Nowadays, herbs and healthy food are mostly preferred by lots of people. Yes, it is true that herbs will automatically increase your mental ability. And you can also add them to your cooking meals too. Most of them are used for better health and disease-free life.
Delicious herbs and better spices will automatically add some lovely taste to your healthy life with care and love. I know most of you don’t have enough time to spend doing gardening and all. But if you want to make your home beautiful with lots and lots of new things, you should try to add some herbs to your home.
Herbs can be grown indoors as anyone can plant them by applying some special tips like- watering, fertilization, care, love, sunlight, circulation, and temperature. With the help of these essential tips and tricks, you can quickly grow any of them at your home.
If you want to feel fresh and active all the time, then what are you waiting for?? Grab some herb seeds and plant them in your garden area or anywhere else, wherever you want. I am 1000% sure that you will feel awesome doing this activity in your free time.
How To Grow Herbs Indoors For Beginners?
Herbs… one of the most valuable plants with some advanced properties that are specifically used for medical purposes, fragrance, beauty products, and flavoring in food. You all can grow them in your garden area without making any extra effort.
Following are the best tips for you guys that will help you to add some herbal plants to your home.
- The first thing that you all should know is how much heat or sunlight is required for a particular plant to grow. Like if we are talking about herbs, they need maximum sunlight for better growth. Just imagine how cool it will look after some period? I think it’s fantastic.
- The second thing that you should know is how much temperature do herbs need?? Well, it requires a maximum 60-70 degree temperature to grow ideally.
- The third thing is watering. Most of you are familiar with this as water is the fundamental element to add for plant growth. These indoor herbs require water at least two times a day whenever they go dry.
- The fourth thing that you guys require is a simple and attractive pot for them. Why? The reason is it gives your plant full support for growth. And I suggest you guys use a self-made pot for more success.
- I think you guys should keep them in a separate pot as there is a very ample reason behind this activity. If you want to grow perfect herbs at your home, you need to create a better environment with multiple pots to grow with a lot of care and love.
- Fertilization is done whenever our herbs start growing with a good plantation. To keep your herb healthy and robust for a long time, you need to be very careful about planting techniques.
- Best soil and potting mixture is the primary and needful step that you should never forget. I know sometimes it’s difficult for you to take complete care of your indoor herbs. But it’s okay as other family members can watch it for you. Just keep reminding them, and your herb growth will automatically increase.
- For some moment, you need to provide better circulation for your herb growth. It will keep your plant always fresh and disease-free. However, there is a time when your herbs are no longer fresh due to lack of care. But, till then, you can accurately manage your gardening activity.
Herbs You Can Easily Grow At Your Home
Every single herb is different and has a unique taste as well. But, most of them are used for healthy cooking. Here, I have listed some of them that you can use in your daily activity. These are:-
- Curry leaves
- Chilli pepper
- Indian Sorrel
- Holy Basil
Top 5 best herbs that you can grow with less sunlight in any season(winter or summer)
- Mint:- Mint doesn’t require too much sunlight as it grows like an ana-spreading weed in the garden.
- Lemongrass:- You can quickly grow lemongrass with less sunlight and partial space. It only requires a suitable temperature with moist soil.
- Catnip:- This herb requires a lot of water for growth with less amount of sunlight. If you cut this herb for one time, it will automatically generate from its seed. How cool this is, man!!!!
- Chervil:- Chervil is one of the most adaptive herbs that require 60-70 degree temperature and can be grown in less sunlight.
- Garden Cress:- Anyone can grow this simple herb very easily. It only requires a good atmosphere with less sunlight. You guys can cut this herb 3-4 times for more growth ahead.
Herbs and plants always make your home very attractive and fresh all the time. They can quickly grab anyone’s attention and make them feel active and happy. I want to say that indoor herbs are pretty good as they can adapt to any condition, environment, and healthy atmosphere.
Do share your views in the comment box.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I start Herbs Indoors?
First you need a peat-based soil-less seed and a simple container. Then, you put that seed inside the container with soil and water as much required. Then, do some small holes in your container for root spreading and wait for few days to see the result.
Which herbs grow best indoors?
Following are the top 4 herbs that grow fast indoors:-
What herbs don t need sunlight?
The herbs like- Chervil, Chives, Cilantro, Mint, Parsley, Lemon balm, Oregano, and Sweet cicely.
Feature Image Credits:- The Herb Exchange