There are gorgeous snow scenes across Worcestershire today (Monday December 28).
Kids have donned their wellies, hats and gloves to get out and play in this ‘White Christmas ‘ treat.
However, the weather did cause problems for those trying to travel on the roads with many bus and train delays and diversions in place.
The Met Office has said that the adverse weather conditions could remain in place until New Year’s Eve with yellow weather warnings of ice and snow on the roads.
Train and bus diversions
- First Bus service 35 – due to heavy snowfall this is currently unable to operate
- First Bus service 44 will be terminating at Barnards Green and missing out Great Malvern/Link Top
- First Bus Service 30 missing out Dines Green Estate.
- First Bus Service 144 from Birmingham to Worcester will start from Longbridge due to earlier weather related delays.
- Diamond Bus Services 42/3 in Kidderminster is experience severe delays due to the current weather conditions
- Diamond Bus Services 47/48 in Redditch is not be able to serve Littlewoods due to weather conditions.
Train services between Kidderminster and Stourbridge Junction and between Droitwich Spa and Bromsgrove have been affected by the snow and ice. Passengers are advised to check their routes before making their way to stations.
A statement from the Met Office’s Twitter account said: “A spell of rain will move into southern Wales and England on Wednesday, turning to snow in places and leaving a risk of ice”.
It says that between 2cm to 5cm of snow could fall in some areas. The Met Office has warned that snow and ice could cause delays or cancellations of train and bus services.
The weather conditions could also cause further delays on roads with some stranded vehicles and passengers, along with delayed or cancelled rail and air travel.