There are many strategy games available on the internet. Out of the many, we have selected a list of 15 strategy games that you can play on Android devices, iOS devices as well as your PC.
The list of the top Strategy Games include:
- FTL: Faster than Light
- Half-Life 2
- Dark Souls III
- XCom 2
- Crusader Kings III
- Ticket to Ride
- Teeter Pro
- Unblock Me Free
- Candy Crush Saga
- Clash of Clans
- Flow Free
- Guardian Tales
- Overkill 3
- XCom 2 Collection
- Reigns: Her Majesty
The above-mentioned are the best strategy games available on the internet. You can easily download these games from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store. Read further to know more about the features, gameplay, pros, and cons of these games.
Best Strategy Games 2021
All the below listed games are real-time strategy games. If your calling is for strategies, then this list is for you. Choose and pick the best game for yourself.
1. FTL: Faster than Light
FLT: Faster than light is a space-based top-down real-time strategy rogue-like game. In this strategy game for Android, you control a spacecraft that is capable of traveling faster-than-light. You can choose a spacecraft with several systems rooms like engines, weapons, piloting, life support, etc as well as a crew. The best part of the game is that the game’s map and the obstacles are procedurally generated every time you start a new session.
- It has complex gameplay, so you have to strategize carefully.
- Pause it mid-make to look back at the strategies made.
- You can re-strategic for a faster win.
- Play the game at your speed.
- You have complete control in the game.
2. Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2 was released in 2004 as a first-person shooter game. It was developed and published by Valve. This game is one of the most revolutionary strategy games for PC in the industry. Half-Life 2 continues the story of the scientist Gordon Freeman, but in a very lightweight alternative for you to play. If you are looking for low-spec small size PC games, then this game will be more beneficial for you. The game has received many awards and recognition for its amazing graphics.
- The game comes with advanced physics.
- Half-Life 2 comes with praise-worthy graphics.
- You control a character named Gordon Freeman.
- The player begins the game empty handed. All the weapons and arsenal are collected with the passage of the game.
- The new feature of the game comes with detailed physics simulation to induce intrigue.
3. Dark Souls III
Dark Souls III is a game that is full of darkness. It gives proper horror vibes to anyone playing the game. If you are wondering how you can solve the game in darkness, you can make use of the magical powers of the game. You can use various weapons, armor, and consumables to give a tough fight and eventually beat your enemies. You can shield as well to protect yourself. The bonfires in the game are considered as the checkpoints. Ashes play an important role in the game. The magic is marked by the returning magic system of the Demon’s souls. But by spelling the magic, consumes the player’s focus points.
- Compete with different types of enemies.
- Each enemy has different powers.
- This game is very similar to the last edition, making it easier to understand.
- The game has maps to offer maximum exploration.
- The shield can be used as an extra weapon. It can also be used to deflect the actions of the enemies.
- Each weapon comes with two forms of attack, one is a standard attack and the other is a slightly more powerful version of it.
4. XCom 2
Xcom 2 is one of the extremely best strategy games for PC. It is a turn-based strategy game for PC. In this game, you can make use of all your strategies while also taking a break. It has all the best features from its previous version. In this game, you use various techniques to uncover the secrets of your enemy and defeat them. Learn their research, engineering, and military strategies to win over them. You can also use the human resources to get an upper hand during the gameplay. Monitoring this human power will be a little difficult than its last installment, and hence more challenging and fun to play.
- Use all your resources wisely in the game. Strategize when what weapon to use.
- Building a strong base is the most important in the game.
- In this game, you can travel all around the world.
- Go to different locations to set up cells, hunt for more resources to add to your collection, and also infiltrate some black sites.
- Search hidden, different locations for more powerful weapons.
- The best soldier you have, will not just be equipped with weapons, but will also act like an Avenger.
- Your characters are capable of sci-fi heroism in the game.
5. Crusader Kings III
Crusader Kings III is a blend of RPG and strategy games. This game has taken the world of gamers by a storm by offering the best graphics and features. In this game, you can command troops while also conquering empires. It is also one of the most realistic games, giving you a real-life experience of combat and regal life.
- Different characters in the game have different powers and duties.
- Each member of the dynasty will have an impact on your empire.
- The plans you make are also very important in the game.
- You need to strategize your battles well to win.
- It is not an easy game to understand, but the tutorials and toolkits are guidance enough.
6. Ticket to Ride
Ticket to Ride works on a concept that requires you to build a railroad in a very fun way. Users all over the world can compete with each other and compare their road-building skills. The app is fast to use and does not create a lot of havoc for the gamers. Strategize the best way to build roads to connect various cities to get points and move forward in the game. The bigger the road, the more points you are most likely to get in the game.
- You get a lot of changes in the app to gain multiple points.
- A generic game app, easy to understand and score in.
- The better strategies you make, the most likely it is for you to win the game.
- The app does not allow local multiplayer.
- The design of the app is a little crowded and hard to decipher.
7. Teeter Pro
If you are looking for a good game to play in your free time I would suggest Teeter Pro. With more than 15 million downloads, this is a very addicting labyrinth or maze game. You will find it for free on the Google play store. It will also not take a lot of your phone memory. Sometimes all you need a challenging type of game for refreshment. However, let’s see what else it will offer in the below points.
- Equipped with very high-quality graphics.
- Includes a challenging level system and you can also compete with other players.
- This strategy games offers more than 110 levels that you can play for free.
- It provides an easy and convenient in-game interface.
- Full-screen mode is available.
- Provides regular updates and Feature integration.
8. Unblock Me Free
No matter what age group you belong to, this is a free family game that anyone can play. From a young child to a teenager, to an adult, anyone can indulge in this Strategy game for Android. It helps improve your cognitive & problem-solving skills. The game is not big in size but mighty in puzzles. Exercise your brain with over 18,000 puzzles. Choose from 4 challenging modes; Relax, Challenge, Multiplayer, or Daily.
