iPhones are the super studios in themselves. Be it capturing amazing shots or editing them, you can do it all with mere clicks. Is it possible? Yes, it is. Want to know how? Here are the Best Free Video Editing Apps for iPhone in 2022.
Well, You will find videos on almost all social media platforms. But not all videos available are liked by people. It might happen because of poor transitions or the low quality of the editing apps. And if you are doing that on a phone rather than a desktop, it becomes a little difficult.
7 Best Free Video Editing Apps For iPhone in 2022
No matter if you are intended to start your channel or a social media page all by yourself and want to have videos, you can do it with ease.
The best free video editing apps for iPhone can make your editing life super easy and handy. The name of apps along with their key points in a decreasing fashion are:
7. iMovie for iOS and iPadOS
iMovie is just a bam in the editing world when it comes to iOS.
Hey you know, there is no need of being a pro editor now. You can make Hollywood-style trailers and stunning 4k resolution movies. It is easier to use that can be shared with any platform right from the working app.
Features of iMovie; the best free video editing app for iPhone in 2022-
- You can directly import videos or pictures from several storage devices, iCloud, phone gallery, etc.
- It has 13+ creative video filters. You can add the filters to the individual clips or the whole of the movie with just one go.
- The advanced editing option allows the split screen, picture in picture, and green screen chroma key option for masking to give that extra edge to your clip.
- You can trim, crop, pinch, and seal the videos as per the need.
- It has got a media library with 80+ soundtracks to choose from.
- You can change the speed to create time-lapse and slow-motion videos.
- It is to work in harmony with the iPad version, you can edit videos on the iPhone and airdrop them to edit that on the iPad.
- The projects can directly be shared with a variety of platforms.
- Its mobile version is difficult than the iPad one.
- The text animation is not up to mark.
6. InShot – Video Editor
InShot is one of the preferred apps for video editing when it comes to smartphones.
It is a pro video editor. InShot has music, text, effect, blur, emoji but no crop option. It creates great videos in less duration.
Features of InShot; one of the best free video editing apps for iPhone in 2022-
- You can make share-worthy videos with its feature to adjust video brightness, contrast, saturation, etc.
- You can add music, text and affects the video.
- It has got pre-defined theme templates.
- You can blend the videos with 55+ transitions and add over 1000+ stickers.
- It can extract audio from video.
- Contains a lot of ads and has a watermark.
- Problematic to understand.
5. GoPro Quik: Video Editor
If are not a pro at editing, GoPro Quik is the best video editing app for you.
GoPro Quik is a fun and easy editing app for people who want to edit videos on the go. Just Capture the video, edit them with your fingertips, and share where ever you want. This app requires low effort but delivers high-impact results.
Its automatic mode does its magic. GoPro Quik finds the best moments, edits them of their own with amazing transitions into the loved momentary video. While the manual one allows you to do wonders according to your personal choice.
Features of GoPro Quik: Video Editor; one of the best free video editing apps for iPhone in 2022-
- You can edit videos using up to 75 videos or photos from your device, Go pro cloud, Google photos, Dropbox, etc.
- It even accepts motion pictures in different formats.
- The app has 23+ themes with lots of transitions and pre-defined graphics to add quality to the videos.
- You can customize your video with the options like a recorder, trim, and rotate photos.
- You can make your time-lapse and fast videos by adjusting the duration of the video slides.
- It has 100+ free songs in the library.
- You can import any song of your choice in the MP3, M4A, MOV, AAC, FLAC, AIFF &WAV format.
- It automatically finds the best pictures of 24hrs and creates a flashback for you to relive the moment.
- You can save and share videos in HD with 1080p/ 720p at 60fps.
- It doesn’t have the option to adjust the basic feature like brightness, sharpness, contrast, saturation, etc.
- It has some bugs that pop out at times.
The fifth preference that made up the list is the Magisto.
Magisto makes the editing world simple. It can make the videos in minutes with just three simple steps.
