Crops are one of Minecraft’s earliest known features, having been added in February 2010 during the game’s initial phase. In Minecraft, there are four types of seeds: wheat, melon, pumpkin, and beetroot. So now, let’s learn how to plant seeds and grow crops in Minecraft while playing.
Most Minecraft seeds work in the same way. The only thing you need to do is use a hoe to turn grass into pastureland, ensure that it’s irrigated with water, and right-click to plant the seeds. The plant will grow through several stages, which can be sped up with bonemeal until it’s ready to harvest in your Minecraft farm.
Farming in Minecraft is similar to real-life farming. So, in this article, we’ll learn how to get seeds in Minecraft for various crops, as well as how to plant them to quickly build your farm.
In This Article
Can You Plant Seeds And Grow Crops In Minecraft?
Yes, you can plant seeds and grow crops in Minecraft.
Planting seeds and growing crops is the most enjoyed feature of the game. Players from all the different Minecraft biomes can plant the seeds according to their temperature and can have their own green space. Each crop in Minecraft has its own seed code, which makes it easy for the player to find it while planting in the game.
So you got to know that you can plant seeds and grow crops in Minecraft. Now let’s find out how you can plant seeds and grow crops in Minecraft.
How To Plant Seeds And Grow Crops In Minecraft?
The most obvious thing to do with the obtained seeds is to sow them and grow food in your Minecraft world. Wheat and beetroots are the easiest to work with. Then there’s melon and pumpkin, which are more difficult to find and require a little more effort. This is true for all seed-based plants in the game. Here is the step-by-step process to Plant Seeds and grow crops In Minecraft:
Steps to plant seeds and grow crops in Minecraft-
- Start by searching for the grass or soil blocks. They are the building blocks that you require.
- In Minecraft, you’ll need a hoe to make these blocks usable. Hoes, thankfully, are easy to make. To make a hoe for the crafting table, you need two wooden sticks and blocks of wooden planks, cobblestones, and iron.
- Approach the grass or soil block once your hoe is ready. Then, while equipping the hoe, right-click on the blocks.
- The soil’s color and texture change once you hoe it. Therefore, it indicates that it has been sown.
- Right-click on the tilled block while equipped with the seeds. This will instantly plant the seeds, eventually growing into the main crops.
NOTE: You can re-harvest the seeds later to plant a new round of crops in Minecraft. Make sure there is a nearby water source for the crops to grow. It does not have to be hooked up to the soil; it only needs to be close by. The sown soil will turn dark brown as it absorbs water.
How To Make A Seed Farm In Minecraft?
To make your own seed farm in Minecraft, you need to collect materials and blocks. Once the things get collected, all you have to do is assemble them step-by-step, and you get your own seed farm.
Steps to make a seed farm in Minecraft
- Get a block of 7×9.
- Now place the blocks vertically or horizontally.
- Once you are done with the outer layer, make the passage for water.
- Now cover the leftover area with seed blocks of the seeds you want to grow.
- Press Enter, and your seed farm in Minecraft is ready.
Now, put your knowledge to work and go farming in Minecraft! You know everything about how to plant seeds and grow crops in Minecraft while enjoying playing.
In this article, I have covered ways to plant seeds and grow crops In Minecraft. Now, as your query is solved about how to plant seeds and grow crops in Minecraft, start growing as many plants as possible and make your area green. Also, check out Path of EX to learn more about Minecraft and other gaming platforms. Let us know in the comment section below if you have any questions regarding this topic.