Internet has been hovering over our lifestyle since decades now. If you want some family apps for Android, then you are at the right place. We have curated a list of the best Family apps.
In the present era, it has become quite inevitable to save ourselves from the junk over the internet, we continuously feed our minds with and it becomes even harder for the children who can’t decide on themselves whether a particular thing is good for them or not. Thanks to the duo of social media and smartphones. Together they create a form of superficial virtual
social engagement that engulfs our maximum time, which otherwise could have been utilized in some real & productive work.
The list of the best Family Apps for Android includes:
- WhatsApp Messenger
- Home Workout – No Equipment
- Candy Crush Saga
- Google Family Link
Best Family Apps for Android
Below mentioned are the best family apps for Android. Read thoroughly to know about the features and more.
1. Whatsapp Messenger
Whatsapp is basically a social networking app where you can make free voice & video calls along with sending unlimited instant messages on Android devices. You can also use Whatsapp Web on any browser even on a desktop. It is a very user-friendly app with the maximum number of users all over the globe. A person from any age group finds it easy to handle.
- You can share every kind of file on Whatsapp viz. PDFs, docs, jpegs, mp3, mp4 etc.
- The video calling feature can add up to 8 people in a single call.
- You can share your live location with anyone for 15 minutes, 1 hour, or 8 hrs. as per your need.
- You can also send voice notes on Whatsapp instead of texts.
- You can easily find people on this app if their numbers are already saved on your device.
- Unfortunately, fake news gets easily spread via Whatsapp.
- You cannot use this app without access to the internet.
Ratings on Play Store: 4.3*
Amazon is an online shopping app, where you can just buy anything at comparatively cheaper rates than the actual marketplace.
- It provides its users with the features of voice commands and photo search.
- Amazon gives home delivery either free or at minimal rates.
- You can stay updated with the latest fashion trends with this app.
- Both cash on delivery and online payments are accepted.
- You can return the product, if not satisfied, within two weeks of its delivery.
- On few occasions, you don’t get the desired product which was shown in the pictures.
- Fragile products are sometimes broken when delivered.
Ratings on Play Store: 4.1*.
3. Home Workout – No Equipment
This app, as the name suggests, is a fitness app. It can be used both by any person who is health-wise a freak irrespective of one’s gender. The best part about this app is that you won’t need to go to any gym, rather all the exercise plans mentioned in it can be performed very conveniently at your home.
- Absolutely no equipment or coach needed. All the given exercises are performed using your own body weight. An automated voice gives you appropriate instructions while exercising.
- With animated videos provided for every single exercise, you can ensure if you are doing whatsoever exercise in the correct form or not.
- The app has workout sessions, from beginner’s level to advanced level, for your whole body; viz. abs, chest, arms, shoulders, back, and the lower body.
- The app also records your training progress along with calculating your BMI on the basis of the data you provide.
- Of course, the app cannot physically keep a check on you whether you are actually doing the necessary or not. You yourself need to be sincere and dedicated to your daily sessions.
- If not given proper attention to the guidance provided, you can certainly hurt yourself while performing an exercise in a wrong manner. You need to be extra careful.
Ratings on Play Store: 4.9*
4. Candy Crush Saga
Candy Crush Saga, a gaming app, is loved by millions of players of different age groups from all over the world. It is, in fact, a puzzle game in which candies are switched so that they get placed with similar kinds of candies. These candies, when matched together, blast to win points and reach the next levels.
- You can pass your spare time without getting bored by playing this interesting game.
- The app indirectly tests your wit and puzzle-solving ability.
- It doesn’t promote violence like many other gaming apps.
- It is highly addictive; one should know when to stop playing it and get back to your work.
- Candy Crush Saga is a single-player game.
Ratings on Play Store: 4.6*
5. Google Family Link
It is a free parental control app from Google. The app provides parents with the feature to keep a check on their children’s digital activities.
- With the help of the app, you can view your child’s app activity
- You can set a screen time limit for your kid and at the same time can manage the apps they are allowed to use having remote access from your own device.
- Family Link lets you even know your kids’ location if they would be carrying their smartphones with them.
- It’s a pure Android app and if your family uses different platforms, then it’s of no good use.
- If your child is more than 13 years of age, then again the app is not meant for you.
Ratings on Play Store: 4.0*
Who doesn’t love to hear the music of one’s choice? Well, here’s this app that provides free music and podcast streaming. Be it oldies or pop music, classical or jazz, you can just find any genre over Spotify. Hence a person of any age-group can find his/her type of songs.
- Searching for music is quite easy with Spotify. You have to just enter the name of a song and sometimes the name of its singer as well and then press the search option. There you go!
- You can make playlists of your own taste on this app.
- You can also download songs from Spotify.
- Spotify plays a lot of ads if not taken a subscription. Only after subscribing, it gives you ad-free music, otherwise not.
- The app is not available in all countries of the world.
- The lyrics feature is not fully functional.
Ratings on Play Store: 4.5*
So far my opinion is concerned; these are the top 6 family apps for this year. The ratings of all the above-mentioned apps are mostly 4+. I personally have used all of them and thus tried to enlighten you with the experiences I had, while using them. The apps which I chose today though belong to different fields but are necessary for our day-to-day lives. In brief, these are the “must-keep apps” for Android 2021.
Feature Image Credits: FamilyApp