Ready to take your first step towards online business with TikTok? Congrats! In today’s world, there are endless possibilities to establish your business. TikTok shop is one such possibility that gives endless users the opportunity to pave the first step towards their own business. To help those who are new to TikTok shopping, I will tell how to set up a TikTok shop in this article. So come along!
TikTok shopping is described as “a pilot program” available only in selected markets. The service is available only for Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Vietnam as of now. Users living in these countries can avail of this opportunity without any second thought. But if you have any doubt regarding whether the TikTok shop is legit, you can check the article on our website.
So, without further ado, let’s jump into the article and learn how to set up a TikTok shop. Why wait, then? Let’s begin!
In This Article
How to Set Up a TikTok Shop?
To set up a TikTok shop, you first need to create a shop. On successfully creating your shop, verify your document and bind a bank account to your shop to start your online business on TikTok. Below, I have provided you with a step-by-step guide on creating a shop, verifying documents, and binding a bank account. So follow these simple step-by-step guides and set up your TikTok shop.
Step 1: Create a Shop to Set Up a TikTok Shop
To create a TikTok shop, follow these steps:
- Visit TikTok Seller Center.
- Sign up with your TikTok account.
- Enter your pick-up address.
- Enter your personal details, including name, postcode, and phone number.
- If you want to provide a different return address, enter the address.
- Check mark the box and agree to the terms and conditions.
- At last, tap on Start your business.
Link For TikTok Seller Center
- For merchants in the UK, Click here
- For merchants in Indonesia, Click here
- For merchants in Malaysia, Click here
- For merchants in Thailand, Click here
- For merchants in Vietnam, Click here
- For merchants in the Philippines, Click here
- For merchants in Singapore, Click here
- For merchants in the US, Click here
Step 2: Verify Documents to Set Up a TikTok Shop
To verify your document, you need to follow the steps stated below:
- Go to TikTok Seller Center and select Verify Documents.
- Tap on Upload documents.
- Select your business type- Corporation or Individually-owned Business.
- Set up a name for your shop.
- Now, upload the required document.
- After uploading the required documents, click the Submit button at the end.
- Wait for the approval mail.
Documents Required For Individually-owned Business:
- Image of the front and back of your passport.
- Image of the front and back of National ID.
- Image of the front and back of Driver’s license.
Documents Required For Corporation:
- Upload an image of a government-issued identification document of the legal representative, company director, or person with significant control (PSC).
- Upload an image of your business license, registration, or similar official documents evidencing your eligibility to sell your products/services via the shop under applicable law.
Step 3: Bind Bank Account to Set Up a TikTok Shop
To bind your bank account, follow the steps stated below:
- Go to TikTok Seller Center and select Link Bank Account.
- Tap on Link Account.
- Provide bank details.
- At last, tap on the submit button at the end.
Note that for individually owned Businesses, the account owner’s name needs to be the same as the registered name. For Corporations, the bank account needs to be on the company name.
Once you complete all three stages, you can start adding products to your shop for selling.
With this, I come to the end of this blog, and I hope you now know how to step up a TikTok shop. So follow the steps mentioned in the article above and set up your first online shop with TikTok. And yeah, for any further queries related to TikTok, you can comment in the comments section below.
So, guys, that is it for today. Take care! And keep visiting our website, Path of EX, for more such queries related to Social media, Gaming, and Technology. Till the Bye! Bye!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do you qualify for TikTok shop
To qualify for TikTok shop, you must have a TikTok business account with at least 1,000 followers.
2. Does it cost to have a TikTok shop?
You can set up TikTok shop for free with zero subscription fees. But the platform takes commissions on your sales.