You can make eye-catchy mini-movies. Not only this, you can make videos, slideshows, and collages with crazy effects and music in little time.
Features of Magistro; one of the best free video editing apps for iPhone in 2022-
- This app automatically edits your media by adding beautiful graphics, effects, filters and music.
- This has facial recognition technology which works well while adding filters, effects and auto-cropping.
- The AI uses stabilization and object detection to give best results.
- You can make videos as well as slideshows up to 10 mins with pre-defined themes.
- It’s easy to edit videos with the cut, trim, merge and record options.
- You can add text and a lot of inbuilt stickers from the library.
- Its automated features are hard to control.
- Screen recording is not available.
- The VIP subscription is difficult to cancel.
3. KineMaster Video Editor
Kinemaster is the ultimate one among the best video editing apps for ios. It is used worldwide by journalists, educators, marketers, and bloggers.
KineMaster gives you the frame-to-frame editing option. You can easily reverse, blend, cut, and add high-quality music.
Features of KineMaster; one of the best free video editing apps for iPhone in 2022-
- You can add layers of videos, images, stickers, special effects and text.
- It has reverse, trim and splice option to work with ease.
- The music library, graphics and fonts are updated every week.
- This has got the colour adjustment tools to correct and enhance videos and image quality.
- You can use voice-overs, background music, voice changers and sound effects to increase the beauty of the video.
- It’s EQ preset, ducking and volume setting makes it look super easy for all.
- Unlike filmorago mobile versions, it supports the chroma key feature and gives an instant preview.
- You can export 4k/2160p videos at 30fps to any platform.
- Some users have reported exporting issues.
- Instigates its users to update for their paid version.
- The free version has watermarks.
2. Splice – Video Editor & Maker
Splice is a simple yet powerful tool to do video editing from the palm of your hands without any buzz.
Features of Splice; one of the best free video editing apps for iPhone in 2022-
- You can choose from several different background colors, orientation, transitions, styles, and more.
- It’s easy to cut, trim and crop your photo slideshows and video clips.
- You can adjust the speed of the video at your convenience.
- It allows the pan and zoom options.
- The media library has a huge variety of free music and sound effects to choose the background track for your videos. you can import music from your own iTunes collection.
- You can share directly to YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Mail, Messages, and more platforms along with the save draft option.
- The users reported a lack of stopping and exit of their own.
The ultimate video editing app that is best for iOS is LumaFusion.
LumaFusion is the most popular pro video editing tool. It offers you power at your fingertips to create videos of any length. This gives you Phenomenal results with an elegant UI.
The app is fully functional with tutorials, overlay helps in the app, and a detailed user guide helps you to be the pro in a short time with fewer problems.
Features of LumaFusion; one of the best free video editing apps for iPhone in 2022-
- You can create projects by screen recording or by editing the imported videos in any ratio either it be landscape, portrait, square, widescreen film.
- You can duplicate, color tag, add notes, sort your projects, and search them for easy management.
- It has dozens of royalty-free music, loops, sound fx, videos, and backgrounds to be used.
- You can have a desktop editing feel with its 6+ video/audio tracks for photos, videos, audio, titles, narration, music, and sound effects.
- Even it has the feature of previewing the project on an external monitor.
- You can create both time-lapse and smooth slow motion with 120 and 240fps files.
- It has useful color correction tools.
- You can add unlimited keyframes to animate any effect or color
- Some uses find it to have glitches at importing media files.
- Expensive in-app purchases
Price: General pricing is $29.99 and has in-App Purchases. The VIP access options include:
- Storyblocks Monthly – $9.99
- Storyblocks Yearly – $69.99
- FCPXML Export – $19.99
Note: Prices may change.
So, these are the top video editing apps for iPhone. If you are a beginner and want an easy app that will do your work automatically, then Quik is the best app for you. It is easy to use and a free tool.
That was all about this article on “7 Best Free Video Editing Apps For iPhone in 2022 | Learn Editing Easily”. If you found it informative then share it with your friends who want to learn video editing skills.