iPhones are the super studios in themselves. Be it capturing amazing shots or edit them, you can do it all with mere clicks. Is it possible? Yes, it is. Want to know how? If that’s a yes, then here are the best video editing apps for iOS.
Well, You will find videos on almost all social media platforms. But not all videos available are liked by people. It might happen because of poor transitions or the low quality of the editing apps. And if you are doing that on a phone rather than a desktop, it becomes a little difficult.
No matter if you are intended to start your channel or a social media page all by yourself and want to have videos, you can do it with ease. So, if you own an iPhone and want to do video editing on your device, then LumaFusion, Splice, Kinemaster, Magisto, Quik, Inshot, and iMovies are the best editing apps for iOS that you can give a try.
But why these are the best ones among so many available options. Let us have a look at their features, lacks, app store ratings, and why professionals prefer them by the medium of this post.
Best Video Editing Apps For iOS 2021
The top video editing apps for iOS can make your editing life super easy and handy. The name of apps along with their key points in a decreasing fashion are:
Why iMovie is one of the best video editing apps for iOS?
iMovies is just a bam in the editing world when it comes to iOS.
Hey you know, there is no need of being a pro editor now. You can make Hollywood style trailers and stunning 4k resolution movies. It is easier to use that can be shared with any platform right from the working app.
This app is easy to use, yet performs drastically well because of several features. The key features are:
- You can directly import videos or pictures from several storage devices, iCloud, phone gallery, etc.
- It has 13+ creative video filters. You can add the filters to the individual clips or the whole of the movie with just one go.
- The advanced editing option allows the split screen, picture in picture, and green screen chroma key option for masking to give that extra edge to your clip.
- You can trim, crop, pinch, and seal the videos as per the need.
- It has got a media library with 80+ soundtracks to choose from.
- You can change the speed to create time-lapse and slow-motion videos.
- It is to work in harmony with the iPad version, you can edit videos on the iPhone and airdrop them to edit that on the iPad.
- The projects can directly be shared with a variety of platforms.
Though it is loved by its users, it has drawbacks as well and these are:
- Its mobile version is difficult than the iPad one.
- The text animation is not up to mark.
App Store Rating: iMovie has a rating of 4.0 out of 5.
The app is good for high-end professional videography even if you have no prior knowledge of a lot of tutorials.
Price: It is a free tool to use.
Why Inshot is one of the best video editing apps for iOS?
Inshot is one of the preferred apps for video editing when it comes to smartphones.
It is a pro video editor. Inshot has music, text, effect, blur, emoji but no crop option. It creates great videos in less duration.
Inshot have made editing easy with its features that include:
- You can make share-worthy videos with its feature to adjust video brightness, contrast, saturation, etc.
- You can add music, text and affects the video.
- It has got pre-defined theme templates.
- You can blend the videos with 55+ transitions and add over 1000+ stickers.
- It can extract audio from video.
With the positives, it had some negatives as well and these are:
- You cannot crop your videos.
- Contains a lot of ads and has a watermark.
- Problematic to understand.
App Store Rating: This app has got a rating of 4.8 out of 5 with 8M+ reviews and 100M+ downloads.
According to the professionals, this app is good for short videos for Instagram stories or Facebook.
Why Quik is one of the best video editing apps for iOS?
If are not a pro at editing, Quik is the best video editing app for you.
Quik is a fun and easy editing app for people who want to edit videos on the go. Just Capture the video, edit them with your fingertips and share where ever you want. This app requires low effort but delivers high-impact results.
Its automatic mode does its magic. Quik finds the best moments, edits them of their own with amazing transitions into the loved momentary video. While the manual one allows you to do wonders according to your personal choice.
Quik has got several surprising features that make your common videos look professional.
- You can edit videos using up to 75 videos or photos from your device, Go pro cloud, Google photos, Dropbox, etc.
- It even accepts motion pictures in different formats.
- The app has 23+ themes with lots of transitions and pre-defined graphics to add quality to the videos.
- You can customize your video with the options like a recorder, trim, and rotate photos.
- You can make your time-lapse and fast videos by adjusting the duration of the video slides.
- It has 100+ free songs in the library.
- You can import any song of your choice in the MP3, M4A, MOV, AAC, FLAC, AIFF &WAV format.
- It automatically finds the best pictures of 24hrs and creates a flashback for you to relive the moment.
- You can save and share videos in HD with 1080p/ 720p at 60fps.
The major drawbacks that make it a little disappointing are:
- It doesn’t have the option to adjust the basic feature like brightness, sharpness, contrast, saturation, etc.
- It has some bugs that pop out at times.
App Store Rating: Quik has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 by its trusted users.
According to professionals, this app is extremely suitable for beginners. If you are someone who wants to automatically edit videos quicker, then you must go for this app.
Price: It is free to download and doesn’t have any in-app purchases.
Why Magisto is one of the best video editing apps for iOS?
The fifth preference that made up the list is the Magisto.
Magisto makes the editing world simple. It can make the videos in minutes with just three simple steps.
You can make eye-catchy mini-movies. Not only this, you can make videos, slideshows, and collages with crazy effects and music in little time.
