OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – The Oklahoma City Fire Department received 500 Moderna coronavirus vaccines on Christmas Day to administer to fire department personnel.
Members of OKCFD’s COVID-19 Medical Unit will follow a schedule to administer the vaccines on December 26th, 27th and 28th.
Although 500 vaccines is not enough to cover every firefighter who wished to be vaccinated, OKCFD says it’s a positive start.
The delivery of the vaccines comes shortly after the passing of Major Andy Davis, a 20-year veteran of the fire department who lost his battle with COVID-19 on Christmas Eve.
Veteran Oklahoma City firefighter who exemplified excellence dies while battling COVID-19
Corporal A.J. Davis of Fire Station 6C, nephew of Major Andy Davis and son of Deputy Chief Tony Davis, was the first firefighter to be vaccinated.
- Mickey’s keys to beating the Eagles
- Investigators hold news conference on progress in Nashville explosion case
- Oklahoma City firefighters receive initial COVID-19 vaccines
- OSDH releases Christmas Day COVID numbers: 29 additional virus-related deaths, 3,955 new cases
- Great Christmas Weekend in the making! Watching next storm system out west!