Applying to colleges can never be an easy task, especially when the competition is high and the future is at stake. If you are also looking forward to studying in Texas, then you must follow this list of the easiest colleges to get into in Texas. It is also important to make a good college admission essay, which will not leave the admissions committee indifferent.
Texas is a hub of great colleges. Getting a chance to study in one of the best colleges in the states is a blessing. You get to work hard on your dream and ambition. However, choosing between so many great schools can be a little hard!
The list of the easiest colleges to get into Texas includes:
- Angelo State University
- Lamar University
- Midwestern State University
- Prairie View A & M University
- Sam Houston State University
- Stephen F Austin State University
- Sul Ross State University
- Texas State University
- Texas Woman’s University
Without wasting more time, let’s get into the details of these schools. Read further to know more about the acceptance rate of the colleges.
Top Easiest Colleges to Get into in Texas (High Acceptancy Rate)
1. Angelo State University
- Acceptance Rate: 73.24%
- Applicants Applied: 4,200
- Applicants Admitted: 3,076
Angelo State University was founded in 1928. Angelo State University is a public University in San Angelo, Texas. The university offers over 100 bachelor’s, 33 master’s, and one research program. The university is ranked in the top 10 up-and-coming regional universities by the U.S. News and World Report.
Also, read Hardest Colleges to Get Into in Texas
2. Lamar University
- Acceptance Rate: 32.06%
- Applicants Applied: 5,486
- Applicants Admitted: 4,626
The university is working since 1995. Lamar University is a public university in Beaumont, Texas. The Lamar University offers around 96 undergraduate, 50 masters, and eight research programs. The university has seven different academic colleges:
- The College of Engineering
- The College of Education and Human Development
- The College of Graduate Studies
- The College of Business
- The College of Fine Arts and Communication
- The College of Arts and Sciences
- The Reaud Honors College
3. Midwestern State University
- Acceptance Rate: 34.77%
- Applicants Applied: 3,630
- Applicants Admitted: 2,580
Midwestern State University is one of the four independent public universities in Wichita Falls, Texas. The University was founded in 1922. The university offers 16 undergraduate programs in 43 majors and 30 minor subjects; 9 graduate programs in 28 majors and 15 minor subjects. The university also has its own newspaper: The Wichitan.
Also, read 19 Best Economics Schools In Texas
4. Prairie View A & M University
- Acceptance Rate: 40.91%
- Applicants Applied: 7,158
- Applicants Admitted: 5,321
The Prairie View A & M University was founded in 1876. The Prairie View A&M University is a public historically black university in Prairie View, Texas. The university has many different courses and programs through nine different colleges:
- Nathelyne A. Kennedy College of Architecture
- College of Agriculture and Human Sciences
- Marvin and June Brailsford College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business
- Whitlow R. Green College of Education
- Roy G. Perry College of Engineering
- College of Juvenile Justice and Psychology
- College of Nursing
- Office of Graduate Studies
5. Sam Houston State University
- Acceptance Rate: 31.06%
- Applicants Applied: 11,819
- Applicants Admitted: 9,283
The Sam Houston State University was founded in 1879. The Sam Houston State University is a public university in Huntsville, Texas. The university offers more than 80 undergraduate programs, 59 master’s, and 10 research programs. The university has various departments and schools that offer various courses.
- College of Business Administration
- College of Criminal Justice
- College of Education
- College of Arts and Media
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- College of Sciences & Engineering Technology
- College of Osteopathic Medicine
6. Stephen F Austin State University
- Acceptance Rate: 30.14%
- Applicants Applied: 10,862
- Applicants Admitted: 5,743
The Stephen F Austin State University was established in 1923 as a teachers’ college. Stephen F Austin State University is a public university in Nacogdoches, Texas. The university offers 80 undergraduate programs, 60 graduate programs, and three research programs.
7. Sul Ross State University
- Acceptance Rate: 44.22%
- Applicants Applied: 785
- Applicants Applied: 778
Sul Ross State University is a public university in Alpine, Texas. The university was founded in 1917 and made a university in 1969. The university is named after governor Lawrence Sullivan Ross. The university offers many courses and programs as well as good research programs.
Also, read Best Liberal Arts Colleges in Texas 2021
8. Texas State University
- Acceptance Rate: 54.26%
- Applicants Applied: 24,923
- Applicants Admitted: 17,280
Texas State University was established in 1899 and it is a public research university in San Marcos, Texas. One of the best universities in the country offers various courses and programs. The university has 10 academic colleges that cover all and every field. The alumni of the university are attractive stars. 36th President of the United States Lyndon B. Johnson was an alumnus of the Texas State University.
9. Texas Woman’s University
- Acceptance Rate: 25.03%
- Applicants Applied: 5,727
- Application Admitted: 4,971
The Texas Woman’s University was founded in 1901. The university has been co-educational since 1994. The university has six different colleges affiliated with it, that specialize in various fields like Business, Nursing, Health Sciences, etc.
This was the list of the top 9 easiest colleges to get into Texas. Conduct thorough research about each of the colleges before choosing the right one for yourself. I hope this list helps you in some way. If there is any other college that should have been on the list, then please let us know in the comment section below. Also, share this article with your friends and family. Stay connected for more such content
Have a great day and an amazing life!
Feature Image Credits: WFAA-TV