With more than 5,00,000 unbanked households in Florida, it becomes substantial financial trouble for the citizens and even the economy. In this era of the finest financial technology, owning a checking account is the basic necessity of life. But what if you are blacklisted by ChexSystems? The other option for you is No ChexSystems Banking / Second Chance Banking / Opportunity Banking in Florida.
For resuming financial life, Floridians need to have a checking account. Generally, it is a hassle-free step but that becomes a complicated one when you have a negative ChexSystems report. Opportunity Banking in Florida is like a pill to all of your financial worries. It lets you restart your banking and create a smooth history. But finding the right bank or credit union becomes extremely difficult, especially when you have multiple options with endless reviews.
However, Path of Ex has dropped down some of its top pick-pickups on the area of suitable second chance banks available in Florida.
Second Chance Banking / No ChexSystems Banking / Opportunity Banking in Florida
1. Chime Bank (Our Top Pick)
Chime is an internet-only financial technology company. It has the strong support of online banking and mobile banking today. From being accessible to every individual, irrespective of their race, credit check, banking history, sexual orientation, to providing them a safe and speedy banking system, it has made its way to be our top pickup in Opportunity Banking in Florida.
Chime Bank Details:
- Monthly fee/Annual service fee/Overdraft fee: NIL.
- Access to 60,000 + fee-free ATMs (available like Walgreens, 7-Eleven, CVS, and Pharmacy).
- Free Visa debit card.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Cash withdrawals at SpotMe ATMs.
- Round-up every purchase to the closest dollar and the extra amount is deposited to your savings account.
- Availability of High-security measures and good customer care service.
- No minimum deposit is required.
2. SoFi Bank
SoFi Bank is available in 50 states, has a Money Cash Management Account, and does not put its trust in ChexSystems for screening new checking accounts. It also offers a debit MasterCard, interest on all of the money in the account, and a smartphone application for Opportunity Banking in Florida.
Also, read Best Free Online Banks 2022 | Top 10 List
SoFi Bank Details:
- An additional $25 is deposited to the checking account if a minimum of $10 is deposited within 5 days of signing up (The sign-up process takes less than 1 minute)
- No account fee is charged.
- 55,000+ ATM networks accessibility within the Allpoint network.
- Reimbursable Out-of-network ATM fee.
- SoFi members are eligible for benefits like Free career coaching and financial advising.
- High-security measures and good customer care service availability.
- The minimum balance required: ZERO.
3. First American Bank
If you are one of those who is trying to regain its strength and doesn’t have many funds to resume banking, First American Bank’s fresh start checking account is for you. Fresh start checking account is another supreme option for your opportunity banking in Florida that does not require any minimum deposit balance and resumes your financial transactions in less than a year.
First American Bank details:
- The open account fee is $50.
- The monthly service charge is $9.95.
- Online banking and mobile banking are accessible to every account holder.
- Fee-free ATMs around the state.
- Can be upgraded to a standard checking account.
4. Acorns Bank
Acorns Banks is known for its bank smart and invest smarter plan. It makes second chance banking feasible and attractive to many citizens looking for opportunity banking in Florida. It is open to all and has a trustworthy financial system for bankers which has managed to expand its ways nationwide.
Acorns Bank Details:
- A good option for personal checking, investment, and retirement is a common digital platform.
- No hidden fee is charged as all of the spare money is used for investment purposes immediately.
- 55000 fee-free ATM networks are available nationally and around the world.
- FDIC-insured up to $ 250,000.
- Free transfers.
- Smart Deposit built-in as it invests your money before it is used for spending.
- Access to a visa debit card.
Another second chance bank we have for people in Florida is Go2Bank. It is an early direct deposit bank that is known for its cash-back offers on specific purchases. Go2Bank also lets its customers have access to their credit card services. accepting cash deposits from up to 90,000 Green Dot locations worldwide.
Go2 Bank Details:
- Cash deposits are accepted from up to 90,000 Green Dot locations around the world.
- Mobile banking and online banking are available.
- The monthly service charge of $5 is allowed to waive with a direct deposit of more than $500.
- Overdraft protection, although a fee of $15 can be charged if funds are not replaced within 24 hours.
6. Florida Credit Union
Florida Credit Union is an opportunity bank in Florida that uses TeleCheck for its screening and not ChexSystems. Value Checking Account of Florida Credit Union is a user-friendly option with none to fewer fee charges. It is accessible to all people living or working in 45 counties in north and central Florida.
Florida Credit Union details:
- Online Banking and mobile banking.
- A free visa debit card is included.
- The Minimum deposit requirement is zero.
- No monthly service fee is charged.
- 8 Out-of-network ATM fee is refundable per month.
- A free box of checks is granted
7. Navy Federal Credit Union Bank
Navy Federal Credit Union was founded by 7 Navy Department employees to create a safe space for their coworkers and their financial goals. It originated during the end of the Depression and decided to offer loans at acceptable rates.
Navy Federal Credit Union Bank Details :
- One-day early direct deposits.
- No minimum deposit is required.
- Holders of military direct deposits have relief from their monthly service charge.
- Access to 30,000 fee-free ATM networks, repayable out-of-network fees up to $20.
- Overdraft protection is available in three options: savings transfer, line of credit, or optional overdraft protection service.
- Active military, retired military, or reservists are allowed for free active-duty checking.
A negative ChexSystems report is held for a total of 5 years, which means resuming your old checking account is not possible until then. However, opportunity banking is a relief for Floridians.
It is highly advised to examine your options carefully before jumping into it as a second chance banking can be your way to create a new history of your banking transactions and revamp your credit score.
Have Good Banking!