- This Strategy Game is available with no time limit in the relax mode.
- You can enjoy playing in both the single and multiplayer modes.
- Providing over 18,000 puzzles for you to play.
- You can play this game with 4 different modes.
- Provides daily rewards and tasks to complete.
- Offers over 21 exciting achievements
9. Candy Crush Saga
Candy crush saga is one of the best matching strategy games. In this game, you have to Match 3 or more candies of the same color and create little miracle candies out of them! This game offers more than 7,500 levels so you never have to worry about running out of challenges. As you win one game, there is already another waiting for you.
- Switch and match Candies to win a level.
- Solve easy to difficult puzzles with your unique moves.
- Get rewarded with delicious rainbow-colored cascades and other beneficial candy combos!
- Plan your moves by matching 3 or more candies in a row/column.
- The bigger combinations you make, the more boosters you can get to easily win the game.
- There is no endpoint to this game.
- Blast the chocolate and collect sweet candies as you move across thousands of levels which will leave you dumbstruck!
10. Clash of Clans
Clash of clans is one of the most famous Strategy games. It is a mobile war-strategy game available for all android devices. An animated game that lets you play with your friends at several locations to save the village from the enemies. You can compete with people all over the globe to upgrade yourself. In this game, you can become heroes like the Barbarian King, Archer Queen, Grand Warden, Royal Champion, and Battle Machine. Its leagues are great and act as a great way to test your super skills. and can share your progress all over the globe and makes others jealous of your performance.
- Each clan can customize its batch and draw a distinction.
- You can compete with the best players from across the world.
- Collect weapons and steal the loot from other players to upgrade your Village and turn it into an empire.
- Save your village from enemy attacks with a multitude of Towers, Cannons, Bombs, Traps, Mortars, and Walls.
- Research upgrades in your Laboratory to make your Troops, Spells, and Siege Machines even more powerful and dazzling!
- Create your own custom PVP experiences through Friendly Challenges and Friendly Wars.
- Watch Clanmates attack and defend in real-time as a spectator or check out the video replays.
11. Flow Free
Flow free lets you connect matching colors with the pipes to create a Flow. You just have to Pair all colors and cover the entire board to solve each puzzle. But be careful, the pipes will break if they cross or overlap. Strategize your game well so that you can finish it in the best possible way. In this game, you can free play through hundreds of levels, or race against the clock in Time Trial mode. Gameplay ranges from simple and relaxed, to challenging, and everywhere in between. How you play is up to you.
- More than two thousand levels that you can play.
- The graphics and the animation in the game are great.
- The funny sound effects are another feature of the app.
- Includes simple and easy tactics.
- You can make the game tough by putting a timer to your gameplay.
12. Guardian Tales
This action-adventure filled strategy game is also an RPG. Guardian Tales was developed by Kong Studio and published by Kakao Games. It has a 4.8/5 rating on the App Store for all iOS devices. It takes you on the journey to save the world of Canterbury by Solving challenging puzzles in dungeons in a strategic action combat format. You have the authority to customize how your island and your heroes look. Choose from a variety of features and customization tools available on the app to get the best action-adventure game to play online on your iOS devices. You can also discover hidden pathways in the game to throw explosives, and discover treasures.
- This game comes with a variety of action sequences.
- Guardian Tales also has a nice storyline.
- Take part in Quizzes and events to get better scores.
- You can jump, dodge, dip, or slide. You can use all these techniques at the same time also.
- Make friends in the game and use different weapons.
- Each weapon has a distinct use, so strategize well and use it.
- You can explore dark dungeons to get more points.
13. Overkill 3
With Overkill 3, Get ready to experience the real action of visual-audio along with the use of strategy. It is an online and offline strategy game for iOS 2021. It is a multiplayer game that lets you play with your friends. You can even chat with them in the chat room to strategize well. It has new endless modes that make you defend the generator for as long as possible. This strategy game also comes with crazy easy to use controls, designed specifically for iOS.
- The visual-audio of the game is worth a mention.
- The game has a huge collection of a unique arsenal.
- Use classic shotguns, assault rifles, machine guns, and sniper rifles.
- Customize the weapon as per your needs.
- Use any of the locations provided in the game. From hostile deserted to barren industrial cities, make use of any location.
14. XCom 2 Collection
XCom 2 Collection has a lot of strategy games embedded into one. It includes some of the best award-winning strategy games like XCome 2, The War of the Chosen expansion, and four DLC packs that are inclusive of the Resistance Warrior Pack, Anarchy’s Children, Alien Hunters, and Shen’s Last Gift. You get the best lot in one package and is most definitely a steal deal for all strategy game lovers. It was in November 2020 that an ios version of the game was released.
- It is a one-player game.
- The game offers new advanced content than the ones available in the individual games.
- In XCom you are fighting an alien invasion.
- Use different features of all the games.
- You can play any game at any time. You will never get bored.
15. Reigns: Her Majesty
Set in medieval times, the queen is the protagonist of the game. In this game, you are the head of the monarch. This game was developed by Nerial and published by Devolver Digital. You need to have good strategizing skills because you have to take care of your kingdom and at the same time be aware of all the concerns that come with being a woman. The king will not be partaking in any decision making, so you are responsible for everything that is happening in the game.
- Decisions are made using a deck of cards.
- Swipe the cards left and right to choose a decision that you wish to make.
- Every decision that you make will directly affect the powers that the church, army, etc.
- Your job is to keep everything stable so that no one overpowers the other.
- While you have to manage a kingdom, this strategy game also requires you to take care of all the responsibilities of being a woman.
Feature Image Credits: Windows Central