Magisto is almost an automatic app and has several great features, which are:
- This app automatically edits your media by adding beautiful graphics, effects, filters and music.
- This has facial recognition technology which works well while adding filters, effects and auto-cropping.
- The AI uses stabilization and object detection to give best results.
- You can make videos as well as slideshows up to 10 mins with pre-defined themes.
- It’s easy to edit videos with the cut, trim, merge and record options.
- You can add text and a lot of inbuilt stickers from the library.
Being an automatic app, the Magisto has got some lacks and these are:
- Its automated features are hard to control.
- Screen recording is not available.
- The VIP subscription is difficult to cancel.
App Store Rating: Magisto holds a rating of 4.7 on the apple app store out of 5.
This app cannot be taken into consideration if you need long professional videos. Straight so, you can use it if you are a beginner or want isn’t a story in a short span.
Price: Magisto is a free app but has in-app purchases.
3. KineMaster Video Editor
Why Kine Master is one of the best video editing apps for iOS?
Kinemaster is the ultimate one among the best video editing apps for ios.
Kinemaster is used worldwide by journalists, educators, marketers, and bloggers.
It gives you the frame-to-frame editing option. You can easily reverse, blend, cut, and add high-quality music.
The top-grossing video editing app is easy to use with lots of editing features. These include:
- You can add layers of videos, images, stickers, special effects and text.
- It has reverse, trim and splice option to work with ease.
- The music library, graphics and fonts are updated every week.
- This has got the colour adjustment tools to correct and enhance videos and image quality.
- You can use voice-overs, background music, voice changers and sound effects to increase the beauty of the video.
- It’s EQ preset, ducking and volume setting makes it look super easy for all.
- Unlike filmorago mobile versions, it supports the chroma key feature and gives an instant preview.
- You can export 4k/2160p videos at 30fps to any platform.
Kinemaster has some lacks. These are:
- Some users have reported exporting issues.
- Instigates its users to update for their paid version.
- The free version has watermarks.
App Store Rating: The Apple app store users mark it to be one of the best video editing apps for iOS with 4.7 out of 5.
This app is suggested to all those who want to make video editing a profession or a hobby.
Price: It is free to use.
Why Splice is one of the best video editing apps for iOS?
Splice is a simple yet powerful tool to do video editing from the palm of your hands without any buzz.
Splice makes editing easy with fully customizable options. Its significant features are:
- You can choose from several different background colors, orientation, transitions, styles, and more.
- It’s easy to cut, trim and crop your photo slideshows and video clips.
- You can adjust the speed of the video at your convenience.
- It allows the pan and zoom options.
- The media library has a huge variety of free music and sound effects to choose the background track for your videos. you can import music from your own iTunes collection.
- You can share directly to YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Mail, Messages, and more platforms along with the save draft option.
The users reported a lack of stopping and exit of their own.
App Store Rating: Splice has a rating of 4.6 on a scale of 5.
This app is good to go app when it comes to the best editing apps for iOS. If you want to change the editing hobby into a profession you can start the journey with Slice.
Price: Free to use
Why LumaFusion is one of the best video editing apps for iOS?
The ultimate video editing app that is best for iOS is LumaFusion.
LumaFusion is the most popular pro video editing tool. It offers you power at your fingertips to create videos of any length. This gives you Phenomenal results with an elegant UI.
The app is fully functional with tutorials, overlay helps in the app, and a detailed user guide helps you to be the pro in a short time with fewer problems.
It is at the top of the list of the best editing apps for iOS because of its ease to use and incredible features. These are:
- You can create projects by screen recording or by editing the imported videos in any ratio either it be landscape, portrait, square, widescreen film.
- You can duplicate, color tag, add notes, sort your projects, and search them for easy management.
- It has dozens of royalty-free music, loops, sound fx, videos, and backgrounds to be used.
- You can have a desktop editing feel with its 6+ video/audio tracks for photos, videos, audio, titles, narration, music, and sound effects.
- Even it has the feature of previewing the project on an external monitor.
- You can create both time-lapse and smooth slow motion with 120 and 240fps files.
- It has useful color correction tools.
- You can add unlimited keyframes to animate any effect or color
Although this is the best editing apps for iOS, yet it has some drawbacks. Its lacks are:
- Some uses find it to have glitches at importing media files.
App Store Rating: The best video editing apps for iOS have 4.8 ratings out of 5.
This app is recommended to all who want to create good-quality videos with an iPhone. This app can turn your iPhone into a professional studio.
Price: General pricing is $29.99 and has in-App Purchases. The VIP access options include:
- Storyblocks Monthly – $9.99
- Storyblocks Yearly – $69.99
- FCPXML Export – $19.99
So, these are the top 7 editing apps for iOS of our choice. If you are a beginner and want an easy app that will do your work automatically, then Quik is the best app for you. It is easy to use and a free tool.
But if you are intended to make this a profession, then without a doubt you should go for Slice (the free one). And if money is not an issue, then LumaFusion is best for you.
Choose the best among these apps according to your needs and style of editing. And be ready to rock the editing world.