If you are looking for some family apps to connect with your family, then the internet has got you at the right place. We have a list of the best family apps that you can easily use with your children and parents.
Internet and social media are the essence of the modern world. It is hard to imagine even a day without these two. All this engagement over the internet has a distant between families. But we have a solution for you all.
The best family Apps for Android and iOS are:
- Cozi Family Organiser
- Mint: Personal Finance & Money
- FindMyKids: GPS Phone Tracker
- Whatsapp Messenger
- Home Workout – No Equipment
- Candy Crush Saga
- Google Family Link
The above-mentioned list has all kinds and genres of applications that you can use with your family. Read further to know more about the features, pros, cons, advantages, and disadvantages.
Best Family Apps
These list has the best family apps for iOS and Android. You can easily download these applications from the Goggle Play Store or the Apple Store.
1. Cozi Family Organiser
Why Cozi Family Organiser is one of the Best Family Management Apps for iOS 2021?
If you are working parents, it must be hard for you to manage both work and the home each day. Here, Cozi Family Organiser can help you out. It is the best family organizer app.
Cozi Family Organiser is the simplest way to manage and deal to manage everyday family life. In the busy schedule, this app is a must. It’s easy to use and is available for any mobile device.
You can keep track of everyone’s activity with its simple color-coded calendar. This calendar has in-built reminders that will inform you about the event before the due time. You can have your shopping list, to-do list, recipe book, and this can also be your family journal.
What’s so special?
- Keeps track of each one’s schedule at one place especially of your child, his school, team, work, etc.
- Simple colored calendar.
- You can set reminders for important events.
- You can make a shopping list or a to-so-list.
- Everyone who signs up with you will get the same information.
App store rating: 4.8
Size: 77.2 MB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Price: It is a free app. But you can upgrade to its gold version. This can cost you from $19.00 to $29.00.
2. Mint: Personal Finance & Money
Why Mint: Personal Finance & Money is one of the Best Family Apps for iOS 2021?
Mint is an app that works to handle your budget, bills, and credit score in a fresh way. It is the best family app to manage the finances.
This app brings together all of your finances in one place. It can help you with account balances, monthly expenses, spending, your free credit score, net worth, and more. You can see your transactions with just one tap.
You will get an alarm when you extend the transaction limit or exceeds your budget. It gives you budgeting tips so that you can save for your future goals.
What’s so special?
- You can manage all your money with just one app.
- Connect your cash, credit cards, loans, investments, and more.
- Experience better monitoring and budgeting.
- You can track your IRS Tax refund.
- You can see and manage your bills as well.
- Gives an alert when you exceed your budget.
App store rating: 4.8
Size: 582.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Price: It is a free app. But you can upgrade to its Mint live version. This can cost you $24.99.
3. FindMyKids: GPS Phone Tracker
Why FindMyKids: GPS Phone Tracker is one of the Best Family Apps for iOS 2021?
FindMyKids: GPS Phone Tracker is a parental control and kid finder security family app. It is made specifically for caring parents.
With this app, you can know the exact location of your child. So that you will close to him even if your child is not answering your calls or messages. This app can notify if your child is leaving or entering the house, school, and other places.
Also, with this app, you will be informed when the battery of their phone is about to die. But it requires access to the camera, his contacts, microphones, and push notification.
What’s so special?
- You can get the exact location of your kid.
- You will get a notification of them leaving or entering the house, school, and other places.
- You can set your safe zones with the map.
- You can send a loud signal to your child when he is not answering the calls even if the phone is on silent.
- Informs you about their low battery.
- It has an inbuilt chat that allows you to chat with your family members.
- Gets notified if your child presses the SOS button.
App store rating: 4.7
Size: 391.7 MB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Price: It is a free app. But you can upgrade to its gold version. This can cost you from $3.99 to $5.99 monthly.
Why Skype is one of the Best Family Apps for iOS 2021?
If you are living far from your home and miss talking to them, then you must try skype.
Skype is a full-fledged best family connecting app that can HD video calls. It’s a clutter-free app that makes you focus on your conversation more than the connection. You can enjoy seamless calls with 50 people at a time.
Not only the video calls, but you can also enjoy voice calls, send instant messages, or SMS. Also, you can share photos, videos, gifs, stickers, and emoticons and save them as well to your camera roll.
One interesting feature about skype is that it allows Cross-platform. It means that you can call using your phone, but the other person has can do it with any other device. They can connect to you from the phone, laptop, desktop, and smartwatch.
What is so special?
- You can video call with 50 people at a time.
