Slime! The favorite toy of most kids but also a cause of trouble for most parents. This oozy substance can get stuck anywhere. From removing slime from hair to furniture, and everything in between, we have brought you the most effective solutions. This article on ‘How to Get Slime Out Of Clothes?’ is definitely going to be your go-to guide for removing slime.
Slime stains can take years to lighten and still be visible (from the other end of the world). You don’t want to see those stains around your house, Do you? It can be a special dress, a decorative wall, or even your expensive rugs. If God forbid, any of them gets a big patch of slime stuck to hit, we are here to save you from a heart attack.
If you are removing slime from clothes, check whether the slime is wet or dry, as there are different procedures to remove slime either way. You’ll need to make different solutions from everything you have at home. No need to call for external service.
Let’s not keep you waiting anymore. Quickly go through every solution and see what fits your situation perfectly. Stay Tuned!
How To Get Slime Out Of Everything | Tips For Parents
It is not that tough to get slime out of clothes or anything, you just have to be quick and smart. Follow these steps correctly. We have given a detailed explanation, multiple alternatives, and even tips that will come in handy in removing slime from literally anything.
Check out the list of things you will require to go through the process. You already have most of the things in your house, so you don’t need to buy anything special just for getting that oozy substance out of your life.
Things You’ll Need:
- Ice Cubes
- White Vinegar (or vinegar)
- Baking Soda
- Clean cloth pieces or towels
- Warm Water
- Brush (for rubbing slime out of the cloth or anything else)
- Vacuum Cleaner (Optional)
- Rubbing Alcohol (Optional)
- Spray Bottle (Optional)
- Distilled Water
- Dishwasher (Alternative)
How to Get Slime Out of Clothes?
The process to remove slime from clothes is not as tough as it seems. You can get slime out of clothes in only five minutes or so if you do the below-written steps correctly.
- With the help of a knife or something sharp, cut off the slime from the cloth.
- Use an ice cube to break down the Slime.
- Spray vinegar or any stain remover on the slime-affected area.
(You have to make sure you apply it all over the slime on your clothing)
- Rub the slime with a cloth to get it off.
- Soak the clothing in hot/warm water for 15 mins.
- Wash it like you normally wash your clothes.
- Air-dry the clothing.
How to Get Slime Out of Carpet | Removing Wet Slime
No matter how many times you forbid your kids to play around the carpets, they will do it. They are kids after all. This makes it important for you to know ‘How to get Slime out of Carpet?’. Here are all the easy steps-
- Take all the big clumps of slime off the carpet with a knife.
- Make a solution of vinegar with water (2:1) and pour it on the carpet.
- Use a brush strongly to scrub the slime.
- To wet the carpet, you’ll use a dry towel.
You can also repeat this process and apply more Vinegar solution on the carpet if required. You can make the ratio 3:1 if the slime is not getting out of the carpet.
How to Get Slime Out of Carpet | Removing Dry Slime
When slime dries, it gets stuck to every single fiber of the carpet. You can guess how bad it is. However, you can still remove it, the process adds a step or two, but it surely can be removed. How? Go through these steps-
- Remove the excess slime with the help of a knife.
- Take an ice cube and apply it to the slime stain on your carpet. Do it for 10 mins until slime becomes brittle.
- Gently pick up the slime off the carpet and use the same vinegar solution we applied in the above steps.
- Dab the solution and brush it till all the slime comes off.
- Use a Vacuum Cleaner on the area to clean all the left pieces of slime.
- Use rubbing alcohol on the carpet to remove any slime stains.
Also, check out Best Parenting Apps for Android 2021
Rubbing alcohol is a good alternative if you don’t have vinegar at your place right now. It not only removes slime but also removes the stains that are left behind, although, don’t use WD-40 as it will leave the carpet with an oily residue.
How to Get Slime Out of Furniture
One can take the pain of slime-stained clothes, but furniture. Noooo! Any homemaker would kill their children if that happened. (Just Kidding) I know my mom would (Not Kidding). But what if there’s actually some slime stuck on your furniture. How would you remove it?
Wait!! We have a solution for you too.
Follow these steps to remove slime from furniture-
Before you begin removing slime from furniture, make sure you DO NOT rub the stain right away. It will only worsen the process.
- Remove whatever amount of slime that you can. Do it with the help of a knife or a spoon.
