In Lords of the Fallen, the Book of Sin is a Quest item that you can get by exploring certain regions in the game. Some of the Lords of the Fallen NPCs have lasting questlines that go on till the end of the main game, including one NPC, called Exacter Dunmire, which asks you to find an item called the Book of Sin.
Throughout Lords of the Fallen, Exacter Dunmire asks you to find specific items and bring them to him, and the Book of Sin is one of those items. Although you can get help from sources like the Lords of the Fallen Discord server, why bother if you can easily find the Book of Sin using my article?
Let’s go further and see why are you being asked to get all these items in Lords of the Fallen and what you do with them in the Hallowed Sentinal Quest. Let’s take a look at what Exacter Dunmire wants from us and how to find the Book of Sin in Lords of the Fallen.
In This Article
What is the Significance of the Book of Sin in Lords of the Fallen?
Book of Sin is a special, unique item in Lords of the Fallen that is wrapped with interesting tales and full of secrets. It is a part of Hallowed Sentinal Quest, where a player has to find its location and retrieve it.
After you have retrieved it, you must hand it over to Exacter Dunmire and complete the quest. Let’s go further and learn where is this Book of Sin located.
Where is the Book of Sin Located in Lords of the Fallen?
Well, it is not an easy task to locate the book of the Sin in Lords of the Fallen. It is a long but very important journey of the Hallowed Sentinal Quest. Here, you would have to wander around the Pilgrim’s Perch in the Umbral Realm, and it begins from the Vestige of Blind Agatha checkpoint. Now, before I spill the beans here, go on for a detailed step-by-step procedure.
Steps to Locate the Book of Sin in Lords of the Fallen:
- Start from the Vestige of Blind Agatha checkpoint > and make your way through the Tunnels.
- Move along through this way and cross the enemies till you reach the scaffolding linked to the cliff’s side.
- Fight the enemies > jump the scaffolding, and head straight till you encounter a dead end with the enemy and add on your left.
- Move down the ladder and take the second one. Ensure that you are not in the Umbral Realm, or else you will die.
- Go into the other corner > take the ladder, and move upwards. From there, take the right turn and take the second ladder.
- From there, head straight across the narrow bridge and appear from the Umbral Realm.
- Move down from your left and kick a plank over. Just right after that, you will find an Umbral Flowerbed, where you can form your vestige checkpoint, known as Anchor Between Realms.
- From the Umbral Flowerbed checkpoint > return back over the Plank and move along the scaffolding beside the cliff until you reach the enemy and ladder beside the swinging bell.
- Either jump downwards or use the ladder and conquer the enemies.
- Once you reach down, head back into the Umbral Realm and unravel the route beside the scaffolding that leads down under it.
- You will find a bunch of eggs on the bone bridge.
- Move along the bunch under the scaffolding, and you will find the Umbral Belly with the Book of Sins.
Now that you have received the Book of Sin, you must give it to Exacter Dunmire. This will give you a few dialogues from the character and a chance to learn something about Hallowed Sentines lore from the book. However, won’t get any reward for returning the Book of Sin. You would have to return all eight quest items to Exacter Dunmire to finish ‘Expose the Hallowed Sentinels,’ and then you will earn Exacter armor and weapons in Lords of the Fallen.
You need to find the Book of Sin when the Exacter Dunmire asks you during the Hallowed Sentinal Quest from the Vestige of Blind Agatha checkpoint in The Umbral Realm. It might be hard to find the Book of Sin, seeing all the scaffolding it’s under, but it’s worth it!