Smartphones work better with tools and utility apps. For your convenience and ease, I have brought a list of the best tools and utility apps for iOS that you must have.
With the help of a little research and personal experience, I have the best tools and utility apps for iOS. If you want to experience security, extra service and more the, make sure to select the right application for yourself.
The best tools and utility apps for iOS are:
- Near Lock
Read the article further to know more about the above-mentioned applications. These applications have varied features and services that can help you in countless ways.
Best Tools and Utility Apps for iOS
Below-mentioned are the best tools and utility apps for iOS. All these applications offers great features and services. Choose the best application that suits your requirements.
Klok is a world time converter widget that helps you stay on time with people you care about in different time zones.
Quickly glance and convert time by swiping down from anywhere, your phone doesn’t even have to be unlocked.
● Add the time zones you most commonly use
● Add the Klok widget so you can swipe down at any time to access
● Tap on a time zone and convert time instantly
● See the time converted across all time zones
2. Near Lock
Use your iPhone to lock and unlock your Mac automatically. When you walk away from your Mac, it will be automatically locked. Once you approach your workplace, Near Lock will unlock your Mac.
- locking and unlocking your Mac automatically – depends on the distance between your iPhone and your Mac
- easily set the distance on which your Mac should be locked or unlocked
- for additional security use your fingerprint (Touch ID), double knock, or Apple Watch for each Mac login authorization
- manually lock and unlock your Mac with your iPhone
- knock twice on your iPhone for a faster Mac login.
- take a picture and receive a notification when anyone tries to login into your Mac.
- track and see all recent Mac login and logout times.
- WiFi Unlock – keep your Mac unlocked while connected to your selected WiFi network (e.g. Home network)
- Clipboard – copy and paste text to and from your Mac
- Choose between sleep (hibernate) and screensaver when locking your Mac
- Receive a notification when your Mac is locked or unlocked
- Unlock your Mac directly with the iPhone’s interactive notifications – swipe left on received notifications
- Control your Mac through the iPhone Notification Center Widget – quickly lock and unlock your Mac from anywhere on your iOS device
- Control your audio: pause music when you log out, play when you log in – works with Spotify, QuickTime, VLC, iTunes
Authy brings the future of two-factor authentication to the convenience of your iPhone or iPad.
The Authy app generates secure 2 step verification tokens on your device. It helps you protect your account from hackers and hijackers by adding an additional layer of security.
Why Authy is the best multi factor authentication app:
– Secure Cloud Backups:
Did you lose your device and got locked out of all of your accounts? Authy provides secure cloud encrypted backups so you will never lose access to your tokens again. Apple uses the same algorithm banks and the NSA use to protect their information.
– Multi Device Synchronization:
Are your re-scanning all your QR codes just to add them to your tablet and smartphone? With Authy you can simply add devices to your account and all of your 2fa tokens will automatically synchronize.
Still, waiting for an SMS to arrive? do you travel constantly and lose access to your accounts? Authy generates secure tokens offline from the safety of your device, this way you can authenticate securely even when in airplane mode.
– All of your accounts:
It supports most major multi-factor authentication accounts including Facebook, Dropbox, Amazon, Gmail, and thousands of other providers. We also support 8 digit tokens.
Password: the password manager that’s as beautiful and simple as it is secure. Just add your passwords and let 1Password do the rest. Sign in to websites and apps with just a few taps, and use the password generator to change your passwords and make them stronger.
Everything you store in 1Password is protected by a Master Password that only you know. 1Password uses end-to-end encryption, so your data is only ever decrypted offline. The encryption keys never leave your device, and you are the only one who can see your passwords.
Also, read 8 Best Social Networking Apps for iOS 2021
- Unlock the app quickly and securely with Face ID
- Lock the app automatically to ensure your data is protected, even if your device is lost or stolen
- Use 1Password as your authenticator: store two-factor authentication codes and access them quickly when it’s time to sign in
- Get alerts when a site you use has been compromised and you need to change your passwords
Discord is your place to talk. Create a home for your communities and friends, where you can stay close and have fun over text, voice, and video. Whether you’re part of a school club, a gaming group, a worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time, Discord makes it easy to talk every day and hang out more often.
CREATE AN INVITE-ONLY PLACE TO TALK
• Organized text channels give you plenty of room to talk about. Share your latest cooking mishaps while coordinating next week’s game night, or just talk about your day without clogging up a group chat.
• Voice channels make hanging out easy. Grab a seat in a voice channel when you’re free. Friends can see you’re around and pop in to talk, without having to call.
• Reliable tech for staying close. Low latency voice and video feels like you’re in the same room.
STAY CLOSE WITH TEXT, VOICE, AND VIDEO
• Wave hello over video, watch friends stream their games, or gather up and have a drawing session with screen share.
• Turn any image into your own custom emojis and share them with friends.
• Share anything from a funny video to your latest group photos and pin your favorites to remember later.
These were some of the best tools and utility apps for iOS. Make sure to use them to the fullest and have a great time!
Feature Image Credits: TechRadar