- It can send SMS, instant message, photos, videos, emoticons, gifs to people.
- It is cross-platform and you can share the screen as well.
- The app uses fewer data.
- The app is good for conference calls.
App Store Ratings: 4.5*
Size: 175.1 MB
Category: Social Networking
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Price: It’s a free app. And offers in-app purchases. It can cost $3.49 to $24.99 for premium services.
5. Whatsapp Messenger
Whatsapp is basically a social networking app where you can make free voice & video calls along with sending unlimited instant messages on Android devices. You can also use Whatsapp Web on any browser even on a desktop. It is a very user-friendly app with the maximum number of users all over the globe. A person from any age group finds it easy to handle.
- You can share every kind of file on Whatsapp viz. PDFs, docs, jpegs, mp3, mp4 etc.
- The video calling feature can add up to 8 people in a single call.
- You can share your live location with anyone for 15 minutes, 1 hour, or 8 hrs. as per your need.
- You can also send voice notes on Whatsapp instead of texts.
- You can easily find people on this app if their numbers are already saved on your device.
- Unfortunately, fake news gets easily spread via Whatsapp.
- You cannot use this app without access to the internet.
Ratings on Play Store: 4.3*
Amazon is an online shopping app, where you can just buy anything at comparatively cheaper rates than the actual marketplace.
- It provides its users with the features of voice commands and photo search.
- Amazon gives home delivery either free or at minimal rates.
- You can stay updated with the latest fashion trends with this app.
- Both cash on delivery and online payments are accepted.
- You can return the product, if not satisfied, within two weeks of its delivery.
- On few occasions, you don’t get the desired product which was shown in the pictures.
- Fragile products are sometimes broken when delivered.
Ratings on Play Store: 4.1*.
7. Home Workout – No Equipment
This app, as the name suggests, is a fitness app. It can be used both by any person who is health-wise a freak irrespective of one’s gender. The best part about this app is that you won’t need to go to any gym, rather all the exercise plans mentioned in it can be performed very conveniently at your home.
- Absolutely no equipment or coach needed. All the given exercises are performed using your own body weight. An automated voice gives you appropriate instructions while exercising.
- With animated videos provided for every single exercise, you can ensure if you are doing whatsoever exercise in the correct form or not.
- The app has workout sessions, from beginner’s level to advanced level, for your whole body; viz. abs, chest, arms, shoulders, back, and the lower body.
- The app also records your training progress along with calculating your BMI on the basis of the data you provide.
- Of course, the app cannot physically keep a check on you whether you are actually doing the necessary or not. You yourself need to be sincere and dedicated to your daily sessions.
- If not given proper attention to the guidance provided, you can certainly hurt yourself while performing an exercise in a wrong manner. You need to be extra careful.
Ratings on Play Store: 4.9*
8. Candy Crush Saga
Candy Crush Saga, a gaming app, is loved by millions of players of different age groups from all over the world. It is, in fact, a puzzle game in which candies are switched so that they get placed with similar kinds of candies. These candies, when matched together, blast to win points and reach the next levels.
- You can pass your spare time without getting bored by playing this interesting game.
- The app indirectly tests your wit and puzzle-solving ability.
- It doesn’t promote violence like many other gaming apps.
- It is highly addictive; one should know when to stop playing it and get back to your work.
- Candy Crush Saga is a single-player game.
Ratings on Play Store: 4.6*
9. Google Family Link
It is a free parental control app from Google. The app provides parents with the feature to keep a check on their children’s digital activities.
- With the help of the app, you can view your child’s app activity
- You can set a screen time limit for your kid and at the same time can manage the apps they are allowed to use having remote access from your own device.
- Family Link lets you even know your kids’ location if they would be carrying their smartphones with them.
- It’s a pure Android app and if your family uses different platforms, then it’s of no good use.
- If your child is more than 13 years of age, then again the app is not meant for you.
Ratings on Play Store: 4.0*
Who doesn’t love to hear the music of one’s choice? Well, here’s this app that provides free music and podcast streaming. Be it oldies or pop music, classical or jazz, you can just find any genre over Spotify. Hence a person of any age-group can find his/her type of songs.
- Searching for music is quite easy with Spotify. You have to just enter the name of a song and sometimes the name of its singer as well and then press the search option. There you go!
- You can make playlists of your own taste on this app.
- You can also download songs from Spotify.
- Spotify plays a lot of ads if not taken a subscription. Only after subscribing, it gives you ad-free music, otherwise not.
- The app is not available in all countries of the world.
- The lyrics feature is not fully functional.
Feature Image Credits: FamilyApp