- If there is a mark (stain), then use a small cloth dipped in distilled water to remove it.
Do not use mineral water (tap water) as it can leave water stains on your furniture. Also, preferably use a white cloth to rub because any colored cloth can bleed their color. Sure you don’t want that too.
Also, read Best Parenting Apps for iOS 2021
How to Get Slime Out of a Couch
If it is an upholstery you want to remove slime from, then there is only one thing you can do. Remove slime as much as you can with a spoon or a knife. But you never scrub it on the surface. Here is how you get slime out of a couch-
- Remove slime from the surface but you do not scrub it at all.
- Make a mixture of white vinegar and water in the ratio (2:3), and put it on the affected area with the help of a spray bottle.
- Let it get absorbed in the cloth of the couch.
- Softly use a brush to clean the slime.
(After cleaning slime, you need to get rid of the vinegar odor from your couch)
- Rub a plain cloth dipped into water to slowly scrub the area.
- Use a towel to dry the surface.
How to Remove Slime from Walls
Did your kid get slime on your walls? Ahh! Poor kid! Didn’t even know how much trouble it would bring to its parents. But, you don’t have to worry. The steps to ‘Remove Slime from Walls’ are easier than the other ones as slime gets off the hard surface easily.
But! But! But!
That doesn’t mean it doesn’t leave any stains. Slime leaves hard stains on walls and here is how you can remove it-
- Make a paste of Baking Soda and water.
- Add a little vinegar to the paste and mix well.
- Apply the paste on the wall and let it dry.
(Put towels on the floor to avoid any drippings from the wall)
- After the paste gets dried on the wall, clean it with a paper towel or tissues.
This should clean your wall, but what if your slime is dried up on the wall. What will you do now? You will mix detergent with water. Dip a clean cloth in the solution and rub it on the dried slime on the wall. You can try using stronger cleaning powders instead of detergent.
Check out the Best Parenting Apps 2021 for every parent out there
Tips To Get Slime Out of Everything!
When you see a slime spot on a wall or on the couch or on a cloth, you cannot help but begin the cleaning process right away.
You might be able to clean it completely, but if you miss the little details, it can leave a stain forever. To avoid that, here are the best tips for you to remove slime from everything.
- Do Not Panic
This is the last thing you want to do when you are trying to learn ‘How to Get Slime Out of Everything’. If your kid did it, scolding him/her will only make everything worse. Instead, you should calm down and be quick. That will only happen if there isn’t too much going on in your head.
Slime can be removed from almost everything, and if you follow these steps correctly you will never have any stains left.
- Don’t wash it right away
In most clothes and carpets, this rule is applicable. You never wash anything right after slime gets stuck to it. Trust me! It will be a nightmare removing slime from all over the clothes rather than removing it from a small corner.
You try to remove the excess as much as you can and use the above processes according to your fabric. Apply a solution that will take off the slime. But make sure you do not put it in your washing machine before trying any method.
Also, Read Best Kids Games for PC 2021
- Use Ice Cubes
Removing dry slime makes the process a little less messy as there are no squishy pieces of slime involved once it dries. Try to use ice on the surface. By applying ice on Slime, it will harden and that would make it easier for you to remove the slime piece (which now has become solid).
Use ice on Clothes, carpets, couches but not on fabrics that are too delicate.
- If you have nothing, use the dishwasher
If you do not have any of the cleaning products, like vinegar, baking soda, detergent, or even rubbing alcohol, you can still remove slime using your dishwasher.
Although it is not as strong as other cleaning agents, it will do the trick. Give it a shot as it can prove to be a good alternative if used correctly.
- Wash In The End
Now, after you have taken the slime out of your clothes or carpets or curtains. Whatever it is, we recommend you wash your item as you do in a washing routine. Firstly, it will help in removing the leftover small pieces of slime. Secondly, it will clean the stains.
So, it’s a win-win to wash your clothes and items at the end.
Where did your kid get it stuck, in its head or clothes? Or was it you who got slime stuck anywhere? Share your funny experiences with slime and we will love to hear from you. Truly!
Hope this article on ‘How to Get Slime Out Of Clothes?’ helped you. We have also given solutions for removing slime from a lot of other items, such as carpets, furniture, couch, and more. You can also share an article with your friends who are going to have a lot of trouble with their kids.
Have a Great Day!
Featured Image Credits: The Maids