The LGBTQ community marks the celebration of Pride in June. This year is the 52nd year commemorating the event since its start in The United States. Currently, it is celebrated in many nations across the globe. We all know about the event, but we may be in the dark regarding the little secrets that started the Pride movement and how the campaign has evolved. Let’s look at the Pride month Trivia and learn more about Pride.
Pride is an essential part of History, and it does not only deal with the LGBTQ movement or the community as a whole. It may help you know how people have fought unitedly and come out about their gender preference to live freely. So, brush up your knowledge with the Pride month Trivia.
We have curated a Pride month trivia which we believe would tease your brain in knowing the History and the initiation of this movement.
Pride Month Trivia
1. What year were the Stonewall Riots?
2. Which country was first to lawfully establish same-sex marriage?
3. The Bisexual Pride Flag is comprised of which of the three colors?
Pink, purple, and blue.
4. What year was homosexuality decriminalized in the U.K.?
5. What does the ‘P’ stand for in transgender activists Marsha P. Johnson’s name?
‘Pay it no mind.’
6. Which U.S. politician was openly gay was fundamental in defeating Proposition six, which would have made it illegal for members of the queer community to teach in schools?
7. Now a famous talk show host, which T.V. personality played the first starring character on a T.V. sitcom to come out as a lesbian?
8. Who was the first gay person to win an Oscar?
Sir John Gielgud (1981)
9. Billy Porter made History, becoming the first gay black man to win an Emmy. What show did he win his Emmy?
10. Which city is the unofficial ‘gay capital’ of the U.K.?
11. Which country holds the record for the world’s largest pride parade?
12. What is Sir Elton John’s real name?
13. Which dance craze made mainstream by gay icon Madonna originated in the LGBT+ underground ball culture?
14. In 2016, which British Olympic team featured the first married, same-sex couple winning a gold medal?
The hockey team.
15. The Asexual Pride flag is composed of what color stripes?
Black, gray, white, and purple
16. What is Russell T Davies’ Channel 4 drama which was based in London in the 1980s?
It’s A Sin
17. What color is the ribbon that shows solidarity with people living with HIV/AIDS?
18. Which popular U.S. sitcom aired the first lesbian wedding on T.V.?
19. Who was the first-ever winner of RuPaul’s Drag Race?
BeBe Zahara Benet
20. What does LGBTQ+ stand for?
Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Queer plus
21. The Stonewall Inn is in which New York City neighborhood?
22. The Stonewall riots took place in June of what year?
23. The United States’ first Pride parade took place in what year?
24. Laura Jane Grace fronts which rock band?
25. Which former government team member became a pioneer of the LGBTQIA+ rights movement after being fired for being openly gay?
26. Taylor Swift mentions”GLAAD” in which of her songs?
“You Need to Calm Down”
27. Sylvia Rivera and Marsha P. Johnson led which activist group?
Street Transvestite Action Revolutionaries (S.T.A.R.)
28. Larry Kramer founded which AIDS activist group?
AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power (ACT-UP)
29. Who wrote Hedwig and the Angry Inch?
John Cameron Mitchell
30. Cyndi Lauper wrote the music for Kinky Boots based on whose book?
31. When was the first protest for gay and lesbian rights in Washington, D.C.?
July 4, 1965
32. What show features the longest-running LGTBQ character in T.V. history?
33. What was the first European country to legalize same-sex marriage?
34. What actress starred in Janelle Monáe’s “Pynk” music video?
35. The original Pride flag had three additional colors?
Pink, indigo, and turquoise
36. Who was the first openly gay man elected to public office in the United States?
37. Who played Harvey Milk in Milk?
38. What T.V. show featured the enormous transgender cast in History?
39. Who was the first openly black gay actor to win an Emmy?
40. Will & Grace premiered in what year?
41. The Mattachine Society organized what sort of protest at a New York City bar in 1966?
42. Tom Hanks won an Oscar for playing a gay man in what film?
43. Philadelphia added which two colors to their Pride flag in 2017?
Black and brown
44. Which state became the first to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples?
45. Which activist is often credited as the “Mother of Pride?”
46. Who was the first-ever winner of RuPaul’s Drag Race?
BeBe Zahara Benet
47. What T.V. show featured the first-ever openly gay character?
The Corner Bar
48. Which of The Golden Girls had a gay brother?
49. Which iconic writer was a member of The Order of Chaeronea?
50. When is National Coming Out Day in the United States?
51. Demi Lovato played a love interest for which Glee character?
52. To which actress did Ellen DeGeneres come out of the closet on Ellen?
53. Does Michael Scott forcefully kiss which character on The Office in a misguided effort to promote tolerance?
54. Who wrote the Tony-winning play focused on AIDS, Angels In America?
55. Who is credited with founding PFLAG?
Jeanne Manford is credited for founding PFLAG.
PLFAG stands for what? Parents, Family, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays
56. What show aired the first-ever lesbian wedding on American T.V.?
57. The first known lesbian rights organization in the United States was called what?
Daughters of Bilitis
58. What country currently holds the record for the biggest Pride parade ever?
59. What was the first gay rights organization formed after the Stonewall Riots?
Gay Liberation Front
60. Who designed the first Pride flag?
61. The Asexual Pride flag is composed of what color stripes?
Black, gray, white, purple
62. Which United States president signed a law banning discrimination in federal benefits?
President Barack Obama
63. Which poet’s work contained the first known written references to lesbian relationships?
64. What documentary depicted New York City’s drag ball life at the height of the AIDS crisis?
Paris Is Burning
65. The first gay bookstore in America was called what?
The Oscar Wilde Bookshop in New York City
66. The first known LBGTQ rights organization in America was called what?
Human Rights Society
67. Greg Louganis won Olympic gold in 1982 and 1984 for what sport?
68. What was Albert’s drag name in The Birdcage?
69. In what movie did Natasha Lyonne play a lesbian forced to go to a conversion therapy camp?
But I’m A Cheerleader
70. Why is the rainbow flag a symbol of LGBTQ pride?
Rainbows are a symbol of hope.
71. Why is Pride month celebrated in June in the United States?
Pride Month is celebrated in June to commemorate the Stonewall riots.
72. Which country holds the record for hosting the largest Pride parade in the world?
According to the Guinness World Records, São Paulo’s Pride Parade is the largest in the world.
73. Which U.S. Presidents have officially acknowledged Pride Month?
President Bill Clinton, President Barack Obama, and Joe Biden acknowledged Pride month.
The above list is regarding the vast number of facts and exciting events which has given Pride the dignity and respect it has earned today. Even the administration of the Powerhouses of the world has supported this movement. Hence, I feel the above Pride month Trivia has helped you add in some knowledge.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many colors are there in the Pride flag?
There are six colors in the Pride flag
Where did the first Pride march occur?
The first Pride March took place in the United States
When is Pride celebrated?
Pride is celebrated during June each year.