CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A Watkins Elementary School student tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday. Chesterfield County Public Schools notified families of the case on the same day.
Coronavirus update: More than 1,000 new COVID-19 cases reported in Virginia
The student has not take a COVID-19 test yet but according to the announcement from CCPS, doctors felt there were enough “reasons related to family health” to diagnose the student.
The school district cannot provide the name or grade level of the student. CCPS says they do not think the student was infectious while in the school building.
- Great 8 Weekend Events: Apple picking, Halloween Harvest, Tailgates and more
- President Trump tweets fake Twitter sabotage story
- COVID-19 case surge: Here’s where your state stacks up
- Indianapolis Colts say ‘several individuals’ have tested positive for the coronavirus
- Trump praises task force for killing suspect, says they did not want to arrest him