One of the major newly operated Twitter is the emerging social media platform, Mastodon. Mastodon users generally refer to individual communities as instances or servers. These Mastodon servers can be run by individuals, groups, or organizations that each have their own set of rules regarding how users can sign up, as well as their own moderation policies. In this article, I will tell you, How to Add a Relay to Your Instance.
Individuals or organizations that own Instances set their own rules and depending on the rules set by the server, the server can either let anyone join or can have an invite-only join system. So, without further ado, let’s dig in to know, how to add a relay to your Instance.
How to Add a Relay to Your Instance?
Multiple servers “subscribe” to a relay. When a user posts a status, their server sends it to every server they have at least one follower on, and any relays the local server is subscribed to.
In order to add a Relay to your Instance you need to copy the URL exactly as it is for the Mastodon instance. Copy the URL and swap out “/inbox” with “/actor”
Active Mastodon Relays
Relays that have Allowlist Restrictions
Relays that Might Work
Mastodon Relays That Don’t Work
- https://ap-relay.herokuapp.com/inbox | Offline for maintenance
- https://mastodon-relay.thedoodleproject.net | 502 Bad Gateway
- https://neko-relay.com/inbox | 502 Bad Gateway
- https://relay.0svc.com/inbox | 404 Not Found
- https://relay.blob.cat/inbox | 502 Bad Gateway
- https://relay.chaos.is/inbox | 404 Not Found
- https://relay.fedinoc.de/inbox | 404 Not Found
- https://relay.gidikroon.eu/inbox | 502 Bad Gatewayy
- https://relay.kemo.one/inbox | 525 No Reason Phrase (Cloudflare SSL handshake failed)
- https://relay.masto.tech/inbox | 404 Not Found
- https://relay.mastodon.fun/inbox | 404 Not Found
- https://relay.nazrin.moe/inbox | 502 Bad Gateway
- https://relay.shittyurl.org/inbox | 502 Bad Gateway
- https://relay.travnewmatic.com/inbox | 404 Not Found
- https://relay1.mastodon.ml/inbox | 502 Bad Gateway
- https://rrfarmbot.appspot.com/inbox | 500 Server Error
Mastodon is open-source, free software that allows users to establish their social networking sites. Since Mastodon is an emerging platform, there are many questions regarding the operation of Mastodon. To know, How to Add a Relay to Your Instance, read the entire article and share it with your friends. For more trending stuff, keep visiting Path of EX.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Relay on Instance?
Multiple servers subscribe to a relay. When a user posts a status, their server sends it to every server they have at least one follower on, and any relays the local server is subscribed to.
What does a Relay on Instance do?
The relay sends the message to every instance that subscribes to it. Those instances then ingest the message and will likely also fetch it directly from the original instance.