Are you the one who is trying your best to figure out the whole process of How to find diamonds in Minecraft 1.18? Diamonds tend to be one of the most relevant resources that you can manage to find in this sandbox game, which is exactly why it’s so important to learn How To Find Diamonds in Minecraft. With them, a whole new tier of tools can be crafted and you can even host new items with these diamonds. Our guide is here to help you in learning How to Find Diamonds in Minecraft?
Because of the new update of Minecraft 1.18, the process of How To Find Diamonds in Minecraft has changed in a lot of ways. You can obviously simply dig down or even explore a few caves and simply hope but the world generation of Minecraft now only follows a set of specific rules. These rules are the ones which tell you what are the most effective ways that one can go mining for diamonds.
As soon as you manage to find these shiny blue gems they can easily be crafted into possibly one of the best items in the whole game. For example the diamond ax or even the tough diamond chest plate. There is no doubt that you have to put a lot of effort into digging them but they aren’t that difficult, especially if you manage to figure out where to look. So let’s not waste any more minutes and move ahead with learning How to Find Diamonds in Minecraft.
How To Find Diamonds in Minecraft 1.18?
You would obviously need the correct tools before you embark on your caving or mining escapade for Finding the Diamonds in Minecraft. So, we’ve mentioned all the important ones for your ease.
The steps you need to follow and the equipment you require to figure out how to find diamonds in Minecraft has been mentioned below-
1. The most important item To Find Diamonds in Minecraft is a Pickaxe made of iron. You have to keep in mind the fact that only an iron pickaxe or better, can actually be utilized to straight-up mine diamond ore (better meaning gold, diamond, or netherite). In case you do try to mine diamonds with a stone or even a wood pickaxe, the block will straight up end up breaking but you would receive absolutely nothing.
2. To Find Diamonds in Minecraft, bring plenty of torches with you. Torches will light your path as you mine, making it more difficult for enemies to sneak up on you. Torches can even actually be made by simply stacking a piece of coal right on top of a stick.
3. In case you don’t find any torches while digging, you even have the option to make some by burning wood.
4. You’ll really need food to heal and obviously avoid starvation. Anything edible will suffice, but if you do happen to have the ability to simply cook steaks or even chickens before leaving, do so — because you never actually know when you may end up needing the extra health while finding Diamonds in Minecraft.
5. To Find Diamonds in Minecraft, extra weapons can come in handy in a pinch. While you have the option to use your pickaxe if necessary, undoubtedly actually having a good sword and even a shield is always preferable.
Where to Dig for Diamonds in Minecraft?
Every single Minecraft world is straight-up divided into a bunch of layers, something like altitude. You should know that the sea level in Minecraft is pretty much like layer 64, for instance. Even the world happens to go down to the layer -64z
Diamonds only happen to spawn at layer 15 and could possibly go even lower, and they end up getting more common the deeper you go.
But do keep it in mind that if you aren’t really sure about what layer you are exactly on, you have the option to check your coordinates. Both the versions have completely different keys for it.
For example in the Java version, you have the option to press F3 (or even Fn+F3 if you’re using a laptop)
In the Bedrock version, you have to open the settings menu and straight-up enable the Show Coordinates option.
How To Find Diamonds without Mining?
Although it is an extremely obvious fact that mining is undoubtedly the most surefire way in the entire process of how to find diamonds in Minecraft, you do actually have the option to find them pretty much absolutely mined out in the world.
You do have a small possibility that you could find diamonds even in the village treasure chests. You may even possibly end up just finding the diamonds right in the treasure chests of desert temples and mineshafts.
But you should know that the most obvious place to find them is in buried treasure chests. They are usually found on beaches completely buried underground. Explorer maps can be utilized to find the chests. You have to keep in mind the fact that they are usually discovered in underwater shipwrecks.
Ultimately, it is an unsaid fact that finding Diamonds is pure luck in Minecraft. There is a method to the exhausting madness though; only one Diamond vein will end up spawning per chunk (a chunk is 16×16 blocks) below Y=16, and that vein could be pretty much anywhere from 1-10 Diamonds long. So if you end up deciding to actually clear out an entire chunk, you are definitely guaranteed to end up finding Diamonds inside.
It’s true that it is indeed a lot of effort for a somewhat small reward though, even when you could just utilize a much more effective mining style like branch or strip mining. Either way, you have to manage finding enough Diamonds to simply kit yourself out and you’ll undoubtedly be the envy of the entire server.
I hope now you know How to Find Diamonds in Minecraft 1.18. Stay Connected for such insightful articles.