If word games are your companions for free time, then we have a great deal of amazing word games for you. In this article, you will find the best word games for Android, iOS, and PC.
Word games are brain-simulating and mind games. You can spend a very good amount of time playing word games. Word games are for all ages. We have curated a list of the best word games that you must play.
The list of the Top Word Games include:
- Sticky Terms
- Bonza Word Puzzle
- Alphabear 2
- Spell Tower
- Words with Friends 2
- Four Letters
- Text Twist 2
- Word Cookies
- Word Connect
- Wordament for Windows
The above-mentioned games are the best word games on the internet. You can easily download these games from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store. Read further to know more about these amazing word games.
Best Word Games 2021
Read along with the list to find the best word game for yourself. These games are not only fun to play but also good to improve your language skills.
Scrabble has been one of the most widely played games all over the world. People have connected and bonded over this Word game. Almost every family has had a scrabble night. Living up to the tradition, Scrabble is now available for you to download and play on your Android devices. The gaming app has recently been released, in early 2020, and is more colorful and fun than the basic scrabble that you might’ve played.
- The app is colorful and vibrant.
- It is more challenging due to the integration of timers, prizes, and certain in-app currency.
- It can be played in levels. Once you clear one level, you move forward.
- Sync the game with Facebook to update friends of progress.
- You have to scrabble the letter tiles and form meaningful words.
- This game can be played multiplayer.
2. Sticky Terms
This is a tricky yet an easy to understand game. In sticky terms, you are provided with some tactical puzzle pieces that you have put back into the right place. You will have to create a phrase in the game that has no direct equivalent in some other language. This game is a beautiful amalgamation for someone who loves word games as much as they love puzzles. It is not just a game of anagrams but requires you to piece back together with words from their parts. It is due to this reason that the game can appear challenging at first.
- It is a blend of Word game and Puzzle.
- Smart controls and beautiful typography has attracted a lot of gamers.
- The game is also recognized for being informative.
- Sticky Terms provides you with the meaning of the phrase you have just put together for your better understanding.
- The ads in the game are not very frequent.
- A lot of users have urged the developers to introduce audios in the game so that they can also find out what the phrases sound like in a different language.
This is one of the most popular word games. It challenges your mind and tries to find out how eloquent your vocabulary is. This word game has been downloaded by more than 10 million users worldwide. With daily brain challenges, even with unlimited time, this is a challenging game to follow. You will get a mix of alphabets at the bottom of the screen.
You then have to swipe to form meaningful words. The words you form should fill in the crossword section of the level. The main goal of this word game online is for you to create words that fit rather than randomly creating word combinations.
- You can visit different destinations on the app.
- Find some hidden words to express your vocabulary better.
- The app has more than 6000 crossword puzzles.
- This game begins easy, but soon gains pace and gets difficult with each passing level.
- You get unlimited tries to beat one level.
- It is an anagram game.
- With no timer, this game is more fun and relaxing.
4. Bonza Word Puzzle
Bonza Word Puzzle gives the players jumbled letters that they have to use to form a meaningful word. It is one of the classic word games. This game mixes word search with trivia. With a new puzzle every day, it is sure to keep you entertained. Arrange the words by sliding them and form different words to connect the puzzle pieces.
Despite being known as a classics, this game has very carefully added modern elements into it. The game begins with two puzzle packs for free. As you gain points in the game, you can unlock the other puzzle packs. The early levels are easy to follow but as you progress, the difficulty level only increases.
- There are new puzzles everyday. Some are based on daily events while others are created by the Bonza Word Puzzle team.
- You can create your puzzles.
- Share your created puzzles with your friends and challenge them.
- There are no limited moves or timers.
- The app has a clean design that makes scrolling tiles very easy.
- You can get hints in the game by looking at ads.
- Start and pause the game anytime. The progress is stored.
This is one of the most interesting word games. You find yourself as a witch who is trying to climb up the Spellspire. The catch is that there are monsters who are trying to stop you from climbing up by throwing in some obstacles. The mix of magic with word synchronization makes the game even more interesting. You have to throw the words in the form of spells to climb higher. Small words give way to a small spell and the bigger words will have a huge impact on your enemies.
- Pick up letters to form meaningful words.
- You can buy gold in the game to unlock more levels.
- Take the help of your Facebook Friends to beat the enemies in the game.
- This game is a mix of word games and RPG.
6. Alphabear 2
Alphabear is a sequel to the Alphabear word game series that initially came out in 2015. This game mixes anagrams and characters of a bear to make it more interesting and give it a good look. The game takes place on a grid where you have to arrange the letters to form a word. As the letters empty from the grid, it is replaced by a cute-looking bear. The more letters you use, the bigger the Bear becomes and the more points you earn.
- Interesting interface and graphics.
- Unique playing field.
- Alphabear 2 is as informative as it is interesting. It has a lot of educational content live on it.
- There are timed levels in the game.
- You will have to collect the bears in the game to get advanced bonuses.
- Be creative with the words you make and you’re most likely to win sooner.
- Very interactive interface.
7. Spell Tower
Spell Tower is another of the most loved word games. Select the adjacent tiles on the grid to form meaningful words. You have to be quick while forming words in the word game. If the grid reaches the top the game is automatically lost. With every word you make, another comes up from the bottom, so you have to be quick with your word making on this word game for iOS devices. You can make a mix of big words and small words depending upon which you will be awarded scores.
- Make small words to make way for bigger ones.
- Score as much as you can from 140 tiles.
- You can compete with anyone for identical daily puzzles.
- The game is available in various modes. Choose the one that you wish to play at any time.
- In the Super Tower mode of the game, score the highest from the available 432 tiles on the grid.
