Find Your Unique Best Time to Post on Instagram?
If you are an active member of social media and want to get a step further by knowing your personal unique best time of getting the maximum Instagram Engagement..you have come just to the right place..!!
Your best time is the particular period when you have the highest number of active followers and when you get the most feedback to your posts, stories as well as insta reels. You can know your best time by:
Post at different times throughout the week, and make a spreadsheet to figure out your unique time.
2. Using Instagram Insights
Use Instagram’s insights to understand when the majority of your audience is most active and most importantly where are they located
3. Using Later Tool
Later is an app that has an in-built feature called “Best Time to Post” which, as the name highlights, shows the best time to post on Instagram for your account specifically. It calculates the top times that your Instagram followers are active, and when you should schedule for maximum engagement.
While the quality of your content holds a crucial position, the time of your posting is also a decisive factor on social media. Since now you know the best timing to post depending on your location, industry as well as the audience, I hope you get the desired results and be successful in your endeavors. Well, now you know the secret to their algorithm, use it to your advantage, and steal the show with your posts.
Visit the site and Do comment if you need further help on any such topics..!!