Does Snapchat ever leave you wondering, “Why did Snapchat notify me when someone joined Snapchat?” The ongoing “Your contact just joined Snapchat” notifications have sparked a wave of concern among users. If you find yourself in the same boat, you are not alone. This issue has plagued Snapchat users for quite some time, and many people are understandably frustrated by it.
Snapchat’s notifications are a mixed bag. Some people want to stop the constant alerts like New Story notifications, while some are eager to understand why they are not receiving any notifications whatsoever. Some users complain: Why do I keep getting “Your contact just joined Snapchat” notifications for the same person?
If you find yourself in a similar situation, let us explore why this occurs and whether there is a way to fix “Your contact just joined Snapchat” notifications! Keep reading to uncover all the details about this issue.
In This Article
What are “Your Contact Just Joined Snapchat” Notifications?
Snapchat’s “Your contact just joined Snapchat” notifications have been the subject of much debate among users. Some find them helpful in staying connected with their friends, while others find them annoying and intrusive.
These notifications are simply alerts informing you when someone in your phonebook has joined Snapchat. They typically include the contact’s name and a brief message like “Your contact just joined Snapchat!”
Why is Snapchat Sending Me Notifications That My Contact Just Joined?
Snapchat sends you notifications that your “Contact” just joined for a few reasons:
- To encourage user engagement: By notifying you when your friends join Snapchat, the app hopes to entice you to open it up and use it more often. The more you use the app, the more likely you are to see ads and make in-app purchases, which generates revenue for Snapchat.
- To help you connect with your friends: These notifications can help you discover new friends who are already using Snapchat. This can help you expand your social network and make more connections within the app.
- To promote the app: By reminding you that your friends are on Snapchat, the app hopes to encourage you to stay active and invite more friends to join. This helps to grow Snapchat’s user base and make the app more popular.
- To gather data: When you receive a notification that a contact has joined Snapchat, Snapchat may collect data about you and your interactions with that contact. This data can be used to target ads, personalize your experience, and improve the app’s algorithms.
- To make you feel connected: Snapchat may want to make you feel like you are part of a larger community by notifying you when your friends join the app. This can help you feel more connected to your friends and more engaged with the platform.
While Snapchat may have good intentions, these notifications can sometimes be annoying, especially if you receive them frequently or for contacts you do not care about.
How to Fix “Your Contact Just Joined Snapchat” Notifications?
If you are tired of being constantly bombarded with “Your contact just joined Snapchat” notifications, you are not by yourself in this. Many users face the same issue. At times, you might even receive repeated alerts for the same contact, often stemming from a server issue that necessitates patience for resolution. However, if you would rather not wait or prefer to keep such notifications at bay permanently, there are a few steps you can take to disable them.
Method 1: Adjust Your Notification Settings
The simplest way to disable these notifications is to adjust your notification settings within the Snapchat app. Here is how to do it:
Step 01: Open the Snapchat app and tap on your Bitmoji or profile icon in the top left corner.
Step 02: Tap on the gear icon in the top right corner to open the Settings menu.
Step 03: Scroll down and tap on the Notifications option.
Step 04: Uncheck the checkbox next to the Friends Suggestion option.
By employing this method, you won’t receive any notifications, whether they are from a contact or a stranger. This approach is suitable if you have ever wondered, “Why am I getting Snapchat notifications from strangers.”
Method 2: Stop Sharing Contacts with Snapchat
If you want to go a step further and prevent Snapchat from accessing your contact list altogether and stop “Your contact just joined Snapchat” notifications, you can prevent contact syncing. Here is how to do it:
Step 01: Open the Snapchat app and tap on your profile or Bitmoji icon in the top left corner.
Step 02: Tap on the cog icon in the top right corner to open the Settings menu.
Step 03: Scroll down and tap on the Contact Syncing option under the ACCOUNT ACTIONS section.
Step 04: Toggle the button next to the Share Contacts With Snapchat option to cease sharing contacts with Snapchat.
With this done, you will not receive any more “Your contact just joined Snapchat” notifications, as Snapchat will no longer have access to your contacts.
A word of caution: While you have the option to turn off all Snapchat notifications entirely, it is worth noting that this means you will not receive any notifications at all. That is why I have not recommended this fix, as it may impact your overall experience with the app.
That is all you need to know about “Your contact just joined Snapchat” notifications! I hope this article helped you understand why you are getting these notifications and how to stop them from bugging you. Remember, many Snapchat users are finding these notifications annoying. But with a few simple tweaks to your settings, you can easily silence them and enjoy a more peaceful Snapchat experience.
If you have any other questions about Snapchat notifications, feel free to leave a comment below. And do not forget to check out Path of EX articles on Snapchat for more tips and tricks.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do I keep getting “Your contact just joined Snapchat” notifications for the same person?
Receiving repeated “Your contact just joined Snapchat” notifications for the same person may be due to a server issue. Snapchat might be experiencing delays or glitches. In such cases, it is advisable to wait for the issue to be resolved.
2. Can I do anything to prevent Snapchat from accessing my contact list altogether?
Yes, you can unlink your phone contacts from Snapchat. This will prevent the app from accessing your contact list and sending you notifications about new users.
3. What if I want to keep these notifications for some of my contacts but not others?
Unfortunately, there is no way to enable or disable these notifications based on individual contacts selectively. You will either have to disable them for everyone or keep them for everyone.