- Find leaderboards and achievements for every level of the game.
8. Words with Friends 2
Words with Friends 2 is one of the most popular word games for ios. This game is like Scrabble but also better than the last installment of the series. It is widely loved for its user-interface and interactive nature. This game comes with several modes, so you can choose accordingly. The new Lighting Round on the app can be used to check yourself and understand how good your vocabulary is. You can also play this game in team mode and take part in many challenges. You will have to spell out the words using tiles and become the ultimate wordsmith.
- You can challenge your friends and family for this word game.
- Every 6 weeks, a new theme is released.
- Play the game in various modes and find out how well you can play under pressure.
- By using the best words, you can unlock certain bonuses and exclusive rewards.
- Play the Mini-game events to get extended prizes.
LetterPress is a two-person game. It lets you arrange words on a 5*5 grid. It is a very interesting take on a word game. It is unique and is often considered a more intense version of Boggle. It is like an amalgamation of Boggle with Anagrams, so the users are most excited about it. Battle and taking over the opponent’s field – while protecting your field of play, is what makes this word game all the more exciting and fun. The game comes with Oxford Dictionary and bad words calculation. You can also use the stats to check your game progress.
- This word game is loved for its inquisitive design.
- Compete with your friends or one of the bots.
- You can chat with other players in the game.
- Custom groups can be made on the app so that no other players in your group.
- The dictionary in the game helps you with your word-building further.
10. Four Letters
Four Letters is one of the most unique word games. It is easy yet difficult to play. The gameplay completely compliments the title of this word game app. You are provided with just four letters and by using different combinations, you have to form meaningful words. You have to form different combinations of four-letter words to get maximum points. The faster you make words, the better your score is.
- Check your score on the leaderboard to keep a track of your progress.
- The app has a dictionary where you can find all the word combinations you’ve made so far.
- Multiple combinations can be made from four letters.
- The faster you make the words, the better your score is.
Bookworm is a form of a puzzle word game. On the grid provided, you have to form multiple word combinations. As you form the word and submit it, the letters are automatically deleted from the grid. Keep making the words to score more in the game. The bigger the words are, the more points you get. You will have to click on the submit button for the app to register the word that you have made. Also, be careful while playing that the words should not touch the bottom of the screen. Once that happens, the game is over.
- This word game app is available in 5 different types of tiles.
- There are no complex rules in the game.
- Form big words to get maximum points.
- The app automatically scrambles the letters if no word combination is found.
- You can manually ask for the system to shuffle the alphabet to facilitate better word-formation.
- There is a bonus word for each level. The more bonus words you form the bigger points you get.
12. Text Twist 2
Text Twist 2 is the next game in the Text twist series. It has a lot of similarities with the Text twist first installment. The main goal of the game is for you to make as many combinations as you can form. This game can be played by people of all age groups. You can make easy words as well as difficult ones as you seem fit. This word game will help you improve your grammar, enhance your vocabulary while also working on making you more responsive. Text twist 2 is the next step towards better English.
- This game comes with a timer.
- Find as many words as you can within a limited time.
- This word game has a full-screen playing mode so playing on your pc, you don’t have to strain your eyes.
- You are provided with random alphabets. You have to find out multiple word combinations from it.
13. Word Cookies
Word Cookies word game online is a mix of every other word game. It gives its users multiple challenges and events to participate in. The interesting interface of the app has attracted many. It tests your spelling and vocabulary at the same time. Some random alphabets are present in the form of a cookie plate. Maker various word combinations to fit on the template provided. In case you happen to make a combination that isn’t a part of the template, it gets accumulated into the extra words tab.
- This game is entertaining as well as informative.
- Make 2 letter, 3 letter, and 4 letter words or even 5, if the level template demands so.
- It begins with easy combinations and then gets difficult with each level.
- Play every day to get daily rewards.
- This is a free word game, but you might have to watch ads or pay to get hints.
- There are more than 2000 levels, and the developers are adding more.
- The more extra words you find, the more coins you will get.
14. Word Connect
This game finds a place in Classic word games. You can download this game for free. You can swipe the letters and form meaningful words. The game has hints that can help you clear levels. Train your mind and re-build your vocabulary. The gameplay adheres to the name of the game and lets you connect alphabets. Find as many hidden words and get more points to unlock advanced features.
- Word Connect is powered by Oxford Dictionary.
- More than 12700 levels to play.
- Playing the game every day ensured daily rewards.
- You can use any of the 11 themes available on the app.
- Sync your game with Facebook and let your friends and family help you with the puzzles. They can also send you coins.
- This word game can be played in multiple modes. From easy to difficult, this game has it all for you.
15. Wordament for Windows
Wordament can be played as a single person or multiplayer. If you are playing a single-player you can make use of many features. This game comes with a level that has no timer. The daily challenges keep the game updated and give you more to play. Adventure maps of the game let you keep a track of the levels you have cleared and yet to conquer. Earn badges by beating levels and reach higher.
- You can jump into your favorite mode by using the Quick Play model.
- It is like a continuous world tournament where you can play with multiple online players and compete with them.
- Find extra words and score big.
- There are multiple rounds in the game.
- In some rounds, you have to create theme words, while others ask you to create a two or three lettered word.
- The app offers rich statistics.
- Get to know about your best-found word.
- There are multiple ways to win the game – from finding big words, forming words faster, finding unique words.
- Leaderboards will help you see who is on top at a particular hour or even day.
These were the best word games that you can play on your Android devices, iOS devices and your PC. It is hard to choose one best among all the games. We at Pathofex loved each and every game and had so much fun. We would recommend you to try all the games at least once and then choose the best for yourself.
Feature Image Credits: Good Housekeeping